PREVIEW: Comics for 05/31/2007

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Primal, May 29, 2007.

1. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
    TOTAL PREVIEWS: 50

APE ENTERTAINMENT
    The Black Coat: ...or Give Me Death #1 (of 4)
    Teddy Scares Volume 1
    White Picket Fences #1

ARCANA STUDIO
    Philly #1

A WAVE BLUE WORLD
    Adrenaline #4 (of 8) - added 06/01/2007

BLUE WATER PRODUCTIONS
    Ray Harryhausen Presents: Wrath of the Titans #1 (of 4) - added 06/01/2007

BURLYMAN ENTERTAINMENT
    Shaolin Cowboy #7 - added 05/30/2007

DARK HORSE COMICS
    Conan Volume 4: Hall of the Dead & Other Stories HC Mature Readers
    Fear Agent Volume 2: My War TP
    Gunsmith Cats Revised Edition Volume 2 TP Mature Readers
    Hellboy: Darkness Calls #2 (of 6)
    Mary Scary HC
    Penny Arcade Volume 4: Birds Are Weird TP
    Shaman Warrior Volume 3 TP Mature Readers
    Star Wars: 30th Anniversary Collection Volume 4: Jango Fett & Zam Wesell HC
    Star Wars: Panel To Panel Volume 2 HC
    Usagi Yojimbo Volume 3 #103

DC COMICS
    Action Comics #850 - added 05/31/2007
    Amazons Attack #2 (of 6) - added 05/31/2007
    Countdown #48
    Green Lantern Volume 4 #20 (3 of 3) - updated 05/31/2007
    Jack Kirby's Fourth World Omnibus Volume 1 HC (Delayed)
    Justice Society of America Volume 3 #6 (4 of 5)
    Teen Titans Volume 3 #47 - added 05/31/2007

DEVIL'S DUE PUBLISHING
    Chucky #2 (of 5)
    R.A. Salvatore's DemonWars: The Demon Awakens #3 (of 3)

DYNAMITE ENTERTAINMENT
    The Boys #7 Mature Readers - updated 02/23/2009
    The Boys Volume 1: The Name of the Game TP Mature Readers - added 05/31/2007
    Dark Xena #2

FIRST SECOND
    The Black Diamond Detective Agency TP - added 06/01/2007 (Available on Amazon)

IDW PUBLISHING
    Fallen Angel Volume 2 #16
    Star Trek: The Next Generation: The Space Between #5 (of 6) - updated 05/31/2007
    Transformers: The Ark - A Complete Compendium of Animation Models
    The Transformers: Spotlight TP (Available on Amazon)

IMAGE COMICS
    Girls Volume 4: Extinction TP Mature Readers
    Negative Burn Volume 2 #11
    Spawn: Godslayer #1 - updated 10/17/2007

IMAGE COMICS/12 GAUGE COMICS
    The Ride: Die Valkyrie #1 (of 3) - updated 05/31/2007

IMAGE COMICS/SHADOWLINE COMICS
    Drawing From Life Mature Readers

IMAGE COMICS/TOP COW
    Freshmen Volume 2 #4
    Witchblade #106 (1 of 2)

KING TRACTOR PRESS
    Family Bones #4

MARVEL COMICS
    Daredevil Volume 2 #97 (3 of 5)
    New Avengers: Illuminati #3 (of 5)
    Silent War #5 (of 6)
    Silver Surfer: Requiem #1 (of 4)
    Spider-Man: Fairy Tales #1
    Ultimate Fantastic Four #42 (1 of 5)
    Wolverine Volume 3 #54 (5 of 6)
    Wolverine Volume 3 #54 Black and White Variant (5 of 6)

2. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
    THE BLACK COAT: ...OR GIVE ME DEATH #1 (of 4)

Publisher:
    Ape Entertainment
    Writers: Ben Lichius, Adam Cogan
    Pencils: Francesco Francavilla
    Covers: Francesco Francavilla
    Inkers: Jeremy Colwell
    Colorist: Jim Charalampidis, Euan Mactavish
    Letters: Chris Studabaker, Jeremy Colwell

Part 1 of 4
    April, 1775. The two greatest mysteries in New York City are: “Who is the masked super-spy known as The Black Coat?” and “Is he dead or alive?” Find out for yourself in the follow up to the pulp-inspired, action-packed first series that Chuck Dixon calls “...an awesome book. ...My kind of comics!”

View:
    The Black Coat: ...or Give Me Death #1, Cover (from Comic Book Resources)
    The Black Coat: ...or Give Me Death #1, Back Cover (from Comic Book Resources)
    The Black Coat: ...or Give Me Death #1, Page 1
    The Black Coat: ...or Give Me Death #1, Page 2-3
    The Black Coat: ...or Give Me Death #1, Page 4
    The Black Coat: ...or Give Me Death #1, Page 5
    The Black Coat: ...or Give Me Death #1, Page 10 (from Comic Book Resources)

Related Links: The Black Coat website

Source: The Black Coat, Comic Book Resources

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------​

TEDDY SCARES VOLUME 1

Publisher:
    Ape Entertainment
    By: Jim Hankins, Ben Roman, Christine Larsen, Rolando Mallada, Drew Rausch, Dustin Evans, Various

You should’ve been nicer to your toys! The Teddy Scares, zombie teddies back from the grave, make their graphic novel debut! Based on the popular toy line, TEDDY SCARES VOLUME 1 features work from Image artist Ben Roman, and SLG/Tokyopop artist Drew Rausch.

View:
    Teddy Scares Volume 1, Page 5
    Teddy Scares Volume 1, Page 6
    Teddy Scares Volume 1, Page 7
    Teddy Scares Volume 1, Page 16
    Teddy Scares Volume 1, Page 17
    Teddy Scares Volume 1, Page 18
    Teddy Scares Volume 1, Page 19
    Teddy Scares Volume 1, Page 20
    Teddy Scares Volume 1, Page 39
    Teddy Scares Volume 1, Page 43
    Teddy Scares Volume 1, Page 44
    Teddy Scares Volume 1, Page 45

Source: Ape Entertainment

WHITE PICKET FENCES #1

Publisher:
    Ape Entertainment
    Writers: Matt Anderson, Eric Hutchins
    Pencils: Micah Farritor
    Covers: Micah Farritor

When eleven-year-old Charlie Hobson uncovers Martian weaponry hidden in the outskirts of his hometown of Greenview, he unwittingly sets the stage for a world threatening conflict that will pit the American Military against a deadly alien menace. As his own backyard becomes a battleground, Charlie must embark upon an adventure to return normalcy not only to Greenview, but also to the entire planet!

View:
    White Picket Fences #1, Cover
    White Picket Fences #1, Page 1
    White Picket Fences #1, Page 2
    White Picket Fences #1, Page 3
    White Picket Fences #1, Page 4
    White Picket Fences #1, Page 5
    White Picket Fences #1, Page 6
    White Picket Fences #1, Page 7
    White Picket Fences #1, Page 8
    White Picket Fences #1, Page 9
    White Picket Fences #1, Page 10

Source: ComicSpace

PHILLY #1

Publisher:
    Arcana Studio
    Writers: Ryan McLelland
    Pencils: Jim Hanna
    Covers Jim Hanna, Jean-Paul Mavinga
    Inkers: Ralph Hedon
    Colorist: Jim Reddington

When a string of powers-related murders hits the streets of Philadelphia, Detective Malik Owen goes looking for Brick, the one hero he can trust for guidance and help. Unfortunately for him the leader of The Trio’s assistance usually comes with that of his not so () teammates Quik and Firestarter.

The Trio are faced with their own problems not stemming from evil villains but kids using a drug that gives them superpowers but usually ends fatal for the user. When The Trio decides to help the police force they find some similarities between the two cases that may prove deadly to the entire city.

