PREORDERS OPEN Comic Ink "G2 Ramjet"

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Dragonclaw, Feb 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    OK guys, we decided to split the launchers and the actual jet to get the price down to something more reasonable :)  We'll still be numbering and adding the store exclusive logo once we have them in hand but that wont add as much to the cost! We're hoping to ship in April or May.

Store | COMIC INK

Also for anyone hoping to wait we will NOT be taking them to Botcon! There is some talk starting here: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...otcon-custom-class-wednesday-thursday-10.html at the bottom of the page that makes us leary about the initial plans to offer these at Botcon...and without clarification to the contrary its just not a good idea to take a chance.

Still...only 500....less than a fourth of the Botcon figures run....

and we're working to get the helmet changed to PURPLE to set the face apart!

Order your then tell everybody! (I don't have an account on Allspark or several other sites!)

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I am more than interested in this. I have to save up the money before hand so hopefully these don't sell out ridiculously fast.

3. kiyoshioni

kiyoshioni The Knife

Man, if there are still some left by the time I have a new job and some extra cash, I will definitely pick one of these up. Is there an option for in store pickup? I forgot if you mentioned that in a different thread or not.

4. juxtapose519

juxtapose519 Well-Known Member

Anyone who can afford G2 Ramjet on top of all the other MP seekers and 3rd party toys lately has too much money and should share some with me.

5. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

you know you can buy these right now on shop.igeartoys.com !!!

no need to wait unless there is is something so different about it on this release

6. metrotitan

metrotitan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll never be able to resist this. Might as well order one now.

7. skiss

skiss Crash and Burn

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really need to watch G2. I just don't get why those characters are so popular. Color schemes from that generation were terrible lol.

8. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So iGear is stealing market from the actual retailer of an exclusive they agreed to produce for that retailer? Good to know how they operate.

9. Omega_Sentinel

Omega_Sentinel Well-Known Member

$200 = no

10. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    There's nothing to watch, they were just the original cartoon with new animated intros and bumpers.

THis looks great, but I'm gonna quit while I'm ahead with the i-gear seekers, got the coneheads, replacing my classic three and chasing a Sunstorm. If I had this, I don't know where in my collection it would go.

11. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    It's just a different era, that's all. The early 90's were very neon. It's when I got into TFs (born in '86, so I was too young for G1) and so I have a very soft spot for G2. In fact, it has been my mission these past few months to track down all the late-G1/G2 Botcon toys. I'm very sad I'll never, ever own the G2 Classics Sideswipe - damn customizing class...

12. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    And Hasbro are OK with these being sold from a store within the US? I can see how iGear avoided them previously, but this is a chance that I would not take as a retailer. Besides, yeah, available from the iGear site with free shipping and cheaper.

13. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    Yeah, I was pretty irritated about it myself. I've got e-mails going all the way back to September when I first started talking with them about it, sending them the pictures for reference etc....them selling it themselves caught me totally off guard after how long we'd been negotiating. They assured me it was just a few samples they made (I have one myself) and there are only 15 or so of those. They are actually showing as not in stock so I'm hoping they were good on their word in that regard.

As for the differences, the ones direct from iGear are in a plain white box, ours are full color (we know that's important to some people who want to keep these MIB) and that unfortunately does add to the costs as do the extra launchers, they added a lot more than we thought which is why we were offering the separately. Also trying to get the colors tweaked a bit, especially on the head so the face "pops" more rather than a black face with a black helmet.

What Hasbro thinks? Probably nothing much. After all, there's a LOT of 3rd party stuff sold by companies that actually have direct accounts with Hasbro, I do not. I actually went to them FIRST to see about doing something special and got told that we just weren't big enough to matter. Ironically we are hoping to use the proceeds from this to make ourselves big enough to matter to Hasbro as I'd love to work with them.

It was our hope to do something cool and special. It's certainly something Hasbro and Takara would never have given us...heck we never got the official coneheads from them....as for the cost, it's slightly higher than I paid for other seekers and cheaper than other Masterpiece figures, in an age where exclusive deluxes are $60+ after shipping or $80 for custom Targetmasters (which I think are AWESOME and I will be buying them! myself) $180 for a Masterpiece isn't all that out of line IMHO. I'm sorry if some people don't agree with that. But we've certainly seen things with higher print runs offered at a LOT more.

14. HighPrime

HighPrime Wake up with the King!

News Credits:
    I just bought mine (from you guys). Looking forward to this one!

15. OVR_RUN

OVR_RUN Jazz Meister

News Credits:
    must get job to afford this beauty!!!!

16. Sai

Sai Decepticon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not really a G2 fan but that Ramjet is real nice,G2 fans are in for a treat with this one!

17. GAUGE

GAUGE Transformers Fan since 1985

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    to this day I never bought any of the iGear seekers or anything else made by them.

And I'm not about to start now.

It does look nice though. Grats to those who get them. :) 

18. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Ride or Die!

19. Kenobi-bot

Kenobi-bot 3 Igear MP Protos FTW

Agreed. $180 + an additional $36 (for a complete G2 ramjet) is reasonable?

20. VE Telus

VE Telus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can we see pictures of the completed G2 launchers? For $36, I'd like to not buy them blind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.