Prenuptial Agreement Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jorod74, Jul 23, 2009.

1. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I know that to alot of folks a prenuptial agreement is a bad omen.
    But i was wondering if it makes sense to protect certain things that way.

i don't care so much about cars, TVs, Dishes, etc. Money, well, i don't want to live in a van down by the river because my ex-princess is used to eating at Jack in the Box 9 times a day, but i can understand some temporary support. and in case of children, i am totally for supporting them 110%. 200%.

But what if my prenup had just one request. Such as, "in case of divorce, the Toy collection is off limits."

Protect the Transformers from a threat worse than Unicron, ya know?
    Thinking that my toys have a sentimental value and being aware divorces become grudge matches to see who can inflict the most pain, wouldn't a prenup like that be ok?

any thoughts on this being a good idea or not?

2. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:

3. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

Unless your woman was another TF collector, I honestly doubt they'd want them. Or know their value, really. I don't think it'd be worth the legal trouble. Unless your girlfriend was a collector too and you had an awesome G1 collection or something.

4. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

"I am a child in the body of a man, take my house, take my car but for the love of God don't take my useless plastic crap!"

5. Deceptikitty

:lol 

Would the guy wheel them out all piled up in a little red wagon?

6. yodafett

yodafett Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Personally, I'm against Pre-nups, because, in essence, they're planning for your marriage not to last. On top of that, I feel that if your marriage is over (despite the whole "Til death do us part") thing, then being concerned about material items shouldn't be at the forefront of someone's planning. But that's just my :2c: 

Is the engagement official and date set, or just planning ahead?

7. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 TFWM SUCK!!!!!

News Credits:
    DON'T GET MARRIED.....it's a trap for women to take away the stuff that guys value the most!!!

Just kidding but I don't think it should be in a prenup but maybe have an understanding between you and your significant other or just something in writing between the two of you. But be careful when doing this as most women if you bring up the prenup idea they think your wanting out and they will want to take everything you have.

8. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    If you even feel the need to consider a prenup, then you're in the wrong relationship. The whole concept of a prenup basically contradicts some of the most fundamental messages of marriage - a common understanding of truth between husband and wife, leaps of faith for the other person in the relationship, compassion that transcends materialism, etc.

...and really? You'd care more about your toys than you would about your wife? That's kinda sick.

9. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    No, this is insane. And I cannot imagine any scenario where this would be a thing that actually came into play either.

If you're a jerk and end up pissing your wife off so much that she feels the need to sell/destroy your stupid plastic robits, I'm willing to bet anything you had it coming. What, you think girls care about robits otherwise? Preposterous!

I HATE YOU AND I WANT A DIVORCE... BUT OOH UNIVERSE SPRINGER YOU'RE COMING WITH ME!

Face. Palm.

10. Darkwing48

Darkwing48 Heroic Decepticon

If women was like my ex, then she can flip the switch and divorce you when she pleases. I don't think this is a bad thing personally. The wedding vows these day are just words. No different than lying with your hand on the bible. Actions is the key. So few people (relative) keep the "better or worse, til Death do you part." You can count only on yourself to keep the vow. You can trust the other to do also, but no one can predict the future.

He's saving for a rainy day, basically. You gotta by insurance even if you're a model driver.

"El sentimento, no pide palabras" -- Pedro Fernandez, "Deseos y Delirios"

11. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I don't like pre nups but i understand there value and to me if one is done they should be done with the understanding it has nothing to do with the feelings that made the couple want to get married inthe first place, as for protecting your collection it makes sense to me as some of them maybe very difficult to replace such as G1 Fort Max or G1 scorponok, becausei could see where as the other party getting pissed off the relationship is over, even if its there fault and either trashing your collection or giving it away

12. ErechOveraker

News Credits:
    BUT YOUR HONOR, MY TRANSFORMERS ARE EASILY WORTH HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS!

13. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

Boy you've never been divorced. The woman doesn't take what she needs or wants, she takes what will hurt you the most.

I got divorced, lost everything and was homeless. Wont be making that whole 'marriage' mistake again. And the GF I've been with now for a couple years already knows if we ever actually did get hitched, there's a pre-nup.

What's mine is mine.

course a pre-nup won't stop her from just trashing your shit anyway. Woman are evil. Beautiful, curvy, soft, good smelling evil. The most insidious kind.

and also, no one will ever hate you as much as a woman who once loved you.

good luck bro.

14. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I dunno man,
    broads can turn-flip you upside down.
    You might be better off with an attorney involved. Make sure she doesn't find
    out
    what your collection is worth, or better yet her lawyer doesn't :p 

But generally personal property you bring to the marriage is kept by each party in the divorce,
    unless you spent her money on toys,
    she might come after you for half your collection's appraised value,
    and you'd either have to pay out of pocket or liquidate enough to pay her back.

15. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Why not just enter a clause that maintains that no assets owned by either parties before marriage can be aquired by the other in the event of a divorce?

16. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Because she might
    have a really awesome car

17. Deceptikitty

I wouldn't do that, then again I'm not a bitch. How do you guys end up marrying such she-devils?

18. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I've always thought that when people get married a prenup should be compulsory anyway. That way neither side has to worry about posing it beforehand and making the other person feel the first has concerns the marriage may not last. Never could make sense of the whole 'I love you and we'll be together forever but just in case can you please sign this'. If you stay married forever then great, but if not you always have that in place as backup. It's like having car insurance even if you think you'll never need to claim on it.
    Maybe if you both know you've had to have one then there'll be less willingness to split because of hoping to take a huge chunk of the other's stuff.

As for the TF collection then why not? If it's a collection then you've obviously invested some time and money in it. Why should you be forced to lose or have to split it? Just because it's toys and not some lofty adult thing like a car or a house or a child makes no difference.

19. ErechOveraker

News Credits:
    Kind attract kind.

Yeah, I said it, jerks.

20. Deceptikitty

I mean, honestly, no one is skilled enough to not let off they're a bitch before marriage and then suddenly go all cartoon villain on you and then destroy your life and steal your stuff. You're all giving women too much credit in the evil area.