With cops, gangs, club kids, villains, and vigilantes all in the mix, The Trio might not be able to stop the one thing that could wreck the group forever: fighting amongst each other.

View:
    Philly #1, Hanna Cover
    Philly #1, Mavinga Cover
    Philly #1, Page 1
    Philly #1, Page 2
    Philly #1, Page 3
    Philly #1, Page 4
    Philly #1, Page 5
    Philly #1, Page 7 (from Newsarama)
    Philly #1, Page 8 (from Newsarama)
    Philly #1, Page 9 (from Newsarama)

Source: Arcana Studio, Newsarama

3. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
    CONAN VOLUME 4: HALL OF THE DEAD & OTHER STORIES HC

Publisher:
    Dark Horse Comics
    Writers: Kurt Busiek, Mike Mignola, Tim Truman
    Pencils: Cary Nord
    Colorist: Dave Stewart

Know, O Prince, that in an age undreamed of, shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars. Hither came Conan the Cimmerian; black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet . . .

Conan: The Hall of the Dead concludes writer Kurt Busiek's (JLA/Avengers, Astro City) critically acclaimed run, paving the way for new writer Tim Truman (Conan and the Songs of the Dead) and featuring a story by Hellboy creator Mike Mignola! Eisner award-nominated artist Cary Nord (Daredevil), and Eisner award-winning color artist Dave Stewart (Ultimate Fantastic Four, DC: The New Frontier) continue their groundbreaking run on Dark Horse's best-selling Conan series with three of the best writers in comics today.
    MATURE READERS

View:
    Conan Volume 4: Hall of the Dead & Other Stories HC, Cover
    Conan Volume 4: Hall of the Dead & Other Stories HC, Page 1
    Conan Volume 4: Hall of the Dead & Other Stories HC, Page 2
    Conan Volume 4: Hall of the Dead & Other Stories HC, Page 3
    Conan Volume 4: Hall of the Dead & Other Stories HC, Page 4

Source: Dark Horse Comics

FEAR AGENT VOLUME 2: MY WAR TP

Publisher:
    Dark Horse Comics
    Writers: Rick Remender
    Pencils: Jerome Opena

Lost, beaten, and trapped in the past, Heath Huston must face the demons of his inevitable future when he finds himself face to face with the automaton regime responsible for robbing him of all he loves. With the knowledge that the Feeders are progressing ever closer to Earth, will Heath be able to get payback from the automaton empire in time to save his home planet from the scourge of an alien infestation? Fan favorite and Russ Manning Award-winner Jerome Opeña joins critically acclaimed scribe Rick Remender for this exciting chapter in the life of Heath Huston, Alien Exterminator.
    Collects: Fear Agent issues #5-10.

View:
    Fear Agent Volume 2: My War TP, Cover
    Fear Agent Volume 2: My War TP, Page 1
    Fear Agent Volume 2: My War TP, Page 2
    Fear Agent Volume 2: My War TP, Page 3
    Fear Agent Volume 2: My War TP, Page 4
    Fear Agent Volume 2: My War TP, Page 5
    Fear Agent Volume 2: My War TP, Page 6
    Fear Agent Volume 2: My War TP, Page 7
    Fear Agent Volume 2: My War TP, Page 8
    Fear Agent Volume 2: My War TP, Page 9
    Fear Agent Volume 2: My War TP, Page 10
    Fear Agent Volume 2: My War TP, Page 11
    Fear Agent Volume 2: My War TP, Page 12
    Fear Agent Volume 2: My War TP, Page 13
    Fear Agent Volume 2: My War TP, Page 14
    Fear Agent Volume 2: My War TP, Page 15
    Fear Agent Volume 2: My War TP, Page 16
    Fear Agent Volume 2: My War TP, Page 17
    Fear Agent Volume 2: My War TP, Page 18
    Fear Agent Volume 2: My War TP, Page 19

GUNSMITH CATS REVISED EDITION VOLUME 2 TP

Publisher:
    Dark Horse Comics
    By: Kenichi Sonoda

How would you like a fat, fun book full of sexy girls shooting guns and blowing things up, all while driving hot cars and fighting the mob? And while you're at it, make it a manga!

Rally Vincent and Minnie-May Hopkins run a gunsmith shop in Chicago by the day . . . but they have a side business as bounty hunters, and there are none better than they are. That's rare for two girls in their late teens! But you can bet Kenichi Sonoda will make you want to believe it.

Presented for the first time in the authentic Japanese format, these giant-sized volumes are action-packed, unretouched, and sure to please the gun nuts, auto buffs, and manga maniacs!
    MATURE READERS

View:
    Gunsmith Cats Revised Edition Volume 2 TP, Cover
    Gunsmith Cats Revised Edition Volume 2 TP, Page 1
    Gunsmith Cats Revised Edition Volume 2 TP, Page 2
    Gunsmith Cats Revised Edition Volume 2 TP, Page 3
    Gunsmith Cats Revised Edition Volume 2 TP, Page 4

HELLBOY: DARKNESS CALLS #2 (of 6)

Publisher:
    Dark Horse Comics
    Writers: Mike Mignola
    Pencils: Duncan Fegredo
    Covers: Mike Mignola
    Colorist: Dave Stewart

Part 2 of 6
    Hecate is gone, and the witches of the world want something from Hellboy. But can Hellboy put aside past grudges long enough for the witches to make their case?

The long-awaited follow-up to 2005's The Island, the six-issue Darkness Calls series sees Mike Mignola pushing his greatest creation, Hellboy, toward the next major turning point in his life, with haunting art by Duncan Fegredo (Enigma, Ultimate Adventures).

View:
    Hellboy: Darkness Calls #2, Cover
    Hellboy: Darkness Calls #2, Page 1
    Hellboy: Darkness Calls #2, Page 2
    Hellboy: Darkness Calls #2, Page 3
    Hellboy: Darkness Calls #2, Page 4

4. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
    MARY SCARY HC

Publisher:
    Dark Horse Comics
    Writers: Andrew Cosby
    Pencils: Troy Nixey
    Covers: Troy Nixey

Last year, Dark Horse Books introduced readers to Dreadful Ed-a very normal, very nice human boy who winds up as heir to the throne of the nightmare world called Nocturnia! In this standalone sequel to that fantastical story we meet Mary Scary-the weird baby girl who was swapped out for Ed when her parents, the Boogeyman and his wife, needed a male heir for their spooky kingdom!

Mary has always been different from the rest of her peers. Maybe it's the spider on her head, maybe it's the snake around her neck . . . but something about her makes everything about her weird! And just when it really starts to bother her that everyone seems to notice how different she is, she meets someone who might be able to help her be less scary-a very normal boy named Ed.

View:
    Mary Scary HC, Cover
    Mary Scary HC, Page 1
    Mary Scary HC, Page 2
    Mary Scary HC, Page 3
    Mary Scary HC, Page 4

PENNY ARCADE VOLUME 4: BIRDS ARE WEIRD TP

Publisher:
    Dark Horse Comics
    Writers: Jerrry Holkins
    Pencils: Mike Krahulik
    Covers: Mike Krahulik

OHMYGODDIDYOUSEETHAT?!? That bird. Right there. Yeah, that's the one. The one giving me the evil eye. You see it too?

Right. Let's grab our drinks, sit down, and pretend we didn't notice him . . . Maybe he'll go away.

So, anyway, I'm sure you stopped by to find out what kinds of Penny Arcade goodness we will be lavishing upon you with this latest collection. Oh, and you came for the cinnamon almond biscotti, of course. But mostly you came because you can't get enough of the smash-hit web-comic Penny Arcade. Well, my friend, do we have the goods for you! All the Penny Arcade web-comics published online in 2003, a smorgasbord of commentary courtesy of Gabe and Tycho, and more bonus material than you can shake a pigeon at! Huh? Oh, sorry, did I say "pigeon"? I meant to say "stick." Sorry, but that bird is still really creeping me out. You can tell it's totally planning something. Can't you see it watching us!?! Man, birds are weird . . .

