Customs: Pretenders

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by shinobi77, Mar 26, 2011.

1. shinobi77

shinobi77 Fatbastard

Ebay:
    Okay, so a few of the guys here have done some OUTSTANDING Pretenders. I'm thinking of Aprim's Skullgrin and Shinobitron's Roadgrabber off the top of my head.

Now what would be a good way about doing this. Without revealing too much, I have three ways to do this I think.

One way is to go about this kinda PCC style, where the shell plugs into the arms and legs and the "Inner Bot" is the central torso, wearing the parts like extensions. (Kinda like the City Commander armor)

or

another way is to fold him up Powermaster Prime style, and he just becomes the chest and head area,

or

Go with Aprim's backpack style like on Skullgrin, which could allow for multiple transformation mode's, problem is, the "inner" bot would kinda stick out like a sore thumb to a point.

Any thoughts or ideas would be helpful.

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I really enjoy the route aprim has been going about these. I think his work really captures the essence of the gimmick as well as updating it in a refreshing way at the same time.

I also like the IDW idea of "mech suits".

Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
  3. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Agreed with SQ, but the PCC idea kind of appeals, too...
    I think it partially depends on which Pretender you want to do, and what you want to make it from; that'll help determine how you tackle it.