Heavy/Scratch: Prepare for Devastation... Does Not COMPUTE!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by fisch, Oct 20, 2010.

1. fisch

fisch In a room...WITH A MOOSE!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is my first attempt at a custom....COMPUTRON. He is still a W.I.P. of course, just wanted to share my creation since I got him uprighted today. I already have a BFG for him, but still need to change heads, and do paint apps; although I am no FrenzyRumble or Spurt Reynolds or any other Billy-Bad-Ass Radicon painter.

Full Gestalt:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nosecone:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lightspeed:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Strafe:
    [​IMG]

Technobots:
    [​IMG]

Feedback, criticisms, comments are always appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Soundwave_FSD

Soundwave_FSD Yoda in a track suit...

Looks good, nice job keeping the kibble down.

3. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    WOW smart use of the upright position for Armada Jetfire so that hands become shoulders :D 

4. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You could attach those primus arms to the wings of jetfire in shuttle mode to make awesome boosters do it :D  real cool cutom tho man

5. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    btw you should use the Jetfire shield as chestplate...
    I'm using that part for a future Bruticus or Superion ;) 

6. the_last_toltek

the_last_toltek technobot

Ebay:
    total love the vehicles you've chosen!

7. fisch

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for the comments guys.

As for the chest piece from Jetfire, it is way too small, so I decided to use it as an arm shield. I was actually thinking of using the OG Computron chestpiece and attaching it with magnets.

8. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

I'm sorry. I'm going to give you an honest opinion. He looks like a little kid wearing oversized clothes. The other vehicles you've chosen are too big to go with Jetfire. Don't get me wrong. I like the idea and you made them combine very nicely. I just think you should use smaller limbs and also find a way to have jetfire with his arms down. Right now he looks like his head is in his chest.

9. Destructicon 1

Destructicon 1 Original Gestalt

I completey agree! Attach the extra kibble to jetfire. My only thing is not that the arm bots r 2 big, but maybe lower them some so they aren't so far above computrons head. Mabe try some smaller forearms other than the primus ones. It still looks very promising though man. As long as your happy with it everything's great! Keep up the good work man!

10. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Cool concept... I'm liking where you're going with it!

I agree with the earlier comment that the proportions are just a little off. It's tough because you're using such large limbs in relation to the body, even with Armada Jetfire as the core. However, I LIKE the choices you've made for the limbs, for the most part...

However, I have a couple of suggestions, since you're still at an early stage... I hope it doesn't come across as too forward...

- Dump the ROTF bike as Afterburner. It totally clashes with both the scale and the style of all the other limbs completely. It's helpful to remember that Afterburner was never really a motorcycle, but actually some kind of futuristic 2-wheeled assault vehicle. If you look at the original toy, you'll notice that the front end is actually a cockpit, not handlebars.

- Very soon, as part of the Iron Man Crossovers series, Hasbro should be releasing an Iron Man/War Machine 2-pack combiner. You can see it here:
    Iron Man (Motorbike, Combiner) - Transformers Crossovers - Transformers Resources
    The Iron Man transforms into a trike-like futuristic vehicle that is VERY similar to Afterburner, and should match very well with the style and proportions of your other Crossover limbs! I think you should wait and use that one!

- The Primus forearms are pretty huge... considering the proportions, I suggest removing them, and instead experimenting with the upcoming Iron Man trike figure, and the mold you've chosen for Strafe to see if you can actually get functioning arm-modes out of them (probably by using the waist as the bicep, and the legs for the forearm). That way you will only have to add hands, and the arms will be a little bit less oversized.

Just some ideas... hope they help! Can't wait to see how it all turns out! :D 

zmog

11. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i agree with smog on getting rid of the rotf bike, never knew about the ironman one, that looks like it would fit right in, i like where you're going with this though, keep it up

12. fisch

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ideas/ constructive criticism are always appreciated!

I agree about the limbs, the proportions are a tad bit odd/off. I felt it would work after referring to how FansProject did their Superion Appendage kit with the height of the limbs over the head. Using your suggestion, I think I might need to trim down the Primus arms a bit and it might make them flow better, I will just lose the little bit of articulation they had without completely overhauling them.
    Any other recommendations for forearm options?

I am really at a loss over Afterburner as well. I used Chromia based on the shear fact she had a wheel behind her head in bot mode. I was thinking about using the Ironman trike whenever it becomes available, yet it is still in limbo of being released at all. Sadly we are limited with the amout of cycle-formers available. Many have used Cybertron Ransack, but I felt he was just too small of a bot, but might help with the arm size as well. I mulled over Armada Sidways, FAB Arcee, and even a Robotech Cycle too.

Thanks Brr!

13. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I hear ya about the lack of larger-size motorcycle TFs... especially one that doesn't necessarily look like a motorcycle, or isn't too Bayformer-esque. Also, I wasn't sure about when that Iron Man 2-pack was going to show up either.

There are a couple of other options... there's an oversized Ransack knock-off that used to be sold by Chimungmung's site. It's even molded in orange! It's out of stock now, though so who knows when (or if) it'll become available again.

You could also get creative, and try building an Afterburner out of an existing figure. Finding some very wide fat wheels on another toy, you might be able to attach them to another figure to create something. I'm thinking that maybe something like the Marvel Crossovers 2-pack Spider Copter might be a good candidate. It already has a canopy that recalls the front end of Afterburner. Some spare wheel parts and a bit of innovation, and you could have a unique and awesome Afterburner to match the rest of your team!

zmog