Predator fans, Any?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by wolverenz, Jul 10, 2011.

1. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  2. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    NECA confirms on their Twitter:

"AVP Preds in series 11 & 12."

3. Computron34

Computron34 Always Tired

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
  4. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    According to Neca's Twitter today, much has yet to be revealed. Told to wait for SDCC:

-Predators Series 13 miiiiiight consist of AVP Requiem Wolf Predator and a new, more articulated Predalien.

-SDCC exclusive will be the 2nd "Batman: Dead End" Predator. I honestly don't know what this guy looks like as all I ever remembered was Big Red.

-Hicks and Hudson will come with a shitload of weapons and gear.

-the two Colonial Marine/alien 2-packs will feature new head sculpts & gear and the alines will feature those lovely "battle-damage" effect parts we saw on display at Toy Fair.

-More Kenner Predator homages may be on the way...

-They are trying to get Sigourney Weaver's blessing to do Ripley figures (power loader!).

-If upcoming Prometheus, Aliens, or Predator figures sell well, NECA will be able to do more Prometheus figures of the rest of the cast, hopefully more characters from ALIENS, and the rest of Dutch's team from PREDATOR. Again, only if the stuff sells well enough, then we delve deeper into the rest of the human cast as the monsters are pretty much a guaranteed sell.

-If Ed-209 and the queen alien sell well, then for big-boxed "monster" toys they will make the arachnid Gremlin from Gremlins 2.

-They hinted that ^^^much of the products they tease/announce/hope-to-sell^^^ are already fully sculpted/finished and just waiting to go into production if the line they are featured in sells well enough to allow it. If you want more toys of other characters from certain movie lines, support those lines! So for example: you want to own a NECA Alien 3 Dog Alien? Buy the current and upcoming Aliens figures!

5. Giga Leo

Giga Leo I know and you know...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I sincerely hope they manage to get the Arachnid Gremlin made, they've done such a great job with the rest of the cast it would be a shame if he never sees plastic!

As for the Kenner Predators, I'm buying those guys the second I see them on shelves. With so many of the movie Preds already made, it'd make sense for them to farm that lot of designs too. I wouldn't be surprised if we wind up seeing the original colors as TRU exclusive 2-packs.

Of course, now that I'm already spoiled by the announcement of an Alien Queen, anyone else hopeful we see this bad girl sometime in the future?
    [​IMG]

6. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I highly doubt it. Neca's only making the Kenner Predators because they are not expensive to create. They only needed some newly sculpted masks, armor, and weapons to create them. We have a much better shot at seeing more Kenner Preds than we do any Kenner aliens.

If any, the only Kenner aliens I could image them making by using some newly sculpted parts would be the exploding Scorpion alien and the acid-spitting Gorilla alien because those two are still very close to the Aliens design. One is spiky and one is bulky.

7. Giga Leo

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think it's actually pretty likely because of parts reuse, and wouldn't rule anything out the realm of possibility. It's all sales driven, so I imagine if (hopefully) the Kenner Predator repaints sell well, they might take a good hard look at the possibility of including more from both the Aliens and Predator lines.
    A flying queen wouldn't require a 100% new sculpt, only wings and maybe a new head-I doubt anyone would be up in arms over lack of complete faithfulness to the original Kenner sculpt.
    I completely agree that the Gorilla and Scorpion Aliens would be reasonable expectations due to parts re-use, possibly even the Mantis Alien as well due to him sharing parts of the Gorilla in the original line. Thing like the Snake or Crab, yes, highly unlikely to ever see the light of day in an updated line.

Besides, this is the same company who told me about a week ago on Twitter that they had no plans to do a new PredAlien, yet are now saying we may in fact get one in a future wave. What was once unlikely has now become something in the realm of possibility.

8. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wife got me this for valentines day. She gave it to me early cause she's out of town.
    [​IMG]

9. Fuzzybluedemon

Fuzzybluedemon Well-Known Member

Where did you read these 3? I read their twitter pretty much every day, and couldn't find any evidence of this stuff. The last thing i read about Predalien was an almost definite no, the only mention of 13 was 'possibly' more Kenner homages.

They, mostly through fans, are HOPING to get rights to make Vasquez and Apone, but aside from a fan asking, Ripley's rights are still off the table. And he has said, pretty much definitely, no other Predator cast members other than Dutch.

So yeah, the other figures from Prometheus are still possible with sales, but i wouldn't go getting peoples hopes up for the rest of that stuff

10. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know your marriage is awesome when you get a Predator figure for Valentines Day from your wife.

:thumbs2: 

11. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    LOL. yeah, She's bought me lots of transformers too. I'm pretty sure she also got me the new falconer predator.

12. Stubot

Stubot Banned

I see that Colonial Marines is minus the Predator this time

13. FanimusMaximus

News Credits:
    Ok I'm thinking about getting my first predator figure ever from this line.

I caught between getting Falconer (Non-camo), Big Red, and Tracker.

14. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    I say Big Red, simply because he looks like a ninja. And he's red...which is an awesome color.

15. FanimusMaximus

News Credits:
    Maybe we'll see what the future holds.

But more then anything I want to see a Celtic Predator figure from this line.

He's so bad ass looking:

[​IMG]

16. Giga Leo

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree for similar reasons, although I have to say you can't go wrong with getting them both :thumbs2: 

17. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

I'd say skip all 3 and go for either Classic or City Hunter. I don't have anything good to say about Falconer or Tracker,i hated those Pred. designs.Big Red is cool for about 10min. He is boring compared to the others.He only comes with 2 swords that barely fit into his hands.He looks more like a Samruai then a Ninja....

18. FanimusMaximus

News Credits:
    Well I think that's what the big red design was aiming for, besides samurai are more honorable then ninjas.

Also I like the designs from the Predators movie.

19. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

A couple post above mine someone said he looked like a ninja,thats why i was saying he was Samurai.If you like the new movie designs,i'd get all 3 and a couple dogs to make a nice little movie display.This things look good on their own,but look awsome in packs.

20. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    You have to click "expand" on the tweeted answers to read the entire conversations between NECA and people asking the questions.

If the Preds keep selling well, then after AVP and Kenner, they may go back and redo AVP:Requiem as a future wave to give us a Wolf Pred and a Predalien that have the current articulation of the Predator 2 & Aliens bodies.

One fan asked about Ripley, and NECA responded that they are trying to get Weaver's blessing, but only if she "ok's" it. If this happens, then they hope her backing will attract the rest of the Aliens cast.

Years ago, no one thought Anthony Hopkins would ever let someone make Hannibal figures, but NECA managed to pull it off, much to the anger of McFarlane and his dwindling Movie Maniacs line. There was a time when talking about NECA or any of it's products would get you banned from the Spawn.com message boards. Sounds crazy, but it happened.

If the lines sell well enough, they will try for more of the actors (aliens, predator, Prometheus, etc.). They said they already have these figures sculpted, but cannot show them to the public in case the actors do not approve a figure to be made. If the actors give them their approval, they can show the figures, but if a line sells poorly then even though they were allowed to show the actor's figure, it stays unreleased. They mentioned Prometheus as an example, with Holloway getting bumped out of his wave and Shaw taking his place to keep sales strong. They were afraid Holloway's figure would hinder sales and not allow other characters like Shaw and Vickers to get released. They're shuffling around figures to make sure the waves sell well and allow for more characters to be produced.