Pretty damn cool looking.

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Malach Ra, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  2. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Yeah I saw this guys' Superion for the same 699.00 start bid price a week ago (that got ZERO bids). Thing that bothers me is that he'll remold the vehicle modes and have really nice combined form with pretty sweet paint BUT he doesn't remold the individual heads. All his aerialbots looked like Starscream. This one is better I'd say but Blast-Off still says Astrotrain to me and his starting bids don't really allow for a lot of real bidding

I kind of feel like people would be reluctant to be the first bidder on a start of $699 but if this thing had say 25 or more bids that got the price up to $699 it would show people that it's in higher demand and that others think it is a quality product

3. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    with that said, it looks great in bruticus mode, but theres no way I would spend that kinda cash on this. I mean come on, he's no frenzy rumble. and if frenzy rumble will do one of the combaticons, I would expect it to blow this out of the water and certainly demand a high price tag.

alot.

4. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    I don't think it's a much worse if not pretty much on par with F_R really. I actually had the same comment about his Menasor, he went with the DW/toy look for the heads but they just said Sunstreaker and Prowl to me the whole way. I know others disagree but I'll stick with cartoon accuracy for certain head/face choices. I'm also pretty sure F_R started his bidding lower or he just had a huge audience watching his progress that built up the momentum for his sale. He's(F_R) definitely doing things the right way and I'm jealous he does this for a living

Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
  5. Da_Last_2_Walk

Da_Last_2_Walk Da King Of Pre Rubs TFW2005 Supporter

:lol  :lol  :lol 

6. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Oh you :D  I think he's laughing because there's no word such word as 'alot' it's 'a lot' two words, very common mistake. Not sure if you (Malach Ra) went back and read my post where I quoted you using it like 4 times in the KO seller thread

7. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    Resisting urge to explain... :wink: 

8. Da_Last_2_Walk

Yes, it's Da King!

Malach & MG know why I'm laughing! :lol 

9. Da_Last_2_Walk

I'm with ya! :lol 

10. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    please Lucs.... I wouldn't put something of this quality on any auction. These rip off fly-by-nighter TF "customizers" doing this strictly to make a buck will flee from the scene as quickly as they appear. Especially once buyers return proper feedback.

This dude's customs look like my WIPs at 50%. I am not saying he sucks, but just about 100 clicks under the bar I try to set for myself when publicly selling/auctioning my art.

Sorry to sound harsh, but these spin-off customs I've seen lately from no-name people chicken to even post q/a's on their auctions just pisses me off a little...

And as far as "cartoon accuracy"....F that. If I wanted cartoon accurate, I'd bust out my crappy G1 box and repaint those. I'd like to think my take on any custom is a bit more modern, whether it's a dead on recreation, or just resembles it's counterpart/

11. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    2 things that i like...the redo of nemesis prime into Onslaught...and that BFG creation with the ammo belt...other wise .....way too over priced piece of FAIL!...

brawl as megatron=fail.
    classics astrotrain as blastoff=fail....
    vortex is passable since the colors are nearly dead on alt mode wise anyway...

12. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    Amen to those FAILS.
    A space shuttle no matter how you put it, should DWARF all the other vehicles, even if aiming miles away from being realistically scaled. An attack copter the same size as a jeep (which is the same size as a TANK, which is also the same size as an whateverthehell onslaught is) = major fail also.

This kind of thinking takes these customs to the next level, not just trying to get them done cause they were easy and look pretty.

You'll see on my Defensor, although many people recommended other copters and/or motorcycles, I tried staying to scale and have a motorcycle much smaller than a gigantic rescue copter,..

13. aurascope

aurascope Kitbash Resource Indexer

Ebay:
    the scale is all relative anyway,
    who's to say there can't be a space shuttle that only carries one passenger?
    or a one passenger only tank?
    or a motorcycle meant for carrying other robots inspired by human bikes?

these are already transforming robots!

14. Kupp

Kupp Ford Fanboy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    in Transformers the Movie, the Junkion attack sequence comes to mind.

15. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Not bad at all - at least there isn't a ton of extra parts to hook everything together, or maybe there is, I can't really tell.

I don't care for his vortex choice, though - I hate that mold. And yeah, the heads at least need to be redone. Not worth $700.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  16. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    a mini-space shuttle and mini-tank? blah, he should be more creative and make them to scale.

17. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    I'll be impressed the day someone comes up with an original mold that is fully integrated with no spare parts lying around. Right now, I only see 5 unrelated bots connected with a bunch of parts taken from a bunch of junkers.

18. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    I hope to be that guy. in time, in time...
    From what I recall, Wikkid's MP Bruticus has very limited "extra" parts.

19. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    "Scale" wasn't much of an option until Bay did TFTM. Before that, everything seemed to mass shift in some way. I don't think anyone should really knock a decision to go with a smaller tank or whatever--I mean, it honestly sticks to what was done before in G1. All limbs remained a certain size, regardless of what the alt modes were on each one. In the end, it still looks cool (though still a bit lacking, as we've all mentioned).

But to knock someone on their inability to stick to "scale" when your upcoming Defensor is a little off in "scale", is pretty funny, F_R. No offense or anything--your Defensor looks great and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing it, but your motorcycle is a bit large compared to say a helicopter and even the police car or ambulance. Again, I'm not attacking or anything, I'm just merely pointing out that you also have this scale issue.....maybe not as bad, but it's still there. When all is said and done though, I still believe your Defensor will look awesome--and I could honestly care less about the scale issue on something like this. Let this guy worry about what he wants to create, sell, trash, burn, whatever. It's his toys, his artwork, and his life. Who are we to judge his true motivation for selling? (some people need to sell things like this for a living..........just as you mentioned in your first post of this thread). Anyway, how 'bout we all just 'bash because we love it........and not because we love to find fault in everything that isn't our own.

20. silenth

silenth Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Amen.

Besides its the creator's personal interpretation.

I do understand the frustration the Rdicons feel about fly by night customizers who dont quite do it right. These fly by nighters lack the passion of TF fans. And it also kinda cheapens the art. We have Radicons who put their heart and soul to their creations and then the fly by nighters who just copy and paste.

Im not reffering to this seller perse, but fly by nighters in general.