Predictions/Wants for Botcon 2008

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by gen1fan, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Yah I hate the magnus re-paints none never look good just crappy

2. n_tel_ekt

n_tel_ekt Wreaker

G1 color repaint of Classics Voyager Megs (the gun blaster) would be cool.

3. blitzwingfan94

blitzwingfan94 Vikings are the bomb!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here is an idea.

Classics Stunticons.

Classics Hot Rod----Breakdown

Classics Hot Rod----Wildrider

Classics BB----Deadend.

Classics Mirage----Dragstrip

Classics Optimus----Motormaster.

I think that would be sweet!

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    That would be pretty cool. I would also definetly save up for that set. The question is, would they be able to do the remolding and other mods to the figures, sot that they could actually combine? Either way it would be cool, but, it would be even better if they could combine.

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Awesome!

6. Greenshadow0

Greenshadow0 Well-Known Member

I like the Classics Magnus. And I wish they'd repainted the deluxe Optimus into a Magnus. :( 

7. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    Remold them to make them combine?!? Dude... that's not remolding, that's major original engineering. There'd be 2 options: make "skeleton" parts like the micromaster 6-piece gestalts or actually remolding the toys would be to the point where they'd just have to be wholly new molds.

If Classics Stunticons are done... I'd want them held off a year so they could do:
    Motormaster(Classic OP)
    Dragstrip(Classic Mirage)
    Breakdown(Classic Sideswipe)
    Wildrider(Classic Sunstreaker)
    Dead End(Classic "Prowl/Silverstreak/Smokescreen/Jazz" rumored mold)

However, I think maybe FP should shoot for the slightly more "unlikely" Classics, not because of fan outrage like with the seekers, but because the more "likely" Classics are more "likely" to be covered by Hasbro. You know kinda how Timelines Ironhide and Ratchet maybe become rather pointless with the new rumored classics mold.

So, I think the Stunticons might be somewhat "likely" for Classics 2.0/Universe.

I do like the idea of getting complete "sets" of figures, so to complete the 1987 Headmasters along with TL Weirdwolf & E.Scorponok I was thinking of this:

"Head Games"
    Box set:
    Fortress Maximus & Spike(Cyb. Metroplex & Drillbit with some new mold ramps mounted on his arms & a "fan mode" city/fortress mode)
    Brainstorm(BM Spystreak)
    Chromedome(BM Mirage)
    Highbrow(BM Obsidian)

attendee figure: Hardhead(BM Tank drone)

small souvenir set:
    Mindwipe(Cyb. Brimstone) & Skullcruncher(Cl. Grimlock)

large souvenir set:
    Apeface(BWX Primal w/ new mold head) & Snapdragon(BWX Megatron w/ new mold head) vs. Cerebros(A.Sideways) & Gasket/Grommet/Cog(Rook/Crosswise/"Rider")

Club exclusive: Hardhead(BM Mega Tankor with a new head)
    (In the comic for the convention, Hardhead is seriously damaged & re-built bigger & better.)

Another idea, "Non-Classics":
    G2 15th Anniversary featuring the unreleased repaints:
    Box set:
    Megatron(Unreleased Combat Hero Megatron)
    Soundwave(Unreleased Road Pig repaint)
    Sgt. Scrapper(Unreleased Sgt. Hound Autoroller repaint)

Optimus Prime(Unreleased Combat Hero Prime)
    Jazz(Unreleased Road Rocket repaint)
    General Magnus(Unreleased General Optimus Prime Autoroller repaint)

bonus: Groove(new Road Pig repaint)

Small Souvenir:
    Air Raid(F-18 Autoroller in prototype green/yellow colors) & Roadbuster(APC Autoroller in prototype blue colors)

Large Souvenir:
    Toxitron(Cancelled exclusive Laser Prime repaint)

8. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So sorry to break this to you, but it is going to be a Backstop giftset containing:

Nemesis Backstop
    Ghost of Backstop
    Fire Guts Backstop
    Hero Backstop
    Classics Backstop
    and the crown piece, Alternator Backstop.

All of this ramping up for Hasbro's Masterpiece Backstop to be released in 2009.

9. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Although I tend to disagree about the likelihood of Hasbro revisiting the Stunticons themselves, I have to say, THIS idea has serious merit. (if these molds are still around, of course)

10. kronos

kronos PSN = METROPLEX_84

News Credits:
    im kinda tired of all these character redo's! I want some original characters again. with some awsome back story! I have always thought the con should have a diffrent story than the main lines. with maybe the occasional reference/appearance of an established character. but this is just my opinion!

and lets keep with older molds.

11. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    Glad you like the set, but about disagreeing with the likelihood....

Please note I always put "likely" in quotation marks. I'm not saying they're highly likely, I'm not saying they're likely, but somewhat "likely".... quotation marks.

Really all I mean is that I'd imagine the Stunticons would be more likely than the 1987 Headmasters. Disagree with that? Well whatever then...

Big Tangent:

Why do I think the Stunticons are " ...somewhat "likely"... "? Again, not attaching a high or significant likelihood, but... *IF* C/U 2.0 sticks around for awhile, the "likely" rooster of Decepticons gets really thin. Octane, Galvatron, Insecticons, Shockwave, A new Seeker mold, after that you've gotta go with later figures or comic/more obscure characters or the gestalt groups. The Stunticons being cars are a strike against them due to repetitiveness, but perhaps also plusses... Hasbro likes making car TFs. Store exclusive repaints of all these car TFs make non-merging Stunticons an obvious idea. *IF* they would try a Classics merge group the Stunticons might be a good option because the could get by with 1 or 2 basic limb designs with maybe some car body remolding and it could make for an interesting Autobot repaint. Though I'm not saying this is likely and I'm not saying the Stunticons are the most likely gestalt... but I can see reasons why they might make an appearance in maybe the 3rd year of C/U 2.0... but how likely is a 3rd year? ... I don't know and I'm not saying ...

12. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Oddly enough, that IS the kind of thing I mean. No big deal, but if you'll allow me to explain....

Since we're talking (at this juncture) about what Hasbro's likely to produce on their own (as opposed to FP, who I think might like a Stunticon set), I also think about what Takara likes. In Japan, the Headmasters seem to have been a reasonably big deal. They were still getting cartoons for that whole year, as opposed to the 3 episodes we got. This means to me that, for Japan, the Headmasters are more likely for a revisit than the Stunticons, who didn't actually show up for more than a few episodes (the exact opposite, in some ways at least, from the US, where again we only got 3 for the Headmasters, although we presumably had the same number of episodes featuring Stunticons as Japan did). Since Hasbro tends to be more likely to produce toys that can also be sold in partnership with Takara (yeah, yeah, Takara Tomy), that makes Hasbro more likely to go with Headmasters overall.

A fair argument, and who's to say, really? I just don't see it tipping the scale.

13. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    The prominence of the Headmasters in Japan is a good point that hadn't occurred to me. But 2 things I can think of against it: would the entire group of '87 HMs really be more likely than the entire group of Stunticons? And very true Hasbro and Takara worked together closes for AEC... but... since then...? Not so much. Classics was Hasbro's own thing that Takara/Tomy haven't touched yet. Movie toys obviously much more influence from Dreamworks and T/T released them but in "American packaging", now Animated also seems to have little influence from T/T.

14. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Awesomeness. MM and Drag Strip have been no-brainers for a while, and it had occurred to me to wait to use the Sunstreaker/Sidewswipe mold for Breakdown/Wild Rider. I just couldn't figure out how to do Dead End. All I could think of was Cyb. Crosswise or Classics BB (which would be lame to use a fourth friggin' time).

As to the likelihood, I think it's extremely unlikely that Hasbro would ever cram all those into the Classics/Universe line as regular releases. Maybe 1-2, even 3, but not five. I'd almost rather have none than some. Repaint the 'Lambo' Bros as Runabout and Runamuck for the regular line and slap the Stunticons in a badass box set for the con.

Not a fan of BM so I personally wouldn't care for a bunch of BM molds repainted into the '87 Bot HMs, but...these two I really like. Wasn't a fan of the use of those molds actually as Primal/Megatron nor the Cybertron repaints, so I own neither. But they make a ridiculous amount of sense for those characters since they're the respective non-jet alt modes of the two. It would be snap to whip up a cool story about these being their forms before they were triple changers...or maybe even about how they lost the ability. I want!

15. Greenshadow0

Greenshadow0 Well-Known Member

Actually, I just want to be ABLE to go to botcon. :eek: 

16. Whipdash

Whipdash Want more Classics, plz.

Dude, that would be SHITTIN' AWESOME. The Stunticons would be great, even if they DON'T combine. ...Better if they did, of course.

(...I would still be happy with just the Sides/Streaker and this rumored Prowl/Jazz Classic to be released at ALL.)

17. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well if we're talking combiners for the exclusive set, I'll throw in for the Terrorcons

Cyb Scourge - Hun-grrrr
    Cyb Wreckloose - Sinnertwin
    Cyb Undermine - Rippersnapper
    Cyb Brimstone - Cutthroat
    Primal BWX - Blot

Just a thought.

18. TreKain

TreKain All Will Be Well TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My personal hope (and I wrote this in on last Botcons suggestions for exclusives), is for a non-combiner Protectobots team for the Classics universe.

Hotspot - Repainted RID Prime, we know the molds still around they were still using this last year.
    Blades - Quite a few good helicopter molds over the last few years to pick from, but my personal choice would be Cyb. Evac (although with RiD Prime would make 2 big guys for the set.)
    Groove - Again a few options for motorcycle molds, but my fave is still Cyb Ransack (i know..its been a little overused)
    First Aid - Energon Towline (make it different from Ratchet), or Cyb Red Alert maybe.
    Streetwise - Cyb Hotshot add some police lights. Plenty of other mold options to make a police car out of.

19. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Boxset: The Wreckers

Whirl - Energon Bulkhead w/o the extra arms and a remolded head
    Topspin - Cybertron Override
    Twintwist - Armada Demolishor w/ missles remolded into drills and new a head
    Sandstorm - BM Mirage
    Roadbuster - BM Tank drone

Two-packs:
    Thunderwing and Bomb-burst - 'Small' Energon Megatron w/ new head and Cybertron Sideways

Bludgeon and Skullgrin - Cybertron Unicron and Energon Kickback/Blight

Freebie:
    Stranglehold - Cybertron Backstop

Basically a Stormbringer set, the Wreckers vs Pretenders. It fits with the how the last set was done imo. Box set has one big four deluxe, two packs have one big with one deluxe and one deluxe with one small, and the freebie is a cool toy that no one would pay for. Only three figs would actually need remolding, and the rest would just be repaints.

20. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I say for Streetwise use Barricade or E.Prowl but i like the concept.Blades could be out of Energon Stormcloud/Blackout.