Pregnant mother tasered at baptism party

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dark_Convoy, Aug 4, 2009.

1. maninthebox94

maninthebox94 Banned

i love this thread!

2. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Man the police sure have alot of assburgers these days.

3. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I don't see how that's relevant to crazy-ass skewed perceptions of the police force and silly overreacting.

4. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Drat, outsmarted by a Lorry, I am disgraced

I've never seen anything like that and I have been pulled over by police plenty of times. I'll say 30% are the second type tops

5. Maximum Burn

Maximum Burn JETS AND HELI!! I LIKEY!

I didn't see anything definitive in the video.

They only used three?

That guy was lucky that they didn't decide to use their guns. If they had to use three tasers, then that's a pretty good reason.

Also, she help out the dad being tased?

That's completely throwing your way into harm's way = her fault if the baby is harmed and she got in the way. When a cop is trying to subdue someone and you get in the way? Yeah, I say that warrants the cop reactions. That's like tackling a cop while he trying to handcuff someone.

6. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

What's up with our police nowadays? We got people pulled over for driving too slow. And, I swear this happened one time- my mom got pulled over once near our house. The policeman accused my mom of not fully stopping at a stop sign. California roll, I think it's called. Something like that. Whatever, we're in California.

I'm not really paying attention, I'm just staring out the window. Then I hear some shouting, and a guy dressed all in black is running away from this little shopping area by our house with a bag in his hands. There are at least ten people running after this guy, shouting.

And the cop is telling my mom she didn't fully stop on a road no one else was on.

7. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    So that would be "El Ectro", then.

8. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    Shit, soda out my nose!! :lol 

9. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Pretty hard to get a speeding ticket or a citation when you've never 1. had a license to drive or 2. ever owned a car. But I have had encounters with cops before. Out of the 3, 1 was a swaggering douche bag.

Read the article again. The baby that got baptized was hers, she already got her anchor baby.

10. comaface

comaface Crush, kill, destroy

At issue, of course, is whether they had to use any tasers on anyone at all.

You're right that there is nothing definitive in the video. Despite acknowledging this, you seem to have gone right ahead and decided anyway that the police obviously had to use their tasers by simple virtue of the fact that they did use them. And since they had to (ie because they did) use that many, this means that the man was clearly being so belligerent that nothing less would've stopped him (similarly, the fact that I just used a brick to kill a centipede is clearly proof that the centipede would've been invulnerable to anything less than a brick) and that they even would've been justified in shooting him(!).

This puts you distinctly at odds with the people who seem to feel that 3 tasers + tasering a pregnant mother automatically equates to heartless police brutality, regardless of the details and circumstances. And the middle ground just keeps shrinking. Even though, whichever way you look at it, there is nothing definitive in the video.
    Trying to help a 55 year-old man (if that is, in fact, what she was doing) is like tackling a cop? Not, um, exactly.

I suppose she was "lucky" they didn't use their guns on her, too.

11. SlyTF

SlyTF Banned

I remember days when you where baptised in a river, with no tazers or nothin! Now adays when you get baptised poliece run in, guns blazing and tazers cracking! Damn baptismals are hard core!

12. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

Reminds me of the Ozark, Missouri incident where a 16 yearold with a broken back and heel was tazed 19 times.
    Why because being able to breath makes you a threat to police.

13. KnightSaberAmi

KnightSaberAmi Nyan Nyan

So just to make sure that I have this right...its okay for a woman to assault a man but the man was wrong for tasing her instead of punching her right? Seriously?!? Have you ever had to deal with a crazy ass drunk woman? Fighting? Do you even know that women are worse to deal with than dealing with crazy ass drunk men? Even if she wasn't drinking its no excuse. Women are worse than dealing with than men. I worked a booking detail for a year and worked intake with them on them on the jail floor.

As for fighting her off like "real police officers" in my jurisdiction we were trained for pain compliance holds and the various; no hitting. Some people are not affected by these holds. So you go to the next thing. Do you even have any idea of what your saying? Have you ever seen a man actually throw a real punch? Do you even know what kind of damage a really big dude punching a woman could do? Broken jaw to start if not an outright kill. Your attitude is conflicting. Its the cops fault but then the cop should have beat her ass since he didn't he's a wimp. Then it woulda really hit the fan, wouldn't it? Its this attitude right here that has made it absolutely miserable for Victims. Criminals have more rights than the Victims or their Families/ Survivors. I have said it before, she had no right to asssault the Police Officer. None. I am more than sure he told her to comply and she refused and so she got tased. Ultimately the officer gets to go home tonight to his family, and thats the most important part of the day.

As for these guys being in the same ilk as that dispatcher don't let a few bad apples spoil the bunch. Most have no idea what it is to walk in our shoes. We are LEO's, Counselors, mediators, mentors, teachers, paramedics, comedians, amid a variety of other suits we have to wear to get the job done that day. I have gone to bat for the people under my care; even dragging them out of bed if I had to, to make sure they got the care they needed. One lady comes to mind she had an abcess in her upper arm abd had I not gone to bat for her she could have potentially lost her entire arm.

As for her green card not being on her person I doubt that she would be detained by immigration and customs enforcement just for thrills. They don't have enough manpower for that. Also according to paperwork she has a bond but so far nobody has bonded her out.

As a female I have to say WTF?!? Obviously she didn't give a rats ass about being pregnant until after she was in a fight and hit with the taser. Only now its a problem. Classic birdie with a broken wing and she needs to be saved and you fell for it.

Family: Police used excessive force at baptism party | InsideNova.com

Last edited: Aug 5, 2009
  14. comaface

comaface Crush, kill, destroy

Assuming that she did assault a police officer, and that what you are "more than sure" of actually transpired.
    From your link: "Ramos claimed Elias is still being detained because officials are looking into her immigration status.

Hernandez said police did not check Elias’ immigration status when she was arrested, but she declined to say if it was being reviewed, citing an ongoing investigation.
    "
    Family/friend claims her immigration status is being reviewed. Police decline to comment on if it's being reviewed or not. You assume she is definitely an illegal immigrant anyway. Why?

Interesting sidenote from that link: Police claim there is "no evidence" that she is pregnant. Meaning no obvious visual evidence? Or like, they're actually denying that she's pregnant?
    So I just looked that up, and okay, that is pretty messed up.

15. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

Questions have arisen about the legality of the police charging someone with being drunk in public in their own backyard. Hernandez said that a backyard is considered a public area. Only the interior of a person’s home is considered private.

Bad enough you loss 15 to 75 feet of the front yard when you buy a property,but now you don't even own your backyard.

16. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

This whole thread has me wringing my hands! Menacingly!

17. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Why don't you bend over so I can help you pull the stick that you somehow rammed so far up your ass that you're being anal-retentive about EVERY SINGLE THING IN THE WORLD.

(Assburgers?)

18. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    You don't have a license or ever owned a car?

Did someone beat you with the fail-at-life stick or something?

19. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Maybe he was home schooled and missed Driver's Ed. You jerk.

20. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    He might have Assburgers...