View:
    Penny Arcade Volume 4: Birds Are Weird TP, Cover
    Penny Arcade Volume 4: Birds Are Weird TP, Page 1
    Penny Arcade Volume 4: Birds Are Weird TP, Page 2
    Penny Arcade Volume 4: Birds Are Weird TP, Page 3
    Penny Arcade Volume 4: Birds Are Weird TP, Page 4
    Penny Arcade Volume 4: Birds Are Weird TP, Page 5

SHAMAN WARRIOR VOLUME 3 TP

Publisher:
    Dark Horse Comics
    By: Park Joong-Ki

Outlawed and marked for death by a kingdom they once served, the Shaman Warriors of Kugai are a dying breed of disturbingly powerful, mystical killing machines. Political misinformation has led the citizens and soldiers of Kugai to fear the once-respected Shamans. As the King’s soldiers begin to comb the desert fringes of civilization for survivors, twisted Death Lords also hunt the Shamans and their followers. Batu hopes to protect the child in his care from the chaos and fear that has engulfed the land, but the daughter of one of the strongest Shamans ever cannot be shielded from her destiny. When a gang of colorful, bloodthirsty assassins closes in on Batu and his ward, surprising new allies reveal themselves--ready to defend this special child with their lives!

Shaman Warrior is a lavishly illustrated, violent fantasy epic with breakneck action sequences, imaginative characters, and moments of pure horror that will appeal to fans of Blade of the Immortal and Lone Wolf and Cub. Translated by the mother/son team of Taesoon Kang and Derek Kirk Kim.
    MATURE READERS

View:
    Shaman Warrior Volume 3 TP, Cover
    Shaman Warrior Volume 3 TP, Page 1
    Shaman Warrior Volume 3 TP, Page 2
    Shaman Warrior Volume 3 TP, Page 3
    Shaman Warrior Volume 3 TP, Page 4

STAR WARS: 30TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION VOLUME 4: JANGO FETT & ZAM WESELL HC

Publisher:
    Dark Horse Comics
    Writers: Ron Marz
    Pencils: Tom Fowler, Ted Naifeh
    Colorist: Tom Fowler, Dave Stewart, Digital Chameleon

Jango Fett and Zam Wesell-two notorious bounty hunters, one explosive combination! When a mysterious employer hires Jango Fett to retrieve an ancient artifact, it's no surprise to find the beautiful and deadly Zam Wesell in pursuit of the same prize. Will this pair of fair-weather foes double-cross each other to land this lucrative score, or will a shared past convince the two that teamwork is the key to success . . . and survival?!

Collecting the graphic novels Jango Fett and Zam Wesell into one volume for the first time, this story captures a pivotal moment in the history of the Republic.

Each month, the Star Wars 30th Anniversary Collection series will bring readers a limited-edition hardcover of the best of Dark Horse's Star Wars graphic novels. Available only through Direct Market retail outlets, each volume's print run is limited to initial orders and will not be reprinted.

View:
    Star Wars: 30th Anniversary Collection Volume 4: Jango Fett & Zam Wesell HC, Cover
    Star Wars: 30th Anniversary Collection Volume 4: Jango Fett & Zam Wesell HC, Page 1
    Star Wars: 30th Anniversary Collection Volume 4: Jango Fett & Zam Wesell HC, Page 2
    Star Wars: 30th Anniversary Collection Volume 4: Jango Fett & Zam Wesell HC, Page 3
    Star Wars: 30th Anniversary Collection Volume 4: Jango Fett & Zam Wesell HC, Page 4

5. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
    STAR WARS: PANEL TO PANEL VOLUME 2 HC

Publisher:
    Dark Horse Comics
    Writers: Randy Stradley
    Pencils: Various

From 5,000 years before Luke Skywalker first picked up a lightsaber to nearly 150 years after the events in Return of the Jedi, Dark Horse Comics has chronicled the major events in every era of the Star Wars galaxy in amazing drawings and paintings by some of the most accomplished artists in our own galaxy.

In this all-new companion to the first Star Wars Panel to Panel volume, we've spotlighted not only the stunning work of comics' greatest artists, but also the legion of characters Dark Horse has contributed to Star Wars' Expanded Universe--characters who have not only carried the romance and adventure of the galaxy far, far away far beyond the events in the films, but those who have made the jump from the pages of comic books to television and the silver screen!

Every Star Wars fan will cherish this look back, forward, and beyond!

View:
    Star Wars: Panel To Panel Volume 2 HC, Cover
    Star Wars: Panel To Panel Volume 2 HC, Page 29
    Star Wars: Panel To Panel Volume 2 HC, Page 68
    Star Wars: Panel To Panel Volume 2 HC, Page 160
    Star Wars: Panel To Panel Volume 2 HC, Unknown Page

USAGI YOJIMBO VOLUME 3 #103

Publisher:
    Dark Horse Comics
    By: Stan Sakai

Jei--the most popular villain in the history of Usagi Yojimbo--makes a terrifying return in the first part of a thrilling new story!

Known far and wide for his compassion and his abilities as a healer, Priest Jizonobu answers the call of a local lord who is in grave need. The lord's daughter is frighteningly ill, and he hopes the priest can save her. However, as the girl slips deeper into a coma, it appears as if the task is beyond even Jizonobu's skill. That is, until the lord makes a deadly threat, forcing the priest to pursue other paths to curing the girl-paths that will lead this pious healer down into darkness.

Desperate men, fateful compromises, and one horrifying villain-this month in Usagi Yojimbo!

View:
    Usagi Yojimbo Volume 3 #103, Cover
    Usagi Yojimbo Volume 3 #103, Page 1
    Usagi Yojimbo Volume 3 #103, Page 2
    Usagi Yojimbo Volume 3 #103, Page 3
    Usagi Yojimbo Volume 3 #103, Page 4

COUNTDOWN #48

Publisher:
    DC Comics
    Writers: Adam Beechen
    Pencils: David Lopez
    Covers Andy Kubert, Tim Townshend

The event of the year is here! This brand-new, year-long weekly series features a cast of hundreds where anything goes! With head writer Paul Dini and a rotating team of some of the industry's best writers and artists, COUNTDOWN will serve as the backbone of the DCU in 2007.

When a character dies in COUNTDOWN 51, it sets off an unexpected ripple that will touch virtually every character in the DC Universe.

The COUNTDOWN is on…so begins the end!

View: (no text)
    Countdown #48, Cover
    Countdown #48, Page 7
    Countdown #48, Page 8
    Countdown #48, Page 12
    Countdown #48, Page 19

Source: Newsarama

GREEN LANTERN VOLUME 4 #20 (3 of 3)

Publisher:
    DC Comics
    Writers: Geoff Johns
    Pencils: Daniel Acuña, Dave Gibbons
    Covers Ivan Reis, Oclair Albert

"MYSTERY OF THE STAR SAPPHIRE!", Part 3 of 3
    What is the secret nature of the sapphire and how will it affect Hal Jordan's future? Plus the backup feature "Tales of the Sinestro Corps" by Dave Gibbons!

View:
    Green Lantern Volume 4 #20, Cover
    Green Lantern Volume 4 #20, Page 1
    Green Lantern Volume 4 #20, Page 2
    Green Lantern Volume 4 #20, Page 3
    Green Lantern Volume 4 #20, Page 4 (from PopCultureShock)
    Green Lantern Volume 4 #20, Page 17
    Green Lantern Volume 4 #20, Page 18

UPDATED: 05/31/2007 - added page 4

Source: Comic Book Resources, PopCultureShock

6. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
    JACK KIRBY'S FOURTH WORLD OMNIBUS VOLUME 1 HC

Publisher:
    DC Comics
    Writers: Jack Kirby
    Pencils: Jack Kirby, Vince Colletta
    Covers Jack Kirby, Vince Colletta

After co-creating a number of legendary comic book heroes — including The Fantastic Four and The Hulk — legendary writer/artist Jack Kirby came to DC Comics in 1970 to create his magnum opus: four interlocked adventure series that were known collectively as "The Fourth World."

