Predaking @ the office

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Thundersmacker, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Thundersmacker

Thundersmacker More then meets the lie

The other day I used Predaking as the ideal example of teambuilding in a management course.

The Idea of the course was working via s.m.a.r.t. principles. (Won’t bother you with the definition) @ The end of the course we had to envision our primary objectives and required/desired competences/skills/abilities in a cube. We had to select a picture for every side of the cube.
    First I just wanted transform my cube into an Energon cube, symbolizing power, energy, possibility & the ability to change/transform @ will etc, etc..
    I discarded this idea because it seemed to abstract.

Then I thought a gestalt could very well represent team-building, the chain of command and the principle of the weakest link. (the other 5 sides featured, Obama, Alexander the Great, Cern, Sub-prime, half-empty/full wine glass)
    PREDAKING was the obvious choice to represent these ideas. My choice proved wise, Predaking struck a chord during presentation. Some people even enthusiastically called out: Transformers!

The little Transformer obsessed boy in me felt pleasantly warm and energized. What if? I could share this positive Energon and inspire people to Transform their lives and daily work into truly energizing activities. What if? I could be a Manager Prime or a GuruTron.

NOT!

Anyways Predaking obviously Rules even with non-Transformer fans.
    Therefore I think the Predacons deserve their own animated series called: GO GO PREDACONS! An entirely gestaltfocussed transformerseries dealing with the heroics of the Predacons.

2. enkidoamark

enkidoamark Well-Known Member

That's awesome. I have a display case full of TFs in my office (i work at a DA's office), so I get to talk about how big a dork I am on a regular basis. I've never integrated it into my work, though. I see myself trying a case where the Defense is trying to get off on an insanity plea. During closing arguments I play "webworld" (g1 s3) and say "ladies and gentlemen, the defendant isn't insane- Galvatron is insane!" yeah......it could work.

3. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    that is so cool! :) 

4. KnightSaberAmi

KnightSaberAmi Nyan Nyan

Better yet it could be called the "Galvatron Defense"

Your Honor, Mr. Smith has been incarcerated and remanded to many fine penal and mental institutions in our great country and all our fine resources have failed to institute any kind of change in the mental capacity of the accused...

5. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Very cool example! If it was me I might use Voltron instead, but still so cool.

6. CURAMEN

CURAMEN LOS ANGELES COLLECTIVE

News Credits:
    You rule!!!

7. enkidoamark

enkidoamark Well-Known Member

Once in a college speach class (12 years ago-damn, when'd I get that old?) I gave a speech on how awesome Transformers were and that Power Rangers were just a crappy knockoff of Voltron.

8. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ooo...you might have tugged a few nerve strings there...haha. I like both anyhow, but Voltron has so much more class.

On-topic, I hope that I'll be able to use TF examples in the future, haven't gotten the opportunity yet.

9. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

News Credits:
    I've used Transformers for school stuff alot. For a speech on how to do something, I taught the class to draw Bayverse Optimus Prime. I even gave two pictures out to these girls. :D  For a biology project on buffalos, I used BW Bonecrusher. For Liturature class on fake newspaper articles, I made what became the inspiration for my Transformers Tribune here.

10. kllrwlf

kllrwlf Well-Known Member

If you could incorporate them into your work... your purchases can be written off as a business expense!!! :)