Heavy/Scratch: Pretender Classics Dinobots volume 1 (WIP)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by TF Hunter D, Mar 13, 2010.

1. TF Hunter D

TF Hunter D Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Please note: These figures have been on my to-do list for the longest time, but I didn't get the chance to "finish" them until last fall. Parts were a major factor in the delay (hell, the Snarl Stego head took me a few years to find, let alone trying to figure out what to use for the connector). As with my other figures, there aren't any Pretender shells, I mainly call them Pretender classics to separate from Universe Classics.

Normally I was reluctant showing these pics after my photo session showed all the painting mishaps, but I'll tweek them up when I start customizing again this spring. I wanted to give Pretender Grimlock some troops to lead and having 2 KO Terrorcons in my custom fodder collection, they seemed right for turning into Dinobots.

Pretender Swoop was done from Cutthroat, a head from a KO BW Lazorbeak, arms from one of those Build Tiger figures, a resculpted head made from QuikPlastic, and some slight retooling and added kibble.

Pretender Snarl came from Rippersnapper flipped upside-down, arms from KO Pretender Grimlock, dino humps from Robo-Dino Stegosaurus, tail from KO Hun-Grrr, some gun kibble, and a bit of a Lego post, head from Action Master Snarl, and upper legs from K'nex pieces. Dino head came from another Stego Transformer, with the attachment from a Robo-insect arm.

As for what I want to do to finish them up, Swoop just need a tweek with his neck and some better paint apps. As for Snarl, I am not happy with the AM head. I need a G1 Snarl head and re-tweeking of the dino head attachment, as well as better paint apps. My painting isn't the best, being that my hands aren't very steady and the red touch-up pen doesn't match the spray paint I use:redface2: 

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. TF Hunter D

Ebay:
    BTW, does anyone have an extra G1 Snarl head ?

3. eisen

eisen "CUT ME SOME SLACKS!"

really nice kitbashes, pretty cool at such a small scale :thumb 

4. fateastray

fateastray AnakRepublikMalukuSelatan

If you don't mind me saying this, but: These are just too cute!

5. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    nice, you matched the pretender styling perfectly

6. Dischord

Dischord Empyricon

Ebay:
    Interesting idea. I see that you intend them to be Dinobots. Only Grimlock has traditionally been a Pretender. Why not make them into the all-Pretender Dinoforce instead? It would, of course, mean making three more.

Either way, I like them.

7. spoonman

spoonman Kitbasher extrordinaire!

Wow! These look like long lost, never was prototypes! They really fit in well with the original designs.

8. TF Hunter D

Ebay:
    Don't worry. I got plans for Slag and Sludge. I just had the parts to make these 2 for the time being.

9. TF Hunter D

Ebay:
    Thanx, everybody for the comments. I'll try to get the tweeks done sometime soon.