Now, for the first time, DC collects Kirby's four series — THE NEW GODS, THE FOREVER PEOPLE, MISTER MIRACLE and SUPERMAN'S PAL, JIMMY OLSEN — in chronological order as they originally appeared. These comics spanned galaxies, from the streets of Metropolis to the far-flung worlds of New Genesis and Apokolips, as cosmic-powered heroes and villains struggled for supremacy.

THE FOURTH WORLD VOL. 1 features the debuts of Orion of the New Gods, the evil Darkseid, super-escape artist Mister Miracle and many others, and features numerous appearances by Superman, from the pages of SUPERMAN'S PAL, JIMMY OLSEN #133-139, FOREVER PEOPLE #1-3, NEW GODS #1-3 and MISTER MIRACLE #1-3!

View:
    Jack Kirby's Fourth World Omnibus Volume 1 HC, Cover (from DC Comics)
    Jack Kirby's Fourth World Omnibus Volume 1 HC, Page 1
    Jack Kirby's Fourth World Omnibus Volume 1 HC, Page 7
    Jack Kirby's Fourth World Omnibus Volume 1 HC, Page 8
    Jack Kirby's Fourth World Omnibus Volume 1 HC, Page 105
    Jack Kirby's Fourth World Omnibus Volume 1 HC, Page 106
    Jack Kirby's Fourth World Omnibus Volume 1 HC, Page 107
    Jack Kirby's Fourth World Omnibus Volume 1 HC, Page 108
    Jack Kirby's Fourth World Omnibus Volume 1 HC, Page 109

Purchase: Amazon.com | Amazon.ca

Source: Major Spoilers, DC Comics

JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA VOLUME 3 #6 (4 of 5)

Publisher:
    DC Comics
    Writers: Geoff Johns
    Pencils: Dale Eaglesham, Ruy José
    Covers Alex Ross; Phil Jimenez with Andy Lanning (Incentive)

"THE LIGHTNING SAGA!", Part 4 of 5
    Wonder Woman leads Damage and a squad of League and Society members deep into the recesses of the mysterious Suicide Swamp! What horrible evil will rise that will plague the world for a thousand years, and how will the combined might of the Justice League and the Justice Society stop it?

View:
    Justice Society of America Volume 3 #6, Ross Cover
    Justice Society of America Volume 3 #6, Page 1
    Justice Society of America Volume 3 #6, Page 2
    Justice Society of America Volume 3 #6, Page 3
    Justice Society of America Volume 3 #6, Page 4
    Justice Society of America Volume 3 #6, Page 5

CHUCKY #2 (of 5)

Publisher:
    Devil's Due Publishing
    Writers: Brian Pulido
    Pencils: Josh Medors
    Covers Josh Medors, Photo

Part 2 of 5
    More madness with everyone’s favorite murderous doll! Chucky’s quest for blood has taken him to Detective Mike Norris and is now leading him to an adult Andy Barclay… but this time, Andy’s got some secrets of his own that may prove deadly to Chucky… Will the tables get turned? The slaughter continues!

View:
    Chucky #2, Medors Cover
    Chucky #2, Page 1
    Chucky #2, Page 2
    Chucky #2, Page 3
    Chucky #2, Page 4
    Chucky #2, Page 5

Source: Devil's Due Publishing

R.A. SALVATORE'S DEMONWARS: THE DEMON AWAKENS #3 (of 3)

Publisher:
    Devil's Due Publishing
    Writers: R.A. Salvatore
    Adaptor: Andrew Dabb
    Pencils: Tim Seeley
    Covers Tim Seeley, Tyler Walpole

Part 3 of 3
    The adaptation of the first DEMONWARS novel concludes! The survivors of the terror sweeping the land have gathered together to form a guerilla army to stand against the encroaching darkness… but are they enough to stem the tide? The war comes down to gentle Avelyn facing demon dactyl alone – how can one lone monk hope to save the world entire?!

View:
    R.A. Salvatore's DemonWars: The Demon Awakens #3, Seeley Cover
    R.A. Salvatore's DemonWars: The Demon Awakens #3, Page 1
    R.A. Salvatore's DemonWars: The Demon Awakens #3, Page 2
    R.A. Salvatore's DemonWars: The Demon Awakens #3, Page 3
    R.A. Salvatore's DemonWars: The Demon Awakens #3, Page 4
    R.A. Salvatore's DemonWars: The Demon Awakens #3, Page 5

Source: Devil's Due Publishing

7. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
    THE BOYS #7

Publisher:
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Writers: Garth Ennis
    Pencils: Darick Robertson
    Covers Darick Robertson
    Colorist: Tony Avina

"GET SOME", Part 1
    DYNAMITE ENTERTAINMENT is proud to welcome Gath Ennis and Darick Robertson's The Boys as they present issue #7 of the series!

The series continues from Dynamite with issue #7 as Butcher takes Wee Hughie to meet the Boys' greatest weapon against the Supes: a man called "The Legend." Plus, meet the troubled hero Tek Knight - a man with a problem so unusual you'll have to read this comic to believe it!

Starting with issue #7, Dynamite is your new home for The Boys each and every month. Find out for yourself why everyone's been talking about The Boys!
    MATURE READERS

View:
    The Boys #7, Cover (from CBR)
    The Boys #7, Incentive Cover (from CBR)
    The Boys #7, Page 1
    The Boys #7, Page 2
    The Boys #7, Page 3
    The Boys #7, Page 4
    The Boys #7, Page 5
    The Boys #7, Page 6
    The Boys #7, Page 7
    The Boys #7, Page 8
    The Boys #7, Page 9
    The Boys #7, Page 10
    The Boys #7, Page 11
    The Boys #7, Page 12
    The Boys #7, Page 13
    The Boys #7, Page 14
    The Boys #7, Page 15
    The Boys #7, Page 16
    The Boys #7, Page 17
    The Boys #7, Page 18
    The Boys #7, Page 19
    The Boys #7, Page 20
    The Boys #7, Page 21
    The Boys #7, Page 22

UPDATE: 02/23/2009 - complete issue
    05/31/2007 - added 6-8,11,12,14, incentive cover; updated pages 1-5

Source: Comic Book Resources, Newsarama

DARK XENA #2

Publisher:
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Writers: John Layman
    Pencils: Noah Salonga
    Covers Fabiano Neves, Stjepan Sejic, Jonathan Lau, Photo
    Colorist: Chris Garcia

Taking place some time after the series finale of Xena: Warrior Princess and before the events of the "Contest of Pantheons." - featured in DYNAMITE'S Xena #'S 1 - 4 - "Dark Xena" finds Gabrielle making a request of the Gods and learning that you must be very, very careful, what you wish for, and how you wish for it!

In this issue: Gabrielle and Joxer concoct a plan! A plan to infiltrate Xena and her her ruthless criminal companions. Can Gabby and Joxer find their way in, convert Xena and not lose their heads in the process? Plus the return of Ares!

Featuring a trio of art covers: Stjepan Sejic, Jonathan Lau and Fabiano Neves along with another Xena photo cover!

