Pretty much all voice acting rumors are false

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by tehKOREANdude, Jun 19, 2009.

1. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude inimitable, original

News Credits:
    Watched the IMAX screening last night in LA, and I stayed after the credits to check a few things out. There were two brief scenes during the credits, but i did not stay during the whole run-o'-names.

Jolt does not ever speak. He is seen in robot mode twice. Once PO'd by the governments taking of Optimus, and once using his electro whips to magnetize Jetfire's parts to Optimus. ANTHONY ANDERSON is NOT JOLT!

Sideswipe has a pretty sick line in the beginning after killing Sideways. I'll let you guys find out. Now, I didn't catch the name, but I saw enough to come to the conclusion that JASON GRIFFITH is NOT SIDESWIPE!

Jetfire has a slight Scottish, heavy British accent as has some good lines such as "I'm too old for this crap" and "This is how they brought the pain in my days!" But JOHN TURTURRO is NOT JETFIRE. MARK RYAN (Bumblebee) IS!

Tom Kenny, first rumored to be the twins was in fact just Skids and Wheelie. The twins share some great dialougue, but sadly, there best fights are with eachother and not Decepticons. A great line was:
    MUDFLAP: Aww, man that hurt!
    SKIDS: It's supposed to hurt! It's an ass-whoopin!
    Regardless, TOM KENNY is NOT MUDFLAP. RENO WILSON (Frenzy) IS!

Arcee has like one line. Yeah, that's it. SUE BLU is NOT ARCEE(s).

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Ritesh_Prime

Ritesh_Prime THE PHIL!

News Credits:
    I swear Sue Blu is >_<

and Arcee has three lines >_<

3. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

Since you saw the Imax screening, what new footage was there? Any of Sideways turning to robot mode and Chromia shooting at him?

4. jadtdt

jadtdt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Most voice acting rumors probably come from IMDB, so that sounds about right.

5. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Uhh guys he never saw the normal version he won't know what's new.

6. Spyro

Spyro Banned

Actually, the scenes shot with an Imax camera will be larger than the normal scenes.

7. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Scenes shot with an IMAX camera are not necessarily the new footage. Many scenes in the Dark Knight were shot in IMAX, but were present no matter where you saw the film, just without the expanding effect, and I suspect the same is true for this film.

It's possible that all of the IMAX footage is present in both cuts, and the bonus IMAX footage is just normal footage cut from the regular release for time/pacing/whatever.

8. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    you won't be able to tell which are the longer extended fight scenes unless you watch both a few times

9. tehKOREANdude

News Credits:
    this is going off topic :) . anyways,

It's not Sue Blu. But the voice actress has a short name too!

as shroobmaster said, i didn't see the regular version, so i don't know. however, the scenes that were shot in imax were the forest shots, devastator shots, and a couple of shots of the fallen on the pyramid.

10. -Wreckage-

-Wreckage- I'm Not An Architect

News Credits:
    And can you prove all this? How do we know you went there? You could just be making this all up.

I'm not believing anyone is doing any of the voicing until I see it myself!

-W-

11. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Whoa, accidentally read that as RAINN Wilson at first.

12. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

How does Sideswipe sound? Young? Middle aged? Old? Have an accent?

13. jadtdt

jadtdt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man, don't be a jerk. Chris McFeely over on the News forum already confirmed everything he said. Unless you're going to treat him like a liar too?

14. tehKOREANdude

News Credits:
    wow, very skeptical. like a boy who was just told santa clause doesn't exist. don't understand why you don't believe me. what's the point in lying to you guys? regardless, you are entitled to your proof if it will satiate your hesitance to believe me.

anyways, here's a thread about how i got in to see an advanced screening of transformers. you can check the transformers revenge of the fallen facebook page or the paramount screening program page to confirm this contest. that thread caused so many problems.
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...1269-im-goin-see-transformers-2-tomorrow.html

here's another thread that backs up what i said http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...ual-proper-rotf-voice-cast-info-spoilers.html
    whether you believe him or not is your choice. you can do an investigation on your own time.

if you go to page 124 i believe on the official "i saw the movie" thread, you can read my two cents.

and if you'll have the heart to believe me at this point, here's an interesting tidbit about the cut i saw. don't comment about it here though or this thread will be closed!
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-movie-discussion/241665-close-thread-asap.html

15. tehKOREANdude

News Credits:
    sideswipe kinda has a booming, stereotypical hero voice. a little deep, but higher than ironhide. kinda the same grumble though. a very very slight accent. if you've seen the new tv spot 'sideswipe', he has a very awesome line that was ommitted from the last shot for the tv spot (him skidding to a halt)

16. -Wreckage-

-Wreckage- I'm Not An Architect

News Credits:
    What a ripoff. I hate when they lie like that.

I'm sorry I did not believe you. Maybe I should check my facts first next time...

Well, I had high hopes for John Tutoro as Jetfire...

17. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    who is voiceing devastator

18. tehKOREANdude

News Credits:
    devs only grunts and roars. while i didn't catch devastator during the credits, if anyone provided the voice for devs, i'd imagine that he'd be voiced by the master of animal voicings, frank welker.

19. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Maybe Jason Griffith is going to voice Sideswipe in the game, just like when they said Keith David was going to voice Barricade, but we found out that the voice was Jess Harnell and Keith actually voice the game Barricade. You think so?

20. tehKOREANdude

News Credits:
    possibly, seeing as how jason griffith has done many video game voices before.