Prewar Megatron/Rung - Milne Designs

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by VaderPrime1, Aug 18, 2011.

1. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Here's Milne's Megatron of his prewar self. (Seen in #22 and #23 of the Ongoing comic series)

Pencils: markerguru on deviantART

... and here's Rung. Seen on Cybertron in the flashbacks of #22 and #23.

Pencils: markerguru on deviantART

Colors: markerguru on deviantART

Rung is "ok" to me, but I love the Megatron design. You don't really get to see his alt-mode in the comics from this time period. I like how he's a tracked ore transport.

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. blur3479

blur3479 The most boring member

News Credits:

Speechless

3. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    WOW!

Although I wish Megs front tredds didn't go out so far, really feels like Armada Megs then.

4. asphalt

asphalt King of the road

Ebay:
    I really like that design, nice and clean. I would love to see some of the attachments. This would also make a nice base design for Cybertronian constructicons.

5. ruinnatn

ruinnatn Silently Oldschool

I didn't know Megatron turned into the ThunderTank!!!! :) 

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Rung is pretty bad. :lol  He has a computer screen growing out of his crotch.

Megatron is every bland flavour of meh.

7. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Memories of Megatron origins returning:yuck 

8. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

That is rather...Awkward looking, isn't it.

9. Darth Cylon

Darth Cylon addicted to mecha

For a second I was I thought Rung was the new LG vacuum

[​IMG]

10. Stormcrow

Stormcrow Well-Known Member

Well played.

11. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I was going to be diplomatic and just say that they don't appeal to me then I thought why the heck shouldn't I be honest ?

I can therefore say I think they are 'Garbage' that about sums it up for me. Derivative rather foolish looking and heck they don't even look that much like Transformers so much as Gundam's "yet again".

It's everything that shows why the IDW Comic era is a huge pile of disappointment in terms of the G1 derived Universes in my personal view of such matters.

I've been buying comics since I was 7 years old - IDW made me stop buying comics by assisting in sucking all the joy out of first Gi Joe then subsequently Transformers. If i'd carried on reading their output I'd have only got more incandescent with rage at the terrible art poor understanding of the characters, muddled and inconsistent character designs appalling story telling, hideously written and hideous looking Humans, and the general poor value for money of their comics.

So I have a very high quality Bar before I will say something IDW is good but even so this is some of the worst and laziest Transformers designs I've seen since some of the the War For Cybertron & War within Modes modes that so often looked like someone scribbled them down on the back of a cigarette packet and said that will do.

So no rapturous applause from this quarter I'm afraid... just yet another reason to add to the pile not to not buy their output.

I'm waiting for someone at IDW to impress me or to make Transformers "Cool" like it should be I'm still waiting I'd hasten to add.
    I've got more entertainment out of the fan rage over Drift and other issues than I have over any of their materials for a long time now.

so I will give a "sigh" and wander off muttering to myself now......

12. Tom-1

Tom-1 Well-Known Member

Not a fan of the IDW series (any of them) - even less of a fan when it comes to random sketches of background characters...

Tom

13. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I like that Rung looks like he's got one of those harnasses people wear when they're working on radio towers or power lines.

14. leadsled

leadsled the word is "Mortifying"

So much hate .... Firstly I don't like IDW , it's all we got so I follow it . The last two issues of ongoing have been very good and if they went in such a intelligent direction I may change my tune in the future . Alex , Guido , Don , Nick. They're all excellent artists that do things there own way and they all do it extremely well ....I Fault the pitifull writing for the books lack luster appeal not the artists . I wish I could draw as well as they do.

15. Tomiku

Tomiku black repaint fetishist

Some people in this thread's reactions: Megatron looks like garbage!

My reaction: Megatron looks like a garbage truck! :p 

16. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

I really like Rung's head design, but the rest of his body is rather odd. Megatron looks great in Milne as always.

17. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think Megatron looks awesome, and it's nice to finally see his alt mode when he was a miner.

18. Baron Prime

Baron Prime Well-Known Member

In my opinion, IDW has put out good stuff. The problem it has is that has to fight against our memories of what has come before. Which over the course of 20+years has evolved into the stuff of Legend. And it is very hard to fight Legend. Dreamwave sucked wholeheartedly, but IDW has a strong team and they are building on myth and legend to provide some excellent stories. James Roberts and Nick Roche are currently the masters I didn't like AHM but began to appreciate Guido's art so much for. Alex has improved since the Energon days but he enjoys the Gundam style of robot which is he very good at.
    And lets face it, its a hell of alot better than TF Prime or The Bayverse Wipe.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  19. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly, I've spent YEARS ripping on Alex Milne, but he has MASSIVELY upped his game within the last six months. After spending years apparently refusing to take on any of the criticisms he's been subjected to and barely changing anything about his art, as soon as he was put on the ongoing, his work underwent a HUGE, visibly noticeable upswing in quality. Even the generics populating the background LOOK like Transformers now, and not the generic Japanese Gundammy robots that were all over the Drift miniseries. The last two issues of the ongoing have literally been the best work he's ever done, and having been written by James Roberts, they're also two of the best issues IDW's put out.

20. wm10k

wm10k Reanimator of Dead Things

I thought the previous something-Prime and the cybertronian cycle Springarm did take on some rather Gundam-esque proportions and style cues (particularly the pronounced knees, feet and shoulders). These designs also have more curves to them, they aren't just building blocks upon blocks. I still thought Springarm was actually very cool looking and I'd love to have a toy of him.

I really don't see anything very Gundam about the Megatron sketch at all..I kinda like it. I'm missing the blaster on his arm but understand why it shouldn't be there.

Rung doesn't look very Gundam to me either. Though....if you were to anthropomorphize one of those weird ball or pod or whatever units from Gundam I guess Rung would be the end result. But that is a bit of a stretch.

I think if these had earth based alt modes the Gundam comparisons would be made less as they would have more earth kibble on them. As it is these look like spacey vehicles that have bot modes which isn't too uncommon in the Gundam universe anyway.