Previous Transformers lines

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Syn3sthesia, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Syn3sthesia

Syn3sthesia Well-Known Member

I'm new to the world of Transformers collecting.

Did the previous lines of Transformers (especifically) Universe, ever show up at discount stores?

I noticed that ROTF, Animated, HFTD and RTS have but I don't recall seing Universe figs at places like Marshalls etc.

2. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    I think they really started carrying them after the first movie's success.
    But there are some Beast Wars Injectors still at Rite Aids, CVS, etc as of last year though.

3. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    Back around 2005 Hasbro started to market leftover scouts molds as Universe basics which popped up at Dollar General and Big Lots. Early on they also offered late Energon deluxes, but don't appear to have continued with them after the initial batches. Last year I found a bunch of Robot Heroes at Dollar General.

I recall seeing wave 1 2003 Transformers at a Dollar General in 2005.

But in general, Hasbro has usually done a solid job in making enough to satisfy demand and sell through core retail channels. In has only been in last few years (I blame the downturn in the economy for some of this) that we've started seeing the large volume of mainline Transformers product show up at discounters in the volume we're seeing.

My experience was that Transformers Universe 2008 was produced in slightly lower numbers than Animated, and thus largely sold through most of their stock during its initial retail run, at least as far as the deluxe figures went.