Heavy/Scratch: Predaking attempt- Head Strong w.i.p. pics-9/26/08

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Conundrum, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Conundrum

Conundrum Dabbler of the arts

Ebay:
    Well, I normaly do not post w.i.p.s but in this case, I've made an exception. This will be my first superly heavily modified combiner custom, so I may need some tips. I forewarn that progress on this is going to be sloooow as I'm in college and only go home on weekends. It would be frowned upon if I decided to use a dremel tool and a soldering iron in my dorm room.

I've been itching to do a combiner for some time after seeing the masterpieces that Frenzy_Rumble, Ptivite, Redline, and others have made. But I wanted to do somthing different, unique. That's why my choices are as follows:

Rampage: Jungle Fury Red Ranger, much in the same vein as Shinobitron's

Divebomb: Jungle Fury Bat Ranger with heavy mods and added wings from the original falcon megazord(this choice may change)

Tantrum: Wild Force Black Bison Ranger Transformer

Headstrong: Wild Force Black Bison rhino transformer (figure is almost near the work stage at this point in time. Should be finished completely this weekend.)

and

Razorclaw: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Deluxe Tigerzord. The proportions will be decent, as all of the above are deluxes. No waist attachment will be needed from Primus or Unicron as the leg halves fold upwards. Plans are already made to add joints.

Due to the physical appearance of the 4 limbs, they will need de-humanified. All figures will need joints and articulation needed.

Overall, this is going to take awhile.

Feel free to offer suggestions.

*UPDATE 9/26*

Here's the w.i.p. pics of Head Strong. He still needs another arm and the beast mode hind legs attached. Picked up the base for Rampage, Tigerzord arriving on Monday. Still need to get the other two figures.

Attached Files:

2. AE Overlord

AE Overlord AE Legend

Ebay:
    I like the concept and the Tigerzord as razorclaw seems to fit, but I wonder if the hind legs will need to be modified some due to their thickness compared to the figures your planning to use as the legs. Any chance we could see a mock up of what you have so far?

3. Conundrum

Ebay:
    Well, I have 2 out of the 5 figures. Still need to pick up rampage, tantrum, and divebomb. Im at college and everything else is at my house, so no pics until the weekend, sorry.

4. Conundrum

Ebay:
    W.i.p. pics of Head Strong are up. Still has quite aways to go yet.

5. AE Overlord

AE Overlord AE Legend

Ebay:
    Good start. You might save yourself some time replacing some features like the PR heads for preexisting TF heads. You might be able to use other arms as well to replace those missing limbs and add more articulation. good luck with this.