Preferences when choosing a favourite?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by SPLIT LIP, Dec 7, 2007.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Hey all. I was thinking about this earlier today, and I wondered: what qualities do a Transformers figure need to be considered your favourite? For instance, price, size, detail, articulation, etc... I hera people talk about their favorites all the time, but I would like to know why and what people look for when picking their favourites.

For example, my preferences are:

1. Must have character in the sculpt. Beast TFs do this the best but vehicle TFs can too.

2. Must have acceptable articulation for its time. For instance, G1 figs don't need a lot of articulation, but more recent figs do.

3. Must have good paint apps, or stickers. (For G1 figs or special figs)

4. Must have good transformations/workable kibble. Not nessearily complex, quick enough for play, but not static enough for boredom. Kibble's fine, as long as it's not just flopping around or restricts basic poses.

5. Weight/size and Play value. MP Prime fails because he's too big and too goddamned heavy. I prefer figures that are smaller, around deluxe/voyager size. Must have some play factor, something that make's me want to pick it up over and over again.

6. Must be totally self contained in at least one mode.

My favourite: Sky-byte. Runner-up: G1 Skywarp.

So, lets hear 'em.:D 

2. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

My favorite transformers have always been the armada figures for some reason. I think it has a lot to do with the playability of the figures. Im not scared to just mess with them.

3. ranoobu

ranoobu I like fried chicken

News Credits:
    Looks, Detail, How memorable the character was, Funness.. too many combinations of these and probably some i never thought about.. it's hard to tell. I think aesthetics plays a part in a lot of it especially if you're not familiar with a line/series/show/wave.. whatever you want to call it

4. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

The one's that I can't put down are my favs. Like TFTM Ironhide and TFTM Airraid.

Preferences are too deep for me, I just go with the fun factor

5. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How memorable the toy was and probably a few other things I never really think about...

Anyways, my favorite is the G2 Laser Optimus Prime figure (and by default I enjoy Scourge and the E-Hoby G2 Laser Ultra Magnus as well).

If I had a runner up it would probably be any version of Nemesis Prime just because I dig the evil Prime thing sense I don't think it's really been done well in any incarnation of the series... though the TFCC club comic did a really good job with their version.