price change questions.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by bignick1693, Apr 11, 2010.

1. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    i am getting a silver alternity convoy. if i take it out of the box will it lose alot of value. i am still keeping the box and every thing in it.

2. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Yes. MISB is always worth more that loose, even when complete.

And don't get confused by MIB, which for some reason means something it's not. It's not mint anymore if it's been handled, it may be in very good condition, but it's not mint. I have no idea how that description lost its meaning.

3. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    Yes it will loose its value (probably around $5-15) if you were to open it and then turn around and resell it. Keeping the box and everything inside would improve the value vs. an opened figure without any packaging or other inserts though.

MISP > MIP > Loose

4. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    ok i was thinking of posing him but the money loss for future resell kind of sucks.

5. Nez Pierce

Nez Pierce @evildanish

News Credits:
    ...then why spend the money in the first place?:confused: 

6. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Problem is Mint is a subjective term. All MIB is suppose to signify is that an item and it's packaging are in very good to excellent condition and are nearly indistinguishable from an item that hasn't been touched by human hands since it was packaged.

Thing is we've all seen plenty of items in sealed boxes that weren't mint because they were left in the sun too long or were misassembled, or otherwise have some horrible QC issue.

7. devilution

devilution Well-Known Member

if you bought this for an investment, don't open it. also, stop buying transformers and do some research on the stock market. now's a great buyer's market.

if you bought it to display, or to play with, friggin' open it. if you think you might need the $50 you can sell it for before you can earn it next, then you probably shouldn't have bought it in the first place.

8. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    And that's the problem I have with it. The term mint is supposed to mean fresh from the mint, untouched by human hands. The collector's have perverted the term to mean "good condition" regardless of how much it's been handled. It shouldn't be subjective. I do get your point about yellowing or GPS on items still in the sealed box though. That is a unique characteristic to our hobby.