PREVIEW: Astonishing X-Men #12

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Primal, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Primal

Primal Veteran

News Credits:
    View:Source: Comic Book Resources

2. j3

j3 Hampton Yount is my Crow T. Robot TFW2005 Supporter

oh sweaty Kitty Pryde, why do you tease me so?

3. tapestry100

tapestry100 poke a badger w/a spoon TFW2005 Supporter

i love this book - i think it's the best x-book going right now and can't wait for issue #12 - i wonder how this new destruction of genosha will tie into the existing excalibur series (not that i'm /that/ intrigued - that series has never really held much interest for me)

#13 due early next year?!? - i know it will be worth the wait for the series to pick back up again in january, but really now, that's an awfully long time to wait, even for the sporadic releases of the series so far.

4. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Whedon needed some time off, so rather than doing filler issues, and with the current House of M storyline, it was the perfect time to put the book on hiatus for a few months.

5. tapestry100

tapestry100 poke a badger w/a spoon TFW2005 Supporter

makes sense - thanks for the info!

6. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It didn't. In fact, it completely ignored everything about Genosha that had been established in Excalibur. Namely the fact that nothing technological could remain functioning on the island (including trucks and power lines). It's something that's rather irksome to those of us who like our comic books to have continuity.

I'm glad the Dangerous arc is finally ending. While I really like Whedon and Cassady's work, this storyline was nowhere near as good as Gifted. The Danger Room coming alive as an adversary just doesn't work that well for me. Especially since I've been reading X-Men comics long enough to remember Cerebro doing the exact same bloody thing. I'm confident, however, that whatever comes next will be better.

7. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Gah, early next year...? Gah.

Oh, it makes perfect sense. It'll just be an X-less half year for me is all. :p