Heavy/Scratch: Prepare for Devastation

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Megatron31, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Update 8/24/10 i took a small break from my individuals to focus on the big guy him self and a huge thanks i must give to cashenova for designing this (even though not exclusively for me or anything). but i descided it was time to do a little painting of the Devastators head and face krylon black model master panzar grey and testors silver is what was used

i know its not much of an update but i ahve been busy building my individual constructicons. if you havent seen this thread before most of the form below will likely change thanks for looking

update 7/9/10

chestplate is on! and trying to figure out which crane works better. mixmaster is about finished jsut working on the fine details at this point the major stuff is done. once mixmaster is finished i will start focusing on either doing a better scavenger or jsut getting devastator as a whole (getting a head some better hands working on teh forearms and stiffining some of teh joints.

thanks for looking guys

UPDATE pics on post 18

been working on getting parts and such for about a month now. and finally have something to show for it. longhauls cap is just kinds setting on there in the pics i havent figured out just yet how to make it stay but hooks part is connected really well.

and im not sure if i am going to use all of teh intelligence warriior limbs or not but i really want to use scrapper instead of landmine and mixmaster but we will see

this is my first run in with styrene and i didnt do anything to crazy ball joints for the upper chest were taken from rotf blades (i hate that mold so i was more than willing to break him)

but i am pretty happy with the poseability i got from it and a shot of hot rod for size comparison.

let me know what you guys think and any suggestions you guys might have (ie who to use for a head and forearms and hands)

thanks for looking

Attached Files:

2. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

looking really good man. action master? love the forearms and hands

3. Megatron31

Ebay:
    the arms are from the KO devastator (intelligence warriow) and the lower waist is the dump truck from the landfill team.

4. coinilius

coinilius Well-Known Member

You really have to use the Bonecrusher, IMO, as it would be a nice change from all the Build Boy's out there :D 

5. Bern

Bern Pathetic fools!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Interesting approach, would love to see how this turns out!

6. Bruticus82

Bruticus82 Well-Known Member

Looks good so far.

What thickness styrene are you working with there?

7. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    the intelligence warrior kit is sturdier and larger than i thought it would be. :D  where you gonna stick dev's head?

You know im doing something similar so i cant give too many suggestions, but i went with the traditional landfill players for everyone except hook (who im working on at the moment) and long haul.

ill post it soon though, i need a day or two for some glue on some ball joints to dry. what are thinking for his head and knees?

8. Megatron31

Ebay:
    thickness is .100mm i think i could have gone thinner but ohwell

not sure on the knees or head yet though about using the crazy devy head but not sure how it would look (it maybe to small)

i really thinking about taking the legs from the crane of the landfill team turning them upside down and using the knee to connect to the intelligence warrior legs, just not sure how to do it yet

9. uuser

uuser Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This is very interesting custom. I have seen this KO devastator before. I am glad you turn it into something like this. Awesome!!

10. Megatron31

Ebay:
    Update

it has LEGS hahahaha but i dont know if this will be the actual way i got or not. mixmaster needs some thickening on the knee and it attatches with ball joints but they face the inside of the knee which makes him very unstable (granted he is on glass and a dust covered cutting board)

ON TO THE PICS and as always a deluxe for scale

Attached Files:

11. Bern

Bern Pathetic fools!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Whoa awesome, he's huge!

12. Megatron31

Ebay:
    yeah its large and in charge! what do you guys think is it 2 skinny and will the crazy devy head be 2 small? what is a good one to use?

13. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    I'm probably going with CD hands but my head is being commissioned. Seeing as the original maker used the G1 head, I'd say it's okay but you've made a lot of changes and it might be too small. Have you tried a supreme starscream head or the dev head that Pitvite makes?

14. Megatron31

Ebay:
    i wanted something that looked really g1 which is why i was after the cd head havent seen pitvites got pics?

15. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    i have one of these although i never used it. great quality, very G1 if you think it will fit.

i was going to suggest something else for the knees/thigh there, a ball joint probably isnt ideal on such a low, weight-bearing place on the fig.
    but i need to look at the intelligence warrior kit's knees and ill get back to you there.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/212001-ptitvites-casting-corner.html

[​IMG]

16. Megatron31

Ebay:
    yeah it was just soemthing i did really quick to get a feel. i like the poseablity it gave me but the weak point is taht the open side of the balljoint is on the inside of the knee and it wants to give pretty easy. i would like to use the knee join that is in the legs from the red crane that everyone uses for this build and its in the right place for me to use it but connecting it is a difference story and it will loose quite a bit of its poseability but it cant hold anyting real dynamic because of its own massiveness

not sure how i feel about that head though

17. jcartwork

jcartwork Well-Known Member

Wow looks good highly anticipation in this project cool love it

18. Megatron31

Ebay:
    update
    had some more time to work on the details of this mammoth i went back and redid the knees with stronger joints (more stable) sacrificed a little bit of poseablity though but he isnt stable enough for that yet but very close.

also did the crotch plate gave him a lot more beef and mad him not so skinny to me.

next up is the feet, for stability they need something added to the bottom. although i may end up doing a custom mix master of my own but i want something more g1 where the cab becomes the feet in robotmode. then will bult up the knee connnectors and continue to work my way up to the head

still stuck on hands and head waiting to see how deacalpa's turns out and i need to find a g1 chestplate. anyway thanks for looking guys let me know what you think

Attached Files:

19. Megatron31

Ebay:
    update time

took some time away from the whole to work on the parts and one of the parts is getting close so i put it all back together to get a feel for how its going

mixmaster completey built from scratch and more g1 acurate (close anyway)
    and no parts forming this is still a work in progress but the new foot gives him so much more stability its awesome. im pretty stoked about this build again my chest plate should be here in the next couple of days and i will put up another update then

thanks for looking

Attached Files:

20. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Love it! ESPECIALLY the mid-torso joint. The Devastator I'm working has a joint there too, and I think it makes a HUGE difference in terms of the posing ability of the figure! Rock on!

zmog