Preview of tonight's "Justice League" Smallville...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mr. Jiggles, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Mr. Jiggles

Mr. Jiggles loves your mother.

Spoilers be ahead.

From AICN:
    Green Arrow!! Flash!! Cyborg!! @qu@m@n!! Herc Has Seen SMALLVILLE Mete Out JUSTICE!!

I am – Hercules!!

SMALLVILLE 6.11 FAQ

What’s it called?
    “Justice.”

Who’s responsible?
    Teleplay is credited to Steven S. DeKnight (“Buffy the Vampire Slayer,” “Angel”).

What does TV Guide say?
    “The Green Arrow, Impulse, Aquaman and Cyborg try to destroy LuthorCorp's secret laboratory, but Impulse (Kyle Gallner) is captured and tortured by Lex, prompting the others to joins forces as a team to rescue him.”

The big news?
    Chloe finally figures out Ollie’s secret identity, and becomes the new team’s Oracle.

What else is TV Guide not telling us?
    This looks like the last “Smallville” for young Oliver Queen.

Are the words “Justice League” used at any time? The word “League” is not spoken, not even by Aquaman. So this may actually be the formation of The Justice Society, Clark’s first team in the funnybooks.

Is Bart calling himself “Impulse” or “Flash” now?
    In the comics he’s been known as “Flash,” “Kid Flash” and “Impulse,” and his aliases in 4.5 were those of Flashes Jay Garrick and Wally West, but Ollie names him “Impulse.”

So it’s safe to assume Ollie is the team’s leader?
    It is.

Do any DC icons besides Oliver Queen, Bartholomew Allen, Victor Stone and Arthur Curry turn up this week?
    Yes. Clark Kent, Lois Lane, Lex Luthor and Martha Kent. But, curiously, not Lana Lang or Jimmy Olsen.

Annoying Hercules. Besides them.
    No, Ray Palmer doesn’t turn up or anything. It’s all super friends we’ve met in previous episodes.

Are any other DC icons referenced?
    No. There’s not talk of recruiting Shiera Hall or Will Magnus or Rita Farr or Hal Jordan. There’s no talk of Ollie booking a flight to New Gotham City to check out that Dinah Lance girl Batman’s daughter is supposedly training.

As I recall, Lex’s torture of Aquaman was pretty passive-aggressive; A.C. was merely denied water. Same sort of thing with Bart?
    I deem Lex more overtly sinister this time around. Lex constructs an elaborate device that forces Bart to move constantly at superspeed to avoid getting electrocuted.

So Lex is totally evil these days?
    Lex thinks he’s Jack Bauer. He’s literally torturing Bart in the name of freedom and democracy.

Was Herc enthralled with this tale of the larger DC Universe?
    Not so much! Blame expectations, or the Cartoon Network’s animated “Justice League” series, or an appreciation of how great “Heroes” has grown, but I can scarcely imagine a less inspired first live-action teaming of these five DC icons. It might have been fun to see the heroes compare notes about the strange evolution of the world into something suddenly teeming with superhumans. It might have been fun to talk about some heroes Ollie wasn’t able to recruit. It would have been nice to hear more convincing reasons for Bart, Vic and A.C. to throw in with The Green Arrow. (These guys, frankly, have powers that could earn them a mint as free agents; why do they need Ollie?) It would also have been nice to see some less appalling superhero garb. This show doesn’t take its source material nearly seriously enough for my taste.

How does it end, spoiler-boy?
    “You make some pretty amazing friends, Clark Kent.” “Yeah, I do.”

Herc’s Rating For “Smallville” 6.11?

But what matters Herc’s opinion?

USA Today says:

… The Justice League gets an early tryout in a clever Smallville …

Entertainment Weekly give it a “B-minus” and says:

… The stunt is a fanboy thrill, but beefcake casting and Wiggles-gone-glam costuming make it silly. If Smallville wants its thunder back from Heroes, it'll have to try harder. …

Variety says:

… Beyond being a lot of fun, the episode comes as a welcome respite from the ongoing "Smallville Place" love triangle involving Clark Kent (Tom Welling), Lana Lang (Kristin Kreuk) and Lex Luthor (Michael Rosenbaum) …

BONUS! TV Guide reveals that the two Aquamen got along famously.

8 p.m. Thursday. The CW.

2. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

<-- Is freakin' STOKED for this episode

3. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

There's a 12 minute preview on yahoo tv. Looks awsome. Plus Jackie Chiles (Phil Morris) is the Martian Manhunter. What more could you want?

4. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Aquaman sucks even in Smallville, right?

5. Drake

The guy who is the Green Arrow was a better Aquaman in the pilot than the guy who is Aquaman on Smallville.

6. King Starscream

King Starscream <b><font color=blue>The Royal Seeker</font></b> Veteran

News Credits:
    Is this coming on tonight?

7. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

Word is these guys may show up again near the end of the season for a show down with the Phantom zone freaks.

8. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whatever happened to their mantra of no tights no flights?

9. Optimus

Optimus Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    The mantra is still in place. He did not and will not down the tights and fly until the last episode.

And the episode was freakin' sweet.

10. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Did anyone else think the Scene with them walking away from the explosion looked way too much like the Pat Lee/Dreamwave Firey picture of pretentiousness?

11. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    They really need a female to join. I nominate Dr Light.

12. Drake

Pretty cool. Gotta glimpse of Phil Morris in next week's clip. He's playing everyone's favorite Oreo addict and I don't mean Rosie Odonnell.

13. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

Not a bad ep. I haven't been watching any Smallville since the end of Season 2, so I'm a little lost on the story, but it was a lot better than what I thought it would be with a TV budget.

Shouldn't Ollie call the team the Justice Hoods? Everyone on the team had a "suit" with a hood, seemingly. ;) 

14. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The beggining when Flash...oops I mean "Impulse" saved Chloe and Clark went chasing after him was awesome. Nice to see Lex playing a real baddie now and torturing the good guys. :ev: . I really liked the music for this ep, made it seem very epic. The fish jokes about Aquaman and Chloe's joke about the JL being amateurs were pretty funny. Chloe becoming the operator for the "Watch Tower" was a nice touch. Was very cool how the JL banded as a team to save Clark and Impulse.

15. shifty02

shifty02 Greetings Programs

I thought the episode was really cool. Nuff' said

16. Eradicator

Eradicator I am Antithesis

I really liked it too.

17. King Starscream

King Starscream <b><font color=blue>The Royal Seeker</font></b> Veteran

News Credits:
    What I like is how Lex is more villainous than he was in the beginning, but he also backs it up with some logical points. To him, the 33.1 program is a logical way to counter a burgeoning vigilante and superpowered threat. It's like what AICN said. Lex perceives himself like Jack Bauer, doing dirty things for the greater good. It's nice way to develop his character.

18. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I still can't get into this show, it just has no appeal to me for some reason. As a comic nerd I'd love to be able to enjoy it, but alas. :eek: 

19. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Dude. They even made Aquaman gay in the show! Did anyone notice the whole scene with Cyborg in the warehouse?

Cyborg: "Dude...just put your shirt on."
    Aquaman: "I swim better naked, just be thankful I didn't take my pants off."

Aquaman then just stares at him in a lustful way for an uncomfortable amount of time.

My wife and I burst into laughter. Even Smallville has to take shots at him.

20. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Lex Luthor reminds me of SM

I missed to much of this series and need to check the dvd's out.
    Some episodes were a little boring, but then they'd make up for them with some great ones.
    So im guessing those who hate the series are the ones who caught the bad shows lol