Press Release: Transformers The Game Released At Retail

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Joe Moore, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    THE BATTLE FOR EARTH BEGINS AS TRANSFORMERS: THE GAME ROLLS OUT TO RETAIL STORES TODAY

Gamers Control the Outcome of the Planet as They Choose to Protect it as AUTOBOTS or Destroy it as DECEPTICONS

Santa Monica, CA – June 26, 2007 – The fate of the world is in gamers’ hands with the announcement that TRANSFORMERS: The Game from Activision, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI), under license from HPG, the licensing division of Hasbro, Inc. has shipped to retail stores nationwide. Timed to the highly anticipated theatrical release of the “TRANSFORMERS” live-action feature film from DreamWorks Pictures and Paramount Pictures, the game allows players to experience the unstoppable power and massive scale of the AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS in an epic battle for Earth.

TRANSFORMERS: The Game lets you choose your side – Autobots or Decepticons – to either protect or destroy Earth,” said Will Kassoy, senior vice president of global brand management, Activision, Inc. “The game features fully destructible environments, an army of playable characters, split second changes from robot to vehicle form and a storyline that goes beyond the film to include some elements from the property’s long history that will also appeal to Generation 1 fans.”

“The Activision team has done an outstanding job of replicating the live-action movie scale and realism into TRANSFORMERS: The Game,” said Jeff Burdeen, Vice President of Digital Media for HPG. “Across the current and next-generation platforms, gamers will have an awesome TRANSFORMERS experience from the amazing vehicle-to-robot changes to the heart-pounding action.”

In TRANSFORMERS: The Game for the consoles and PC, players are presented with dual campaigns as they choose from an unprecedented line-up of characters including OPTIMUS PRIME, MEGATRON, IRONHIDE, STARSCREAM, BUMBLEBEE and more. Gamers must master each character’s unique weapons, moves and instantaneous conversions from robot to vehicle mode as they rampage through fully interactive and destructible environments in their quest to protect or destroy Earth.

The Nintendo DS™ offers two completely different games, TRANSFORMERS: AUTOBOTS and TRANSFORMERS: DECEPTICONS. Both titles enable players to engage in the “AllSpark Wars” through Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection where they must help their side win the global conflict between AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS via daily challenge missions and global player stats comparisons. Each Nintendo DS game features 20 unique story missions plus more than 20 challenge missions as well as local wireless multiplayer modes for up to four players.

The PSP® (PlayStation® Portable) system version of TRANSFORMERS: The Game features more than 20 playable TRANSFORMERS characters with three combat modes and 19 story-based missions that have players playing both AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS as they progress through the game. In addition, gamers can battle in four-player Ad Hoc wireless competitions including Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Ascension Rites (king of the hill) and Secure the Energon (capture the flag), in more than 10 multiplayer arenas.

TRANSFORMERS: The Game was developed by Traveller’s Tales for the Xbox 360™ video game system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, Wii™ home video game system from Nintendo, PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and PC, and is rated “T” (Teen) by the ESRB. The PSP system version was developed by Savage Entertainment and is currently rated “E 10+” (Everyone 10 and older – Violence) by the ESRB. Two unique games for Nintendo DS, TRANSFORMERS: AUTOBOTS and TRANSFORMERS: DECEPTICONS, were developed by Vicarious Visions and are rated “E 10+” (Everyone 10 and older - Violence) by the ESRB. For more information about the game, visit http://www.transformersgame.com/.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TFW2005 will have reviews for each game as soon as we can. Check out our extensive gallery of the various Transformers Games by Clicking Here.

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    So does this mean I should be able to go to the store today and pick it up, or did it merely ship out to stores?

3. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sweet. I'll check out Gamestop today.

4. RiotEoS

RiotEoS New Member

I have already gone to Gamestop here in Massachusetts and purchaed the game. I got the last unreserved copy in the store... so it's out there!! Happy hunting!

5. Subspace1011

Subspace1011 Lost in a planet of junk

It's out now. Just picked up the Wii version this morning at my local Best Buy in Wilmington, DE. I did have to ask for it though. It wasn't on the shelves yet.

6. Turnpike

Turnpike Brawl is my bee-otch

Let us now how the console versions are! I'm really interested in getting the 360 version... But have to wait until the 17th until they're out in my country. :C

7. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Anyone spot the PC version yet?

8. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

I had mine reserved and they told me it wouldnt be int until tomorrow or the next day. SCREW YOU GAME STOP

9. Joe Moore

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I believe it is a Target online exclusive.

10. Galvatron397

Galvatron397 Official TFW Omni-Geek

Yeah, same here, I checked and they say it's gonna' be out tommorrow. Lame. :redface2: 

11. Lio Convoy75

Lio Convoy75 Well-Known Member

Best Buy here in Toronto has it listed as in transit, and the EB games guy said that it should be on the shelf by tomorrow. For you guys that picked it up, feel free to give out some reviews and initial impressions!

12. KanedaX

KanedaX Twitchy Triggerbot

Ebay:
    Have there been any reviews posted yet? I have a Wii, a PS2, and a DS, and I'm trying to decide which version I want to get.

13. Razorwing

Razorwing The Fallen Alternity.

News Credits:
    LAME! it should be here by today! >.< I want my CE.. :( ....

14. Joe Moore

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    No reviews anywhere yet. They didn't ship out an early review copies, so all reviewers had/have to wait for the official releases.

15. fastballspecial

fastballspecial SAY SOMETHIN'!

News Credits:
    I picked mine up before work and got about 30 minutes of playing in.

I give it an 8/10 so far... I threw Swindle into a house!

16. lonefoxx

lonefoxx Well-Known Member

Purchased my copy today from Gamestop and got the Cybertron Edition.

This was after I went to Best Buy who said they won't be selling it until tomorrow. Also, Circuit City isn't selling it until tomorrow and I think Target is letting it go as late as Thursday.

17. Rocker22

Rocker22 Well-Known Member

Game is pretty good.

18. MinionOfNodd

MinionOfNodd Devourer of jerky.

I'll definitely be picking up the game for PS2 some time. Does it follow the storyline of the movie... as in should I not play it until I've seen the movie to avoid spoilers? :sly: 

If it won't ruin anything in the movie, then I'll pick up a copy sooner than later.

19. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I learned with Oblivion that EB games and such stores are the place to get games the soonest. Target, Best Buy, Circuit City all take longer to put it out.

I pre-ordered from Eb and got my confirmation call last night it would be available today. 8 more hours of work before I can pick it up though. I sometimes wish I was irresponsible like my co-workers and could just fake sick. :D 

20. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's lame, Gamestop better not give me that shit or I will go to best buy and pull my money out of the GS one, especially if Aeris called me to tell me that it would be out today. Aeris better had not been lying or I will sick Sephiroth on her again....

You know that's why he killed her right? Because she was giving people false hope on game releases.