View:
    Dark Xena #2, Lau Cover
    Dark Xena #2, Neves Cover
    Dark Xena #2, Sejic Cover
    Dark Xena #2, Photo Cover
    Dark Xena #2, Page 1
    Dark Xena #2, Page 2
    Dark Xena #2, Page 3
    Dark Xena #2, Page 4
    Dark Xena #2, Page 5

Source: Major Spoilers

FALLEN ANGEL VOLUME 2 #16

Publisher:
    IDW Publishing
    Writers: Peter David
    Pencils: Kristian Donaldson
    Covers: Kristian Donaldson

Concluding the previously untold tale of the Fallen Angel's predecessor. The mysterious Lin has arrived in the city of Bete Noire and become an absolute force for good. But absolute power—even for good—corrupts absolutely. Will Lin fall from grace, or prove to be a super girl? Written by New York Times Best-selling author Peter David with art by Kristian Donaldson (Supermarket).

View:
    Fallen Angel Volume 2 #16, Cover
    Fallen Angel Volume 2 #16, Incentive Cover
    Fallen Angel Volume 2 #16, Page 1
    Fallen Angel Volume 2 #16, Page 2
    Fallen Angel Volume 2 #16, Page 3
    Fallen Angel Volume 2 #16, Page 4
    Fallen Angel Volume 2 #16, Page 5

Source: IDW Publishing

STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION: THE SPACE BETWEEN #5 (of 6)

Publisher:
    IDW Publishing
    Writers: David Tischman
    Pencils: Casey Malone
    Covers: Joe Corroney, Photo

"SPACE SEEDS", Part 5 of 6
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard discovers some harsh realities in a garden-like paradise, when The Enterprise investigates crop failures at The Armada, a colony of self-sustaining agricultural domes built atop an asteroid belt. And Wesley Crusher—adjusting to his mother's recent absence—makes an important self-discovery, as he makes friends with a group of farmer's children.

View:
    Star Trek: The Next Generation: The Space Between #5, Cover
    Star Trek: The Next Generation: The Space Between #5, Photo Cover
    Star Trek: The Next Generation: The Space Between #5, Incentive Cover
    Star Trek: The Next Generation: The Space Between #5, Page 1
    Star Trek: The Next Generation: The Space Between #5, Page 2
    Star Trek: The Next Generation: The Space Between #5, Page 3
    Star Trek: The Next Generation: The Space Between #5, Page 4-5 (from Newsarama)

UPDATED: 05/31/2007 - added pages 1,3,covers; updated page 2

Source: IDW Publishing, Newsarama

8. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
    TRANSFORMERS: THE ARK - A COMPLETE COMPENDIUM OF ANIMATION MODELS

Publisher:
    IDW Publishing
    By: Jim Sorenson, William Forster
    Covers: Don Figueroa

Revisit THE TRANSFORMERS, one of the most popular cartoons of the 1980s, in "The Ark"! "The Ark" collects over 500 of the animation models from the classic TV show that have been painstakingly restored to their original glory. This volume has them all, from Optimus Prime to Galvatron, and features a brand new Don Figueroa cover. These designs are incredibly rare and are seldom seen outside of Japan. You won't want to miss out on this amazing collection, which has been painstakingly organized and assembled by Jim Sorenson and William Forster.

View:
    Transformers: The Ark - A Complete Compendium of Animation Models, Cover
    Transformers: The Ark - A Complete Compendium of Animation Models, Page 1
    Transformers: The Ark - A Complete Compendium of Animation Models, Page 2
    Transformers: The Ark - A Complete Compendium of Animation Models, Page 3
    Transformers: The Ark - A Complete Compendium of Animation Models, Page 4
    Transformers: The Ark - A Complete Compendium of Animation Models, Page 5

THE TRANSFORMERS: SPOTLIGHT TP

Publisher:
    IDW Publishing
    Writers: Simon Furman
    Pencils: Robby Musso, Nick Roche, M.D. Bright, Rob Ruffolo
    Covers: Don Figueroa

Collecting a series of five one-shots focusing on some of the best-loved (or loathed) characters from the TRANSFORMERS Universe–HOT ROD, SIXSHOT, SHOCKWAVE, NIGHTBEAT, and ULTRA MAGNUS. Each Spotlight is written by long-time Transformers scribe Simon Furman, whose words accompany artwork by the likes of Nick Roche, M.D. Bright, Rob Ruffolo and Robby Musso.

View:
    The Transformers: Spotlight TP, Cover
    The Transformers: Spotlight TP, Page 1
    The Transformers: Spotlight TP, Page 2
    The Transformers: Spotlight TP, Page 3
    The Transformers: Spotlight TP, Page 4
    The Transformers: Spotlight TP, Page 5

GIRLS VOLUME 4: EXTINCTION TP

Publisher:
    Image Comics
    Writers: Joshua Luna
    Pencils: Jonathan Luna
    Covers: Jonathan Luna

Ethan and his neighbors struggle to find their way out of an alien bubble that separates their once-sleepy town from the rest of the world. But first, the men must overcome the temptations of the mysterious, beautiful clones that are quickly spreading throughout the town, exterminating the women and feeding them to a giant, sperm-shaped vessel. In this final installment of four volumes, we learn the final fate of Pennystown and their enigmatic invaders.
    Collects: Girls #19-24
    MATURE READERS

View:
    Girls Volume 4: Extinction TP, Cover
    Girls Volume 4: Extinction TP, Page 1
    Girls Volume 4: Extinction TP, Page 2
    Girls Volume 4: Extinction TP, Page 3
    Girls Volume 4: Extinction TP, Page 4
    Girls Volume 4: Extinction TP, Page 5

NEGATIVE BURN VOLUME 2 #11

Publisher:
    Image Comics
    By: Brian Bolland, Shannon Eric Denton, Adam Ford, Ron Mccain, Mike Ploog, Curtis Square-Briggs, Dove Mchargue, Ryan Pross, R. G. Taylor, Mel Taylor, C. Willow Wilson
    Covers: Elio Guevara

The Eagle, Eisner, and Harvey Award nominated anthology returns this month with yet another issue packed with today's top creators and tomorrow's brightest talents.

View:
    Negative Burn Volume 2 #11, Cover
    Negative Burn Volume 2 #11, Page 1
    Negative Burn Volume 2 #11, Page 2
    Negative Burn Volume 2 #11, Page 3
    Negative Burn Volume 2 #11, Page 4
    Negative Burn Volume 2 #11, Page 5

9. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
    SPAWN: GODSLAYER #1

Publisher:
    Image Comics
    Writers: Brian Holguin
    Pencils: Philip Tan
    Covers: Jay Anacleto

"THE WINTER KING", Part 1
    Last year, fans of dark fantasy were treated to Spawn: Godslayer, a sweeping tale of ancient magic, fallen kingdoms and doomed love. Now, that dramatic re-imagining of Todd McFarlane?s landmark creation Spawn debuts with a monthly series of its own.

In the world of Ur, there are countless Gods, great and small, who rule over the lands of men. Out of the mists of Chaos emerges an unstoppable marauder ? the Godslayer, a powerful being sent to hunt down and kill the very Gods themselves.

Picking up where the one-shot ended, Bairn, the Godslayer, returns to his shadowy fortress where he is haunted by the ghost of his murdered lover, Neva. There, Neva learns of the dread curse that brought her beloved to his doom, and the true nature of his servitude. But before all her questions can be answered, the Godslayer is sent on the trail of his next target: a brutal tyrant God called the Winter King.

