Preorder from HTS or Wait?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by j.a.f.o., Nov 3, 2008.

1. j.a.f.o.

j.a.f.o. Just Looking, Not Buying

While my 3-year-old and I were perusing Hasbro's website, he recognized Universe Legends Bumblebee and Brawn and said he'd like them for Christmas. I'd sure like to get them for him, however, HTS says they won't ship until 12/22. Do I take my chances that they'll be available at retail in time for Christmas or do I bite the bullet and preorder them off the website (of course knowing that shipping will be vastly more expensive than those little toys themselves)?

2. XJunky

XJunky Howdy Ho Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

I say preorder them as insurance. If you find them in the store, great! Cancel your preorder, or if it is too late, sell them on the boards. Easy peasy.

3. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    FWIW, several of the HTS preorders have been known to ship before their posted date.

4. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    And remember the savings with the MDCREW discount code!

5. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't recommend HTS for anything besides exclusives. I say shop around, or preorder from BBTS, especially if you want these by any certain time. I've had some issues with HTS, but most of all I would say DO NOT rely on them to get anything to you by any specific time unless they have something in stock, right now, ready to ship now.

6. KING KONVOY

KING KONVOY Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    THIS

& as far as the time, they've been doing very well recently! I live in NYC and they ship to me from PA. Lately I've received my items in 2 to 3 days and often the items were available weeks online before they were even spotted in NY State much more NYC. Its worked out great for me but I did have issue with HTS shipping me the wrong amount of 2008 SDCC items.

7. RavX

RavX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i would preorder them .. if you find them retail just take a set back with the retail receipt when they arrive.. they all have the same sku #'s (I did this with my classics 2.0 wave 1-2 figures ... saved my targetr receipts ... took advantage of a HTS coupon .. saved over $100 in the long run by taking the ones back to target i had shipped from HTS :)  )

8. kllrwlf

kllrwlf Well-Known Member

I would order from HTS or BBTS as a fallback.

HTS might be cheaper... but take longer to ship because they use USPS.

BBTS might be a little more, but you have more control on your order. And the reliability of higher with BBTS compared to HTS.

9. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, some have shipped after said date as well. My TFA Blackarachnia shipped on-time, but I ended up cancelling Megatron and Grimlock as I found them at TRU after HTS failed to ship mine anywhere near on-time.