Premium Series Optimus Prime and Megatron Confirmed for Mass Release

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tim Formas, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Yep. They'll be mass-released with special labelling on their packaging similar to Blackout and Ironhide, pictured here.

Luckily, my receipt had two days left on it when I found out about Premium Leader Megatron, so I was still able to return my original one. :lol 

2. DarthP00P00

DarthP00P00 Autobot

They look pretty neat, but i'm not sure I'd pay $40 for it when i already
    have the first two.

3. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

The Leader Megatron is SO bought! I missed the regular one at retail so this means I can snag one.

4. Devastattor

Devastattor Well-Known Member

Is it me or does Megatron's new head look like a little walnut on his body? Maybe it's the lousy picture but his head looks way out of proportion now.

5. Deceptichage

Deceptichage Decepticon Land Pirate

News Credits:
    I would probably get these and keep them MISB. I already have the originals and don't want to dispaly more than one of each.

6. prime is a legend

prime is a legend Hooch is crazy.

I might have to get these two, they both look awesome. my megatrons mace is bust so this will do as a replacment and prime with a sword just rules!

7. RunaR

RunaR Well-Known Member

Can I buy a separate head? I already got the other parts.

8. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    Megatron for me, Prime... most probably it'll be, damn complethist complex!!!

9. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Everybody should do that! If Hasbro wants to pull crap like this, pull some crap back! All's fair in love & war. Why should they get $40.00 of your money every time they change the paint or add a different accessory? They could release 1000 slightly different versions of the same mold going on that thinking. We don't need to put up with it if we don't want to.

Why does Prime need a new head sculpt? Was there something wrong with the original?

10. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Hmmm I don't think the blade and a new head are excuse for buying OP again. Even when I got it for free in my birthday.

Megatron looks tempting, but I will wait for a better pics. Many things change from prototypes and promo pictures.

11. IronCrow

IronCrow Well-Known Member

Both of these are pretty tempting, but seeing as I already have the first ones, I don't know if I could justify shelling out the bucks for them. Perhaps when I see them on the shelves my mind might change, wouldnt be the first time.

12. avc-prime

avc-prime Well-Known Member

Honestly I might try swaping the figs too. I already have 3 of each, and 40 a pop is not easy. Stupid Hasbro.

13. Nerdling

Nerdling Jiminy Jilikers!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I might do the Leader Prime for the Premium Prime swap. Target is very forgiving with nicely repackaged toys :lol 

14. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    what a dilemma, swap, keep, or not buy at all...

15. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And the one who suffers is the kid or collector who buys the figure after the swap. I've read on this board that people hate it when things are swapped out, but now it seems like a lot of people are doing it. If you were happy paying $40.00 for the original release don't complain because they're changing it and making it better.

I'm frustrated as soon as I buy a new computer all the parts are out dated by the time I receive it. So I should continue to buy a new computer every year pull out all the best parts replace it with the older parts and return it, because I feel entitled to it. NO!!!

If you don't like Hasbro changing or repainting figures than don't buy the first release wait to see if they make the improvements you want. It's a gamble, you're betting on Hasbro rereleasing a figure with updates, which they may not. Hasbro will only get $40 more of your money if you buy it. So unless Hasbro employees are sneaking in your house and taking your money, you can rest assured that the decision to spend that money is yours.

Personally I view swapping worse than scalping. But hey that's just my opinion and by the looks of it in this thread it may be an unpopular one.

16. betetta

betetta guitar face

since i didn't got either of the first 2 versions i'll probably get this ones instead.

17. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Need bigger pix!

18. ease

ease HIPHOPTIMUS PRIME

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Same here!

19. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    1. I'm a sucker for Prime, and I'll be picking that up for sure. Might hand existing Leader OP down to my nephew.

2. I wasn't a fan of the first release of Megs - wasn't keen on the ice or the pink clear plastic bits. I spent so long um-ing and ah-ing over whether to get him, he eventually sold out! This gives me a 2nd chance, and eases my concerns over the original release. :D 

Sold on both.

20. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Assuming Prime and Megs do indeed have new heads... I suppose it's too much to hope for that Megs might actually be able to turn his head this time? Boy would that make the figure better.

Still looks great, though.