An absolute must-read for fans of epic fantasy like Elric, Lord of the Rings, WoW and Conan

View:
    Spawn: Godslayer #1, Cover
    Spawn: Godslayer #1, Inside Cover
    Spawn: Godslayer #1, Page 1
    Spawn: Godslayer #1, Page 2
    Spawn: Godslayer #1, Page 3
    Spawn: Godslayer #1, Page 4
    Spawn: Godslayer #1, Page 5
    Spawn: Godslayer #1, Page 6
    Spawn: Godslayer #1, Page 7
    Spawn: Godslayer #1, Page 8
    Spawn: Godslayer #1, Page 9
    Spawn: Godslayer #1, Page 10
    Spawn: Godslayer #1, Page 11
    Spawn: Godslayer #1, Page 12
    Spawn: Godslayer #1, Page 13
    Spawn: Godslayer #1, Page 14
    Spawn: Godslayer #1, Page 15
    Spawn: Godslayer #1, Page 16
    Spawn: Godslayer #1, Page 17
    Spawn: Godslayer #1, Page 18
    Spawn: Godslayer #1, Page 19
    Spawn: Godslayer #1, Page 20
    Spawn: Godslayer #1, Page 21
    Spawn: Godslayer #1, Page 22
    Spawn: Godslayer #1, Page 23
    Spawn: Godslayer #1, Page 24

UPDATED: 10/17/2007 - complete issue

THE RIDE: DIE VALKYRIE #1 (of 3)

Publisher:
    Image Comics/12 Gauge Comics
    Writers: Doug Wagner
    Pencils: Brian Stelfreeze
    Covers: Jason Pearson, Brian Stelfreeze (1/5 Incentive)

Hot chicks, a stolen ’68 Camaro, tons of guns, a car chase, and a mess of dead bodies. All this and the hottest teen-assassin in comics as a cherry on top! Completely finished and guaranteed to ship on time!

View:
    The Ride: Die Valkyrie #1, Pearson Cover
    The Ride: Die Valkyrie #1, Stelfreeze 1/5 Incentive Cover (from 12 Gauge Comics)
    The Ride: Die Valkyrie #1, Page 1
    The Ride: Die Valkyrie #1, Page 2
    The Ride: Die Valkyrie #1, Page 3
    The Ride: Die Valkyrie #1, Page 4
    The Ride: Die Valkyrie #1, Page 5 (from Major Spoilers)

UPDATED: 05/31/2007 - added page 5

Source: Comic Book Resources, 12 Gauge Comics, Major Spoilers

DRAWING FROM LIFE

Publisher:
    Image Comics/Shadowline Comics
    Writers: Jim Valentino
    Pencils: Jim Valentino
    Covers: Jim Valentino

Returning to his autobiographical comix roots for the first time in 20 years, JIM VALENTINO presents an all-new collection of real-life stories guaranteed to make you laugh and move you.
    MATURE READERS

View:
    Drawing From Life, Cover
    Drawing From Life, Page 1
    Drawing From Life, Page 2
    Drawing From Life, Page 3
    Drawing From Life, Page 4
    Drawing From Life, Page 5
    Additional Pages:
    Drawing From Life, Additional Page 1 (from Comic Book Resources)
    Drawing From Life, Additional Page 2 (from Comic Book Resources)

Source: Major Spoilers, Comic Book Resources

FRESHMEN VOLUME 2 #4

Publisher:
    Image Comics/Top Cow
    Writers: Hugh Sterbakov
    Pencils: Will Conrad
    Covers: Will Conrad, Rodolfo Migliari (Part 4 of a 6-part cover)
    Colorist: Blond

FUNDAMENTALS OF FEAR X153: THE QUESTION", Part 4
    The secret of Mr. Fiddlesticks is revealed! The Freshmen must come together to save one of their own! Things take a turn for the darker as the Jupiter Corporation, the sinister company owned by The Puppeteer's father, finally makes their move! What evil secret will The Freshmen uncover when they infiltrate Jupiter's horrifying Research & Development department?

Co-created by Austin Powers and The Italian Job star Seth Green and written by recovering Banana Quik addict Hugh Sterbakov!

View:
    Freshmen Volume 2 #4, Conrad Cover
    Freshmen Volume 2 #4, Page 1
    Freshmen Volume 2 #4, Page 2
    Freshmen Volume 2 #4, Page 3
    Freshmen Volume 2 #4, Page 4
    Freshmen Volume 2 #4, Page 5

10. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
    WITCHBLADE #106 (1 of 2)

Publisher:
    Image Comics/Top Cow
    Writers: Ron Marz
    Pencils: Stjepan Sejic
    Covers: Chris Bachalo, Adriana Melo

"RAISING THE DEAD", Part 1 of 2
    Danielle Baptiste returns home to the battered city of New Orleans to visit her ailing father. As she consoles her father and explores the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, Dani will discover why New Orleans is called "the most haunted city in America." But what does the Witchblade know about it?

First Born writer Ron Marz (Ion, Samurai: Heaven & Earth) and Croatian painting sensation, Stjepan Sejic team up to bring you a haunting tale of mood and mystery

View:
    Witchblade #106, Bachalo Cover
    Witchblade #106, Melo Cover
    Witchblade #106, Page 1
    Witchblade #106, Page 2
    Witchblade #106, Page 3
    Witchblade #106, Page 4

FAMILY BONES #4

Publisher:
    King Tractor Press
    Writers: Shawn Granger
    Pencils: Pablo Agustin Lordi
    Covers: Kerem Beyit, Dimitar Bochukov (Back Cover)

"CHAPTER 4: GO FISH"
    Things are heating up for Sean and Wendy. Some clothes come off under the summer heat. As more blood is spilt, can Sean manage to make the moves on this country girl? It's more likely that Wendy ropes Sean and leaves him at the bottom of the pond. Join us in Chapter 4 to see who ends up feeding the fishes.

Dave Baxter, Broken Frontier says "FB finds its feet, dishes out its best issue yet, and shines a spotlight on its most enticing strength: its patience."

FAMILY BONES is based on the TRUE STORY of the oldest married couple on Missouri's death row, as experienced one summer by their unwitting nephew.

View:
    Family Bones #4, Beyit Cover
    Family Bones #4, Page 1
    Family Bones #4, Page 2
    Family Bones #4, Page 3
    Family Bones #4, Page 4
    Family Bones #4, Page 5

Source: King Tractor Press

DAREDEVIL VOLUME 2 #97 (3 of 5)

Publisher:
    Marvel Comics
    Writers: Ed Brubaker
    Pencils: Michael Lark
    Covers Marko Djurdjevic
    Inkers: Stefano Gaudiano
    Colorist: Matt Hollingsworth
    Letters: Chris Eliopoulos

"TO THE DEVIL, HIS DUE", Part 3 of 5
    As Matt Murdock strives to bring order to the chaos of Hell's Kitchen, things take another turn for the worse. Gladiator is on the loose, running for his life, and Daredevil is the only one who can stop him from hurting anyone and everyone who gets in his way.

View:
    Daredevil Volume 2 #97, Cover
    Daredevil Volume 2 #97, Page 1
    Daredevil Volume 2 #97, Page 2
    Daredevil Volume 2 #97, Page 3
    Daredevil Volume 2 #97, Page 4
    Daredevil Volume 2 #97, Page 5

Source: PopCultureShock

NEW AVENGERS: ILLUMINATI #3 (of 5)

Publisher:
    Marvel Comics
    Writers: Brian Michael Bendis
    Pencils: Jim Cheung
    Covers Jim Cheung
    Inkers: Mark Morales
    Colorist: Justin Ponsor
    Letters: Cory Petit

Part 3 of 5
    THE MEGA SMASH MINI SERIES IS BACK!! Years ago a mysterious creature called the Beyonder gathered the heroes and villains of the Marvel Universe for an epic called SECRET WARS. Now, finally, after decades of mystery, the TRUE origin of this powerful creature is revealed when the Illuminati try to stop the Beyonder from interfering with the Earth once more.

