pretty stupid show

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by That_One:), Jan 24, 2011.

1. That_One:)

That_One:) Well-Known Member

loved the animation (for a tv series) loved the bots, but those damn kids ruined the entire thing for me.
    you have the 10-year-old nerdy kid who knows EVERYthing for real-life 10 y/o nerdy kids to relate to, you have the nerdy asian girl for nerdy asian girls to relate to, then the clueless emo teen who I guess is supposed to be a role model or something? the first few episodes weren't bad (except the last one was abit stupid) but MAN I really hate those kids

2. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    don't we all hate the human role in any series. except nest in the movies they are cool.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I wouldn't say that I'm a big fan of them, but they aren't as bad as I was expecting them to be. Jack is the worst of the three, imho. Raff being a no-it-all and instantly understanding Bumblebee's R2-D2 impression bothers me, but I see potential for him to be less annoying later on. Miko really doesn't bother me all that much. Probably helps that I grew up knowing someone like her.

4. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

I'm sorry that the show couldn't completely appeal to the fact that you haven't yet realized how big of a part humans have taken in the Transformers television shows and movies for the past, I don't know, 25 years. Calling a cartoon show out for common themes and characters that you can relate to is a lot like saying your bread is dumb because it has holes. And then putting some swiss cheese on that bread.

5. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    OP, I'm gonna give ya a piece of advice that others have given people that feel the same as you, because your argument is exactly like all of the haters of all of the other TF franchises.

So here it is, are ya ready for it? Are you paying attention? Is everyone getting this so far? IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, THEN DON'T WATCH IT.

It's that simple. If the kids are annoying you to the point that you have to make another topic about how they are making the show a pile of shit, then just don't watch it, it's a relative easy solution.

6. That_One:)

That_One:) Well-Known Member

Yes but the human characters of the G1 cartoon I felt were faaaar easier to relate to because they didn't try to rationalize them in such a cheesy and typical matter (and this coming from someone who's only RECENTLY been watching G1) hell, even the Bayformers human characters were 100% more interessting and less annoying than TFP

but then again, it was only 5 episodes. I'll give the series more of a chance before calling total BS on it

7. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

Nononononononononono.

That is "interesting"? Megan Fox is interesting? Pffft.

Funny, but I saw some kids that were, variously: afraid of what they were falling into, ignorant of the danger of this war, intrigued by the possibilities offered by alien contact, insensitive to the Autobots' plight and losses, moved by the emotions of these new beings, terrified by the situation they had gotten into, frustrated at their failure, and growing as people because of their new friends.

Miko Nakadai: Robots who get dizzy?
    Rafael 'Raf' Esquivel: Robots with emotions.
    Jack Darby: Robots... who can die.

Better dialogue and emotional content than anything in the films yet. LaBouf screaming "BUMBLEBEE!" and "OPTIMUS!" at the top of his lungs doesn't even compare.

And don't even get me started on Leo. He's "100% more interesting" than the kids in Prime? Yes, being tased in the nuts is just the height of character development.

- Coeloptera

8. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Go watch the season 2 episode "B.O.T" and I'm SURE you will find some of THE worst human supporting cast characters to ever be in a Transformers series.

9. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    The humans in the G1 cartoon were PAINFUL to watch most of the time. Stupid, poorly written and annoying. I wouldn't be able to "relate" to them unless I'd smashed my head into the wall until the brain fell out. The kids in Prime are infinitely more watchable, and their dialogue doesn't suck.
    Also.
    Prime is set on Earth. It is also a kids' show.
    Therefore, there are human kids in it. And it is stunningly obvious that those kids are going to be ones that kids who might watch the show can relate to.

10. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

i'm sorry, but Spike, Carly, Daniel, Sparkplug, Chip... these characters were all VERY one dimensional. I'd say Sparkplug was probably the more interesting human on the show, but the rest of them were essentially brain damaged. You know when Miko tried to hit that transformer with a rock? Well Spike has tried several times to fight transformers with his fists. You found hacking into the government network unbelievable? How about hacking into a transformer and INSTANTLY being able to control him, BETTER THAN THE TRANSFORMER CAN CONTROL HIMSELF.

Look, this topic has been done to death. "I hate the humans, they suck" but the it's simply a fact of transformers that if you include humans, they are going to interfere. Cause either the humans stand at base and do nothing (what's the point?) or they go out and do stuff, but then they distract from the transformers.

If you want a transformers show without humans, go watch beast wars... over and over.

11. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't get why everyone gets so pissy about the humans. IMO the "annoying humans" have been severely toned doned since Armada and some of the others. (Don't flame me telling me I'm wrong, it's just my opinion, you don't have to agree) The fact of the matter is, the Transformers are on EARTH, they're going to have some involvement with the humans, it's just going to happen. Compared to past annoying a-holes like Donny Finkleburg, Leo, Kicker, Rad and Daniel, the "Prime" humans are very tolerable.

12. MegaPaultron

MegaPaultron Well-Known Member

Flawed argument... utterly flawed..

13. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    C3PO said it best... "Here we go again."

14. silenth

silenth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I fookin hate it when a grown ass man like me can't relate to a CARTOON aimed at little kids. How do they expect me to relate to KIDDY characters. All Transformers shows should have kick ass adults so I can relate. I can't relate to these emo, nerdy, minority, children: bring back the white people. I fookin demand that Hasblo make changes now! I deserve to get what I want because I've been buying TF toys and watching the shows for the past 20 years.

15. Fez Findie

Fez Findie Well-Known Member

Well, be grateful those are not the worst archetypes they could base humans on.

Imagine if they based them on nitpickers who make bulls out of flies really often. ^^

Of course, the problem with that kind of a character would be that they'd be too focused on some minor little thing that they miss out on the big picture or all the action and really fail to get anywhere except going over the same things over and over again. =3

16. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Seriously? We only got 5 episodes, and you think TF: Prime is stupid and ruined... all on account of 3 human kids?

I'm sorry... no matter what, there's always going to be humans involved in the TF franchise... and there are some human characters that are WAY worse than Jack, Raff, and Miko combined.

One thing to keep in mind... the majority of the TF series are geared towards kids, so naturally the main human cast are going to be kids that the young audience can relate to, and to be better drawn into the story of the good Autobots battling the evil Decepticons through the eyes of the human cast.

Simply put: If you think that the series is ruined because of the human cast consists of kids, then don't watch it.

And pardon me for asking this, but... where are you getting the impression that Miko is a nerdy Asian girl and Jack is emo?

17. madhatprime

madhatprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    LMFAO....

I think that the target demographic range for this show is from 10-20 or so. It's dark, somewhat violent, and has teenagers instead of children for supporting characters. Its not a "bad" show. I like alot about it. I'm just tired of seeing the same formula over and over again. Gimme some Continuity goddamnit!

18. MythofBlackout

MythofBlackout TF Fan Artist

News Credits:
    Didn't you know? Any teenager who complains about anything, ever, is automatically emo because teenagers never have real problems to worry about.

Also, I agree 100%. The "Anti-human" bias in this fandom is getting a bit out of hand. Let's give this show a bit more time to see how the characters evolve before entirely condemning them.

19. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Would any of these shows be any better without the humans? I doubt it.

20. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    If you need something worse to compare with, just think of the Armada trio of kids. *Shudders* Seriously, the teens in Prime aren't even half as annoying as them, and I'm just grateful for it.

Very much in agreement with these thoughts. Jack, Miko and Raf offered a range of interesting, relatable and believable human emotions and reactions to meeting the Autobots: fear, fascination and excitement.