PREORDERS OPEN Comic Ink "G2 Ramjet"

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Dragonclaw, Feb 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    Yeah, as much as I wish I could release it, we just can't. I never even took in any inventory to distribute.

2. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    In reality I'm just one of many banhammers Hasbro is smacking down with. Fortunately I don't see any further legal issues for ME (They were talking about it...) but I think Hasbro is on their high horse and we may hear about quite a few retailers and companies being hit before all the dust settles.

3. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    This sucks it didn't work out for you and your shop. I was looking forward to seeing how it did and more than likely purchasing one. Oh the whistleblowers though ...

4. Composite Ghost

Composite Ghost Motorized Transformer

News Credits:
    The dude probably thinks Hasbro is going to put his name on a toy like they did for Monzo.

5. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

In other words, maybe there actually is more to BBTS's big 3P sale?

6. Composite Ghost

Composite Ghost Motorized Transformer

News Credits:
    That's what I'm thinking. Unfortunately Joel from BBTS doesn't pop in on these forums like Dragonclaw so we have to keep speculating. It's pretty solid speculation though.

I'm sure Igear will have no problems releasing G2 Ramjet through their website. But damn it, I don't want to buy it from them!

7. Skywarp181

Skywarp181 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm sure they'll tuck their tail and hide... Lol

8. haventgrownup

haventgrownup Procrastinator

I'm just gonna write it, 'cause it's truth.

I HATE the pathetic, riding-on-giants'-shoulders, creatively-void IDIOTS that are running (ruining?) Hasbro and FunPub. You're all a bunch of sad, childish, unworthy dipshits.

I would love for their contemporary lines to just fucking fail, but there are a lot of geeks out there that will buy any line if it has Transformers on it.

9. sodawilly

sodawilly Old School fan since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You know whats really sad about this? In whomever blew the whistle on this, this affects twofold: I'm one as much as possible to try and purchase my items from US stores..... When the whistle was blown on this, the store selling these loses sales, and also affects the consumers wanting to get said product too.

So who benefits in the end? I see no winners here.....

3rd party products have honestly helped keep my interest in Transformers peaked. They don't affect my support for HasTak products by any means. They simply enhance my collection to make it even better. I can't imagine my collection without "Hercules", FP Snowman Aerial Appendage Kit, G3 Trailer, City/Shadow/DIA Commander, Protector, Munitioner, Explorer, Warcry, Flameblast, WB Defender, FP Insecticons, PE Rumble/Frenzy, PE Ratbat, PE Rewind/Eject, PE Laserbeak & Buzzsaw, Delicate Warrior, Igear MP Coneheads, Sunstorm..... see where I'm going with this? Classics style figures? I own all United/Henkei releases, I own the whole Binaltech line, all of the Takara MP figures, complete movie line and imported figures not available in the US. Older figures, I own the complete lines of Beast Wars, Beast Wars II, Beast Wars Neo as well as the new TF Prime. I used to also own all of the Animated, Armada, Energon, Cybertron and RID lines, but sold those off.

Now I know I don't have the biggest collection like some people by any means..... But i'd like to think I am a pretty big supporter of the main line products.

IF HasTak were to produce these things in a more limited setting like what these 3rd party companies do, I would buy the stuff officially. Being that they don't, I am having a void filled in my collection that henceforth so far has not been filled in any official capacity.

- Gregg

10. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Hurts feelings being honest.

News Credits:
    Man, again, I'm sorry that this happened to you, Dragonclaw. Unfortunately, there aren't enough words left to actually get the attention of the whistle blower here at the site. He'll be buried well beneath his self-righteous thoughts.

Still, I want to personally thank that person for being a dick and ruining the fun for everyone.

That said, I think that iGear will not avoid making a profit if possible. Not that I enjoy suggesting cutting Dragonclaw out of his personal profit in this, but perhaps if we email iGear and show an interest this figure will see a mass release on their site. I know, I know... but there are a lot of folks that still want it. And honestly, it may not be the numbers he wanted, but Dragonclaw was onto something with the new cannons, perhaps he can still sell those.

11. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Personally, I think that it was a real risk to offer these up as a store. But whatever anyones views are on this, the sadest part of it all is that an honest store got caught in the crossfire between third parties and Hasbro. Whether you agree with supporting Hasbro or iGear, it's a shame that a store trying to make a living got caught in the exchange.

12. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Hurts feelings being honest.

News Credits:
    I agree that there was a risk and he was lucky that Hasbro just advised him to stop without taking true action. But as it's been mentioned, Hasbro pretty much turned down his attempt to get some sort of exclusive release so he went with the alternative. Wasn't his first choice just the first one to make an agreement...

13. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    There's plenty of lurkers here, just because someone identified themselves as a member, doesn't mean they're registered here.

14. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I dont really want to go into the background as its apples and oranges ("The bank wouldnt lend me the money so I decided to steal it" wont last long in court. :D  The two alternatives are unrelated), and it really sounds like a store that just wanted something cool, didnt try to hide anything or get away with anything and got burned.

15. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    So once the C&D went out, that was pretty much the end of it then.

It really gives weight to the theory BBTS is trying to move as much as they can, knowing that if they get slapped with a C&D they are going to be stuck with a ton of inventory that suddenly can't sell. It makes sense why they wouldn't come out and say this too, because they need to move as much as they can in as little time as they can.

It might also help that stores like BBTS don't carry the iGear stuff that is a direct copy of Hasbro / Takara merchandise either, but idk, from the sounds of what Dragonclaw said it sounds like Hasbro is gearing up for something big.

16. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed

News Credits:
  17. Skywarp181

Skywarp181 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think Igear might be done with the seeker molds. Last email I got was discussing wether or not they will release more but then he just refunded my money and no more talks about the molds. Hopefully they can start pp05 now

18. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    What did they refund for?

I would guess that they're done with the mold as well, once Destroyer is out. I would seriously laugh for a decade if they turned around and started releasing KO's of the new MP-11 mold, the self-righteous fanrage would melt the internet.

19. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    that's too bad someone had to be a white knight and go to hasbro. don't they have anything better to do with their life, like lick sewers clean or something?

20. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hmm, or committing their own brand of IP theft.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.