Heavy/Scratch: Pretender Skullgrin (update regularly)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by shadeozero, Mar 13, 2012.

1. shadeozero

shadeozero Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Ok so Here is my Wip pics on what I have sculpted so far more pics will come later today as I'm gonna be working on him again. (Only get to work when I have some free time) He is currently the only one I'm working on as the post office is being really slow and I accidently broke my wip chromedomes ball joint and now I gotta look for a new one. also this link is like the index to all my wip pretenders and more links will appear as I start working on them :D  .
    (Index)http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/561748-another-wip-decepticon-pretenders.html

Again credit goes to "aprim" for his awsome work, but I thought I would change mine up a bit. These are the two pics I am working off of for now.
    [​IMG] (cartoon-right)
    [​IMG] (g1 figure)
    [​IMG]
    I decided that as I was working on him his name is "skullgrin" so I wanted to add as much bone to him as I could without making him un-reckonizable as the g1 character. I started by giving him the skull on his belt ,still have to work on that some more, then I gave him bone shoulders and bone spikes coming out of his knuckles.
    [​IMG]
    His shin guard was a black plate of armor now I replace it with a giant skull with a horn now it doesnt come out too well out of my camera unfortunatle but I detailed the @%!#@% out of the bone it acutally looks like bone. I might sculpt some teeth on it still debating on it. You guys think I should paint it that greyish black color or leave it a bone color and paint the rest of the shin that greyish black color?
    [​IMG]
    Finally gave him a spine that is really detailed, have to sand it so it blends well, thinking about giving him a ribcage coming out of his chest and just gonna sculpt some more and work on the bot more pics will come today hopefully. God I hate my camera need to get new one so I can show off my work fully because not all of the detail comes out. :( 
    But yea Let me know what you guys think.
    Update: should I sculpt the head or just order a junker and use that? I think I might sculpt because it might be to small

Attached Files:

2. shadeozero

Ebay:
    Update#1
    [​IMG]
    Sculpted other shoulder added bone to neck area added more to belt
    He will be done tommorow sculpting and primed wise
    [​IMG]
    Started robot fig. gave him double barreled cannons that can peg onto his arms and his treads in tank mode and tri barreled guns (might glue them into place for aesthetic purposes) that currently peg into hole on his shoulder and stay thier in tank mode. Gonna sculpt some sort of cockpit to fill the gap of were you used to put wfc megs cannon in tank mode.

3. Fiskone

Fiskone Aerosol Artist

Wow lookin good so far I cant wait to see this finished.

4. warhawk

warhawk Well-Known Member

Lookin' good so far.

5. Transfan327

Transfan327 customizing amature

neat! never heard of the charactor, but what you've done so far is pretty cool. keep it up.

6. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are you planning on making the robot as well, or just the shell? Also, how do you plan on the two of them interacting (making it a true shell, or attaching)?

7. shadeozero

Ebay:
    Yea am making the robot as well have a spare wfc megatron that im using, if i screw up have to get another one but yea, unfortunately i cant make it a true shell or else the base fig loses all of articulation but it is gonna attach in way that make it look like its part of back it will be "inserted" in back, sculpted some more letting it dry will post pics soon. New update check it out.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  8. shadeozero

Ebay:
    Btw whe I get the junker skullgrin with robot any1 got any ideas of how to get the robot head from g1 fig on to wfc neck? was thinking i might just glue it and let it stay stationary or might use magnet. Suggestions?

9. Spyne98

Spyne98 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's awesome!

10. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    Pretty cool.:) 

11. shadeozero

Ebay:
    oKAY FULLY sculpted and just primed waitng on the the g1 fig, my camera died again -_-"
    now just gotta wait for snail mail...Yay! lolz

12. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Yep, this is shaping up very well! :thumb 

13. shadeozero

Ebay:
    sorry haven't updated in while but have been bed ridden and just ill will post some updates soon

14. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    Take your time. Take your time.

15. Stormvapor

Stormvapor Well-Known Member

this looks like something great!

16. Bruticus82

Bruticus82 Well-Known Member

Very nice! Those boney details look great! Are the shoulder pads skulls too? You should make them like dinosaur or "monster" type skulls - that way you can add even more spikes to them. It would also make it look more like he has been here on earth for millions of years, which I believe is his backstory in Victory...

17. shadeozero

Ebay:
    To evry1 who has been following customs, sorry I've had no time to update because of a cosplay I'm working on and its for a con at the end of the month.

18. Long_Haul

Long_Haul N*ggacon

This is looking nice so far. Keep it coming man, We need more pretender customs in here. Bravo.

Hmmmm, i have a extra Abomination just lying here. :D 

19. shadeozero

Ebay: