Preview figures not coming out before the rest?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TranstechCat, May 1, 2009.

1. TranstechCat

TranstechCat Cybernetic Chimpanzee

Walmart has the preview figs for preorder, but says they wont arrive till the 30th.

Someone found the wave 1 figs at walmart (including Preview Bumblebee), but they rang up as "Do not sell till the 30th".

Anyone but me getting the feeling that the so-called "Preview Figures" are just part of the first wave and will come out with all the other figures?

Or even if they do come out early, some stores (*cough*walmart*cough*) will be weird about it and not sell them till the May 30th street date...

2. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    Yea I got an email from Hasbro for preorders on them to arrive on the 30th, not much of a "Preview" if they come out at the same time as the other figures though.

3. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    That's probably only for online purchases. Didn't Hasbro say they would hit stores on the 15th at TFcon?

4. TranstechCat

It would really grate my cheese to find a Soundwave hanging on the pegs only to have some employee tell me I can't have it until May 30th...

5. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Grate your cheese?? Really? :lol 

Anyways, I heard the 15th of May is the release date for the preview figures. As someone above has already mentioned.

6. TranstechCat

Yeah, but just cause we know that's what it's supposed to be doesn't mean some 50 year old lady cashier does. She's just going to do what the thing says when she scans it, and if it says "Do not sell until May 30th" then that's what she's going to go by.

The other day, I noticed that the Universe figs at my Walmart were marked with red price stickers. I kinda wanted a Hot Shot, but I've got no cash for one right now. I asked the cashier what the red meant (even though I was 99% sure already) when I left cause I wanted to be 100% sure. She kinda stammered for a second and said it must be a marked down item. I said "no, it's the same price as all the others." She stammered some more and said it must be a "seasonal item" like pool accessories. One eye roll later I finally said "It's a Transformer." She kinda nods knowingly and goes "Yeah, we're getting some of the new movie stuff in next month and some of the ones we've got now will be taken down for them." (At this point I wondered why I didn't just say it was a Transformer to begin with.) But then she followed up with "They'll probably come back after the movie" and suggested I could wait till then.

Given that Hot Shot's wave is the last one, I knew better. Once that Universe stuff is gone, it's not coming back. So looks like no Hot Shot for me, and I once again am reminded that unless the person just happens to be a Transformer fan, they likely aren't keeping up with which lines are going till when and why.

Just because I've been following stuff on the net, and know that the "Preview Figures" are supposed to be out before the rest, doesn't mean that someone who works at Walmart will. If they see "Do not sell", they aren't going to sell it. Period.

So like I said, if I find a Soundwave dangling from a peg on say, the 16th and some employee says "Eh, no. We can't sell these till the 30th. These must have been put out by mistake" then I'll be really annoyed. I can't argue with them though cause for one, I've got no proof and two, it won't do any good because they're only doing what the thing says.

Out of curiosity, who said these were preview figures anyway? Unlike the first two, these don't say such on the package, and I may be wrong but haven't they been listed several times with the other Wave 1 figs, not separately as their own "Wave 0.5" or whatever?

7. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:

Umm, not sure what you said. If you don't get Hot Shot now, you'll probably have to pay a markup to get him on ebay. And if your Walmart won't sell them on the fifteenth and you just have to have them 15 days early, try target or TRU. I'll just get mine when i can. I'm in no hurry.

8. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Yep that's what they said.

9. TranstechCat

Re: Hotshot.

Yeah, exactly. I can't get him now, (not enough cash) and he won't be on shelves much longer. So no Hot Shot for me.

Re: Preview Figs.

It's much easier for me to get things at Walmart cause I go there to get groceries anyway. Trips to places like Target and TRU are like... "maybe once every few months" type deals. They're just too far. I made a special effort to go to Target back during the $5 Shockwave/Sunstorm incident because there was no way I could've gotten one at full price, so the trip was worth it.

I've got exactly $15.10 squirreled away specifically for a Soundwave. It's the only cash I'm going to have to buy Transformers with for a while because I've had to pay an extra expense the last two months (I normally only do the light bill and my own groceries, but I've had to pay the rent also this month and last) and what's left is my food money for the month. Can't spend that on toys now can I? But if something comes up again, I won't even have that.

I know how stupid it sounds, but I want to hurry up and spend that cash on what I intended to spend it on before circumstances force me to give it up for something else that, frankly, shouldn't even be my responsibility in the first place. (I'm not going to go into my family's business for the sake of justifying fifteen measly dollars to you guys... I'm just saying. Due to some really craptastic stuff the last few weeks, I've only got enough to get ONE transformer, and I want to get that ONE transformer while I still have the means to do so. The way things are looking, it's going to be quite some time before I can get any more...)

10. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:

Judging by this it seems maybe you should just save your money for the more important things. I drop the cash on toys cause spending 12 to 20 a week won't hurt me. But if 15 is a big deal, I would maybe hold off on the toys.

11. TranstechCat

$15 isn't a big deal right now. But if I end up having to shoulder the rent AGAIN next month, then it might become a big deal.

If SW comes out on say, the 15th like the rumor says then I can get him no prob. It'll be the last one I get for a while, but given that nothing else in the ROTF line thrills me (save maybe Ravage or The Fallen, which wont be out for a while anyway) and Animated is pretty much finished, It doesn't hit me too hard.

If Walmart ends up being hard- um... afts about it and don't sell them till the 30th, then it becomes really awkward timing and (depending on what's going on at the time) I'll either be in a better position to get him (as it'll be right around the first of the month, and I'll be back to only having to pay the light bill) or I won't be able to get him at all (due to having to pay the rent AGAIN, which wipes out everything but my food money).

In other words: May 15th = 100% certainty; May 30th = 50% certainty.

The longer it takes for them to come out, the less of a chance I'll be in a position to get it.

And once again, I'm not going to go into my personal life to justify spending my money on something that makes me happy and provides a little relief from all the crap I have to deal with.

I'm just going to say, In the past month I've gotten ONE transformer, it was the $5 Animated Sunstorm that was a once in a blue moon fluke. Had it not been such a unique case, I wouldn't even have gotten that.

I may not be in a position to get any Transformers for at least 2 months (things may change dramatically around the middle of July, but it's not a sure thing and if it falls through then it could be this FALL before things are back to normal and I stop having to do lights AND rent) and I want to get this LAST ONE before I have to store my hobby in a box for god knows how long.

ONE deluxe in a two month period is NOT too much to ask for... (again, the Sunstorm doesn't count as it was a special case.)

12. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Nah.. I'm pretty confident they ill be available on the 15th by at least a few stores.

I'm planning on hitting the local TRU that day.

13. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
  14. rikkuluverx2

rikkuluverx2 scout

News Credits:
    is leader prime part of the pre release stuff? lmk, thanks.

-rikkuluverx2

15. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    nope but he comes out almost everywhere on may 30th.

16. rikkuluverx2

rikkuluverx2 scout

News Credits:
    damnnit. alright thanks bumblebot lol

-rikkuluverx2

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    eh, the leaders and voyagers are starting to ship out now..i doubt bb and soundwave are preview waves cuase if they were they'd be out already.