Predicting the power core combiners

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TFcollecterguy, Dec 20, 2009.

1. TFcollecterguy

TFcollecterguy Well-Known Member

What are your predictions on the tows and do you think the new show will be based on these like the unicron triligy shows came on the same time as the toys came out?:scalper 

2. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    honestly I don't expect much more then what was shown with Huffer. Some classic names with a small partner. I hope to see a classics Power Master prime but I don't really think that's ever going to happen.

3. Triceradon

Triceradon In it for the rage

I like Huffer w/Caliburst, I really do, but I hope that a gimmick (no matter how cool) doesn't define the show and toyline.

Of course, with War for Cybertron and the whole "unified continuity" deal, that doesn't seem likely, so who can say at this point?

4. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    before i can really make an predictions i need more information, but i feel the war for cybertron game and any toys based on it will be separate from any main toy line and i am hopeful for a Powermasteresque Optimus prime

5. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

I don't thing these guys are universe 3.0 stuff, introducing a whole new gimmick to an old character isn't really what that line is about. That leaves two options, movie or this new WFC continuity.

WFC is a great place to start a new continuity in terms of storytelling, and if it is to be the start of a complete overhaul of the TF fluff - pulling all the disparate threads together into one cohesive story - then it may be that the PCC line is just one gimmick of many.

However the apparently earth-mode huffer would suggest there won't be a huge amount of time spent on cybertron before they get to earth (new cartoon? We can but hope). And the pre-earth setting was just given to the game devs so they didn't fuck up the timeline proper before it'd been wrote ;) 

Then again, huffles and the the new toon might just as easilly be part of the movieline, given it's just possible hasbro have received the nod on a new gimick they're looking to include. Don't forget, we've seen no prototypes or stolen figures yet - only a mockup of a box - so we're likely many months away from seeing these PCC.

6. guillo

guillo Well-Known Member

I know Ill be kind of dissapointed when they come out, I was expecting when I hear the name of the serie that all the figures combined to each other to form greater transformers (and I think Im not the only one) but who knows, I might get surprized

7. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I'd like to see Getaway

8. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We had that. It was called Energon Autobots, and everything about that was terrible. :( 

9. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

I see it as the next phase as classics to serve as movie filler, and hopefully this new toon on the Hasbro network will give us some fiction.

10. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

I get the feeling this whole Power Core thing is a Japanese toyline for some reason.It dosnt seem to fit this new War for Cybertron feel and look.

11. avrilfan

avrilfan Banned

Isnt WFC just the game though?

12. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    War for Cybertron is a game, not necessarily a full toyline or a 'style' other toys are expected to follow.

Since the first thing seen for Power Core combiners was a Hasbro package mockup, it's definitely not a Japanese toyline, not exclusively anyway.

Seems quite likely that red car test shot seen at the same time as the WFC Optimus vehicle may be a Power Core somethingorother toy, given all the people talking up "powermaster socket" in the thread for it.

13. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

Prevailing opinion, based on what Aaron Archer said in the TFW interview, is that WFC is the first part of a 'new' continuity which will be the only continuity (running parallel to the movieverse) for the forseeable future.

So yes, whilst 'WFC' is just a game it's as near as we have to a name for this new continuity. feel free to come up with a better name :) 

14. TFcollecterguy

Personaly I hope that the new gimmick won't rupter the figures two much. From the looks of Huffer they look like the joints might get loose if you take them apart too much. But like we'll do that right?

15. TFcollecterguy

It also looks to have a clasic esk look to it. That meens new non movie Prime! Yay!

16. guillo

guillo Well-Known Member

I thouth of them more like a 6 bots combiner than a 2 robots like cybertron ones

17. taterx

I'm hoping for part swapping for mix and match effect. Also a bad ass late G1 Marvle style comic and beast wars quality storytelling would be great. Please no more imported and dubbed TV, the Japanese are the masters of design but produce fiction that I seldom dig.

18. taterx

Also sounds like the WFC will lead to a unified type continuity but will not be more than a game at first. I could be wrong but I suspect the next toon will tie into this toy as the game is developed and reaction issued to determine if a toy line or fiction would be worth developing for it.

19. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I predict that this is the line that Hasbro mentioned as the "way to carry on their heritage characters". It's like Universe in a way, but now with a universal gimmick. Kind of unsettling that they had to do that to sell a "Classics" or "redo" line, but they have to appeal to fans AND the "target audience", who are just becoming fans. Old characters redone without going overboard is a good way to attract fan's attention, and a gimmick is in there for fun.

Also, Huffer with Caliburst appears to be a scout or deluxe sized figure. Maybe the PCC's are only a subline, with that size class representing them, kind of like the FAB's? Perhaps they are an entire line on their own? Perhaps they are a subline with multiple sizes? Who knows? We will have to wait for more news, but until then, let's just have fun predicting! :D 

Even though we just got one, a new Targetmaster Cyclonus would be good after the success of the first one.

20. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    All the autobots will combine into Fortress Maximus.
    It will be the ultimate completest line of toys.