What powerful connection does the Beyonder's true origin have to one of the power players of the Illuminati? Another stunner from Bendis (NEW AVENGERS, MIGHTY AVENGERS) Reed (MS. MARVEL) and Jim Cheung (YOUNG AVENGERS)

View:
    New Avengers: Illuminati #3, Cover
    New Avengers: Illuminati #3, Page 1
    New Avengers: Illuminati #3, Page 2
    New Avengers: Illuminati #3, Page 3
    New Avengers: Illuminati #3, Page 4
    New Avengers: Illuminati #3, Page 5
    New Avengers: Illuminati #3, Page 10-11 (no text, from Comic Book Resources)
    New Avengers: Illuminati #3, Page 12 (no text, from Comic Book Resources)
    New Avengers: Illuminati #3, Page 14 (no text, from Comic Book Resources)

Source: PopCultureShock, Comic Book Resources

11. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
    SILENT WAR #5 (of 6)

Publisher:
    Marvel Comics
    Writers: David Hine
    Pencils: Frazer Irving
    Covers John Watson
    Inkers: Frazer Irving
    Colorist: Frazer Irving

"THE HERO", Part 5 of 6
    In the days of the Cold War, the nuclear powers put forward the theory that if two superpowers each possessed the firepower to obliterate the other, they would never go to war. This was known as Mutual Assured Destruction. MAD. Now, once again two great superpowers face one another. On one side, the Sentry. On the other, Black Bolt. Totally MAD.

View:
    Silent War #5, Cover
    Silent War #5, Page 1
    Silent War #5, Page 2
    Silent War #5, Page 3
    Silent War #5, Page 4
    Silent War #5, Page 5

SILVER SURFER: REQUIEM #1 (of 4)

Publisher:
    Marvel Comics
    Writers: J. Michael Straczynski
    Pencils: Esad Ribic
    Covers Esad Ribic
    Colorist: Esad Ribic

"KYRIE", Part 1 of 4
    The latest offering from the Marvel Knights line. Guest-starring the Fantastic Four!

For untold years Norrin Radd has surfed the galaxy, exploring the darkness between stars, witnessing the rise and fall of vast civilizations. Now his ride is about to come to an end. It starts with a small spot -- a blemish that will spread until he is no more. Until then, the Silver Surfer would undertake his final voyage -- to the one destination that has always eluded him. His journey starts where it began.

View:
    Silver Surfer: Requiem #1, Cover
    Silver Surfer: Requiem #1, Page 1
    Silver Surfer: Requiem #1, Page 2
    Silver Surfer: Requiem #1, Page 3
    Silver Surfer: Requiem #1, Page 4
    Silver Surfer: Requiem #1, Page 5
    Silver Surfer: Requiem #1, Page 13 (no text, from Newsarama)
    Silver Surfer: Requiem #1, Page 14-15 (no text, from Newsarama)
    Silver Surfer: Requiem #1, Page 17 (no text, from Newsarama)

Source: PopCultureShock, Newsarama

SPIDER-MAN: FAIRY TALES #1

Publisher:
    Marvel Comics
    Writers: C.B. Cebulski, David Sexton
    Pencils: Ricardo Tercio
    Covers Ricardo Tercio

In the tradition of X-Men Fairy Tales, Marvel makes its move on melding more modern myths, starting with Spider-Man! Our friendly neighborhood becomes a quaint village and Mary Jane fills the shoes of another famous red-head in this premiere issue as the tale of Little Red Riding Hood is retold with super hero sensibilities! Will Spider-Man be able to save her on her way to Aunt May's house? And just who is our Big Bad Wolf? Find out just how fun fairy tales can be... Marvel style!

View:
    Spider-Man: Fairy Tales #1, Cover
    Spider-Man: Fairy Tales #1, Page 1
    Spider-Man: Fairy Tales #1, Page 2
    Spider-Man: Fairy Tales #1, Page 7
    Spider-Man: Fairy Tales #1, Page 9
    Spider-Man: Fairy Tales #1, Page 11
    Spider-Man: Fairy Tales #1, Page 15

ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #42 (1 of 5)

Publisher:
    Marvel Comics
    Writers: Mike Carey
    Pencils: Pasqual Ferry
    Covers Pasqual Ferry
    Inkers: Pasqual Ferry
    Colorist: Justin Ponsor
    Letters: Randy Gentile

"SILVER SURFER", Part 1 of 5
    Reed Richards’ attempts to create a Cosmic Cube have caused him to pierce the barriers of a hundred universes. And falling through the opening into our unsuspecting reality is the keeper of the Power Cosmic—Ultimate Silver Surfer! ’Nuff said!

View:
    Ultimate Fantastic Four #42, Cover
    Ultimate Fantastic Four #42, Page 1
    Ultimate Fantastic Four #42, Page 2
    Ultimate Fantastic Four #42, Page 3
    Ultimate Fantastic Four #42, Page 4
    Ultimate Fantastic Four #42, Page 5

12. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
    WOLVERINE VOLUME 3 #54 (5 of 6)

Publisher:
    Marvel Comics
    Writers: Jeph Loeb
    Pencils: Simone Bianchi
    Covers Simone Bianchi
    Inkers: Simone Bianchi
    Letters: Richard Starkings

"EVOLUTION: WAKE THE DEAD", Part 5 of 6
    It's time for round five! Superstar Jeph Loeb (Batman: Hush) is joined by Young Guns Reloaded artist Simone Bianchi for the biggest, best and last battle between Wolverine and Sabretooth! Ever wonder why these two just can’t get along? The reason cuts deeper than you think, True Believer. Much deeper. And this time, one of them isn’t walking away.

View:
    Wolverine Volume 3 #54, Cover
    Wolverine Volume 3 #54, Page 1
    Wolverine Volume 3 #54, Page 2
    Wolverine Volume 3 #54, Page 3
    Wolverine Volume 3 #54, Page 4
    Wolverine Volume 3 #54, Page 5
    Wolverine Volume 3 #54, Page 6 (from Comic Book Resources)

Source: PopCultureShock, Comic Book Resources

WOLVERINE VOLUME 3 #54 BLACK AND WHITE VARIANT (5 of 6)

Publisher:
    Marvel Comics
    Writers: Jeph Loeb
    Pencils: Simone Bianchi
    Covers Simone Bianchi

"EVOLUTION: WAKE THE DEAD", Part 5 of 6
    It's time for round five! Superstar Jeph Loeb (Batman: Hush) is joined by Young Guns Reloaded artist Simone Bianchi for the biggest, best and last battle between Wolverine and Sabretooth! Ever wonder why these two just can’t get along? The reason cuts deeper than you think, True Believer. Much deeper. And this time, one of them isn’t walking away.

View:
    Wolverine Volume 3 #54 Black and White Variant, Cover
    Wolverine Volume 3 #54 Black and White Variant, Page 1
    Wolverine Volume 3 #54 Black and White Variant, Page 2
    Wolverine Volume 3 #54 Black and White Variant, Page 3
    Wolverine Volume 3 #54 Black and White Variant, Page 4
    Wolverine Volume 3 #54 Black and White Variant, Page 5
    Wolverine Volume 3 #54 Black and White Variant, Page 6

Source: Comic Book Resources

13. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    With the Silver Surfer turning up in UFF won't that cause a problem with the one who turned up in the Ultimate Galactus trilogy?

14. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
  15. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
    ACTION COMICS #850

Publisher:
    DC Comics
    Writers: Kurt Busiek, Fabian Nicieza, Geoff Johns
    Pencils: Renato Guedes
    Covers Renato Guedes
    Inkers: Jose Wilson Magakhaes
    Colorist: Renato Guedes
    Letters: Rob Leigh

"SUPERMAN: FAMILY"
    In this extra-sized special issue, writer Kurt Busiek reunites with artist Renato Guedes to visit the 31st Century and the Girl of Steel! Supergirl’s looking for a way to back from the future and to realize why Superman doesn’t want her to wear the “S” shield, but both Superman and Supergirl in for a big surprise when they see what the past has in store! With time-viewing sneak peaks at the upcoming year’s events!

