Predator fans, Any?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by wolverenz, Jul 10, 2011.

1. wolverenz

wolverenz Decepticon

News Credits:
    Hello, just want to know who's into collecting Predators here, I did start collecting Predator at first before, but when I started collecting TF's, I kinda stopped collecting Predators.

Now, I just got back into it, my recent purchase after 3 years is the Neca 18" Predator Open Mouth.

I kinda want to know what I have missed these past few years, so if anyone wants to give some advice what are the 'must haves' I would appreciate it.

Thank you!

-Renz :thumb 

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
  3. wolverenz

wolverenz Decepticon

News Credits:
  4. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I love the franchise [don't like "The Predators" much, though], and goddamn that musical version of Predator was epic [and quite catchy "If it Bleeds we can kill it!"].

But I don't collect toys. I collect...other things. *polishing a human skull*

5. wolverenz

wolverenz Decepticon

News Credits:
    @Overlord, that's interesting man, I want to see your collection. :D 

6. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

I love Pred toys and have all the old Hasbro/Kenner stuff... Not much of the new ones though.

Most of us Pred fans discuss stuff in the NECA thread, feel free to join in!

7. GingaMagnus

GingaMagnus Civilized Enforcer

I sure am a pred fan. The only predator movie i'm missing is predator two.

8. wolverenz

wolverenz Decepticon

News Credits:
    do you collect the figures also?

9. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

Fun series. One of my minor regrets of toy collecting is not nabbing the Microman AvP figures back in '04 or so when the movie was out. Those things are expensive now.

But at least there's Revoltech! Course it means it's out of scale for my GI Joes and all, but they're great toys still.

10. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just started collecting these. Picked up the clear one at TRU about 2 months ago. This past weekend I picked up the warrior predator from TRU and I have the masked classic predator coming from amazon this week .
    [​IMG]

11. DroidsBane

DroidsBane Bonkles FTW

I got a Helmeted jungle Pred, No helmet City Hunter and Big Red.

12. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    nice. I plan on picking up the big red and falconer predator next payday.

13. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Been randomly collecting Predator stuff since the Kenner days. I have a few of the newer ones, but the general lack of variation kind of turned me off to them.
    Some of my figures are:
    Numbered clear 12" Mego Predator
    Japanese vinyl model from P:2
    ALL Kenner releases and mail-aways
    ALL McFarlane releases
    TrU AvP 2-pack
    Really old pewter 'hunters' miniatures
    Micromachines sets
    Original hard vinyl figure designed by Bowen

14. mandiprime97

mandiprime97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm a Predator fan myself, saw all the movies. Don't have any figures (yet).

15. Giga Leo

Giga Leo I know and you know...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had just about every Kenner Predator that hit mass release way back when, I kind of wish the Neca figures had the removable mask gimmick.
    I've seen the Neca Preds on the shelves but didn't pick them up because they looked a little lacking in articulation, but seeing recent reviews of the newer guys sporting amped up jointing made me snag Big Red. Still have to open him, but he looks promising.
    Of course, the nostalgia bug in me really hopes that once they hit the remaining Predators on their list that they go back and do some Kenner homages. I'd love to see them tackle the Clan leader, Night Storm, and Lava Planet Preds.

16. Fuzzybluedemon

Fuzzybluedemon Well-Known Member

I don't understand this mentality at all. The Kenner stuff was cool for its time, but it was all completely made up. The stuff Neca is doing now is completely accurate to almost every unique Predator design put to film so far, how do people find them to all be the same? I mean, all humans are the same, in that we have arms legs and heads with eyes and noses. Stuff like skin color, facial features and clothing are what make us different, just like these Preds... Anyone missing out on owning the whole lost tribe is truly making a mistake, as a Predator fan. They seriously have a lot of character, and a ton of articulation, and look great all posed together! I have all of them they have made so far, and i am greatly looking forward to Dutch in the next wave.

17. Brakescream

Brakescream F&@king Twist Ties!

News Credits:
    This is true of any Neca Pred released before Predators. They had softer plastic, odd poses and articulation not worth a damn. I bought Wolf because he's awesome, but the figure was disappointing.

then I bought Falconer (because he's awesome) and the difference is night and day. Better quality plastic, neutral default pose and plenty of articulaton to display him however you like. The only other recent one I bought was masked Classic (yup, awesome) and it seems to be even better. The paint job and weathering on the mask is superb. I wouldve liked it to be removeable. Especially as Neca have made this decision clearly to sell more variants, but at least it means it won't fall off.

I'm not interested in picking up loads of them. If I see them cheap, I could be tempted by Tracker + hound and it's almost worth buying stealth Falconer just for the accessory, but I don't really need the background ones, and I was never a fan of Berserker, I wanted Falconer to be the lead Pred in that pack.

18. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    While I do agree that the new ones look good and are worthy additions to a collection, I tend to be more selective since the Predator line isn't my primary collecting focus. I'll get the more unique figures, so not having a full clan is fine with me.

Personally, I wish they'd do retail releases of book characters like Machiko, Dachande and even some females. Background Preds are okay, but characters interest me more.

19. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

I would kill for Machiko done by NECA.I'm just trying to complete the lost tribe and then i can call it done.I got a Microman version and it was smaller than i thought.

20. Giga Leo

Giga Leo I know and you know...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm glad to hear the articulation and overall figure quality seems to be on the upswing, makes me glad I picked up Big Red. I guess the only down side is that they're probably not going to go back and update Predators they already hit. The Berserker Predator is actually one of my favorite designs, I really dug the dog-like mask and his look even without the mask.

I'm a fan of both the Neca and Kenner stuff, but I can see how at first glance it's easy to confuse the Neca Predators. Even though they're impressively accurate, they share a lot of similarities not immediately visible to the untrained eye. I suffered from that myself (even though I've seen the movies quite a bit) and have only recently really started picking up on the differences and putting designs with names and movie appearances.
    The Kenner line, though made up, had to make each figure really stand out and I think they did that well. I loved a lot of the design choices and would love to see them pop up again... but I do tend to err towards the louder designs with most of the lines I collect.

Hot damn, totally agree! I'd pick up a (hopefully highly pose-able) Machiko in a heartbeat! There's a pretty nice custom of her over on the Fwoosh.

Randomly, I tweeted Neca asking if they had plans to revisit the Predalien and the answer was no. :(  Too bad.