Pregnant man gives birth to daughter

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by seeker311, Jul 3, 2008.

1. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Well played (and fair enough). :) 

2. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

I thought about this too, but maybe now in the infant stage the babies hormone levels will slip into normal levels. The most it should have done was affect the fetus' development, not the childs gender or mental state.

3. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

i had a really funny thought about this the other day...

what if the dad was a she-male? then the mommy could be the daddy and the daddy could be the mommy.

4. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Chromosomal abnormalities are associated with different types of ******ation and other abnormalities, but people with them aren't transgendered.
    So is the medical community. Because there's no solid research on this, since it would be ridiculously unethical, no one knows what effect it will have on the child.

This was my major issue with the whole thing from the beginning. She has the right to do whatever she wants, of courses...but I think everyone accepts "unless it hurts someone else" as a caveat to that. Here, we don't know if it will hurt someone else.

I really feel like the doctor who ultimately supported them (I have no doubt they went doctor-shopping) was wrong to do so.

5. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    They went through nine doctors, in fact.

http://www.advocate.com/exclusive_detail_ektid52947.asp

Personally, I don't think they should have made a media spectacle of themselves as they did, especially if they were in it for personal gains. It's pretty shameful and by no means representative of the entire trans community.

6. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Color me shocked.

EDIT: Y'know, if you have to ask EIGHT DOCTORS before you find one who will do what you want, seriously, shouldn't that be some sort of red flag for you?
    Yeah, that's my (distant) second point of contention.

So you're a member of a community that deals with a lot of bullshit and has a long way to go towards full tolerance, much less acceptance. I understand that you're not under any sort of legal or contractual obligation to that community, but the very nature of it kinda suggests that you should want to be supportive of their overall goals.

The way they went about this was not conducive to that. Not the pregnancy itself so much, but the ridiculous levels of media-whoring that went on.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2008
  7. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    Or at least not try to publically tie the community into something that would to many people possibly be questionable. If they'd just done it and not gone after the media attention, how many people would care? Not a lot.

Just thought of something else...what if the kid wants to know her 'real daddy', aka the sperm donor? I mean, this is going to be terribly confusing for the kid when she's little if they tell her then (and really, its going to be difficult to keep her from it thanks the the media whoring), and if they wait until she's a teen, it could be potentially devastating. Kind of like when people finally have to tell an adopted kid they're adopted.

--Moony