View:
    Action Comics #850, Cover
    Action Comics #850, Page 1
    Action Comics #850, Page 2
    Action Comics #850, Page 3
    Action Comics #850, Page 4
    Action Comics #850, Page 5
    Action Comics #850, Page 6

AMAZONS ATTACK #2 (of 6)

Publisher:
    DC Comics
    Writers: Will Pfeifer
    Pencils: Pete Woods
    Covers Pete Woods

Part 2 of 6
    The heroes of the DCU join the battle as the miniseries event explodes!

When the Justice League and members of the Teen Titans arrive in Washington, it’s just the shot in the arm the U.S. military needs, and what was a one-sided affair becomes a devastating stalemate. But the war takes a terrifying turn as military strikes start occurring on the other side of the country, plunging the rest of the country into chaos. With the heroes’ attention split between the two coasts, the Amazons press forward with a daring assault, and it’s up to the heroes to save thousands of innocent lives!

Plus, don’t miss the AMAZONS ATTACK tie-ins in TEEN TITANS #47 and WONDER WOMAN #9, also this month!

View:
    Amazons Attack #2, Cover
    Amazons Attack #2, Page 1
    Amazons Attack #2, Page 2
    Amazons Attack #2, Page 3
    Amazons Attack #2, Page 4

TEEN TITANS VOLUME 3 #47

Publisher:
    DC Comics
    Writers: Adam Beechen
    Pencils: Chris Batista, Edwin Rosewell
    Covers Randy Gree

"OF CLOWNS AND CLONES"
    A Titan dies! Are Nightwing and Donna Troy the next targets?

View:
    Teen Titans Volume 3 #47, Cover
    Teen Titans Volume 3 #47, Page 1
    Teen Titans Volume 3 #47, Page 2
    Teen Titans Volume 3 #47, Page 3
    Teen Titans Volume 3 #47, Page 4

THE BOYS VOLUME 1: THE NAME OF THE GAME TP

Publisher:
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Writers: Garth Ennis
    Pencils: Darick Robertson
    Covers Darick Robertson
    Colorist: Tony Avina

DYNAMITE ENTERTAINMENT is proud to welcome Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson's The Boys as they present the first trade paperback collection of the comic book series everyone is talking about!! Collecting the first 6 issues of the controversial new series from PREACHER writer Garth Ennis and artist Darick Robertson (TRANSMETROPOLITAN)! Don't miss this dark, twisted look at superpowers, super - people, and the men and women who make sure the world's "heroes" never go too far. Also features an introduction from writer, actor and producer Simon Pegg, the creator and star of Shaun of the Dead, Spaced and Hot Fuzz!
    MATURE READERS

View:
    The Boys Volume 1: The Name of the Game TP, Cover
    The Boys Volume 1: The Name of the Game TP, Page 6
    The Boys Volume 1: The Name of the Game TP, Page 10
    The Boys Volume 1: The Name of the Game TP, Page 11
    The Boys Volume 1: The Name of the Game TP, Page 32
    The Boys Volume 1: The Name of the Game TP, Page 34 (from Comic Book Resources)
    The Boys Volume 1: The Name of the Game TP, Page 35 (from Comic Book Resources)
    The Boys Volume 1: The Name of the Game TP, Page 36 (from Comic Book Resources)
    The Boys Volume 1: The Name of the Game TP, Page 37 (from Comic Book Resources)
    The Boys Volume 1: The Name of the Game TP, Page 38 (from Comic Book Resources)
    The Boys Volume 1: The Name of the Game TP, Page 39 (from Comic Book Resources)
    The Boys Volume 1: The Name of the Game TP, Page 40 (from Comic Book Resources)
    The Boys Volume 1: The Name of the Game TP, Page 41 (from Comic Book Resources)
    The Boys Volume 1: The Name of the Game TP, Page 44
    The Boys Volume 1: The Name of the Game TP, Page 80
    The Boys Volume 1: The Name of the Game TP, Page 81
    The Boys Volume 1: The Name of the Game TP, Page 86
    The Boys Volume 1: The Name of the Game TP, Page 116 (from Newsarama)
    The Boys Volume 1: The Name of the Game TP, Page 117 (from Newsarama)
    The Boys Volume 1: The Name of the Game TP, Page 118 (from Newsarama)
    The Boys Volume 1: The Name of the Game TP, Page 119 (from Newsarama)
    The Boys Volume 1: The Name of the Game TP, Page 120 (from Newsarama)
    The Boys Volume 1: The Name of the Game TP, Page 122 (from Newsarama)

Source: Major Spoilers, Comic Book Resources, Newsarama

16. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
    ADRENALINE #4 (of 8)

Publisher:
    A Wave Blue World
    Writers: Tyler Chin-Tanner
    Pencils: James Boyle
    Covers: James Boyle
    Inkers: Fabio Redivo

"NEW DEPTHS", Part 4 of 8
    The race continues off the Gulf Coast of Mexico! Tensions boil to the surface as the two rival teams dive through hidden underwater caves to find the second prize. Alex and Saida reach new depths as they’re forced to make snap decisions while the lives of their teammates hang in the balance.

Note: Read all 3 previous issues free at A Wave Blue World.

View: (no text)
    Adrenaline #4, Cover
    Adrenaline #4, Page 1
    Adrenaline #4, Page 2
    Adrenaline #4, Page 3
    Adrenaline #4, Page 4

RAY HARRYHAUSEN PRESENTS: WRATH OF THE TITANS #1 (of 4)

Publisher:
    Blue Water Productions
    Writers: Darren G. Davis, Scott Davis
    Pencils: Nadir Balan
    Colorist: Joey Campos
    Letters: Christopher Studabaker

Part 1 of 4
    For years, the land of Argos has been at peace. The legendary hero Persues has taken the crown and guided the kingdom into a new era of prosperity and good fortune. And with the news that an heir has been born, puts the citizens in a celebratory mood. Yet lurking in the shadows are forces of hate and discontent that threaten to wreak havoc on Argos and destroy Perseus. Inspired by Ray Harryhausen's beloved masterwork, Clash of the Titans, Wrath of the Titans revisits the magical world of Ancient Greece where gods and myth are part of life's everday fabric, and heroes are forged by great and powerful events."

View:
    Ray Harryhausen Presents: Wrath of the Titans #1, Cover A
    Ray Harryhausen Presents: Wrath of the Titans #1, Cover B
    Ray Harryhausen Presents: Wrath of the Titans #1, Page 1
    Ray Harryhausen Presents: Wrath of the Titans #1, Page 2
    Ray Harryhausen Presents: Wrath of the Titans #1, Page 3
    Ray Harryhausen Presents: Wrath of the Titans #1, Page 4
    Ray Harryhausen Presents: Wrath of the Titans #1, Page 12 (no text)
    Ray Harryhausen Presents: Wrath of the Titans #1, Page 20 (no text)

THE BLACK DIAMOND DETECTIVE AGENCY TP

Publisher:
    First Second
    By: Eddie Campbell

Train Bombing strikes terror in the Heartland!

John Hardin is a desperate man.He is the sole suspect of the renowned Black Diamond Detective Agency, a private operation determined to solve the mystery and bring its perpetrator to justiceat any cost.Once a quiet Missouri corn farmer, Hardin now finds himself on the run in turn-of-the-century Chicago.

Adapted from a Wonderland Films screenplay and graced with vivid and striking art by Eddie Campbell, this tale delves deep into the American era when small farmers were the backbone of the country, graft was rampant, and railroads unfurled through western towns.

View:
    The Black Diamond Detective Agency TP, Cover
    The Black Diamond Detective Agency TP, Page 11
    The Black Diamond Detective Agency TP, Page 12
    The Black Diamond Detective Agency TP, Page 13
    The Black Diamond Detective Agency TP, Page 14

Purchse: Amazon.com | Amazon.ca