Predaking, am I being paranoid?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rattrap, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As some of you may know, I recently scored a reissue Predaking off ebay. The seller said that I could make 2 payments if I wanted, because I didnt have enough cash at the time. I sent the final payment over a week ago, and the seller said that he didnt recieve it yet. Should I be worried, I sent a casheirs check, and the other payments that I made the same day have been recieved, and I recieved one of the items already. Do you think its mabe lost in the mail, or something. Hes just one state away from me, so he should have gotten it by now. I told him I could provide pics of the reciept as proof that I sent the payment, and am awaiting a response from him. Man, I hope Im not getting scammed, thats alot of money I spent on this.

2. Prowl2000

Prowl2000 Keep it sealed

Ebay:
    CHeck with the bank you got the check from as they should be able to tell you if the check has been cashed or not.

3. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just run a check on the check to see if it was cashed..

If was then drive over and kick his ass...

4. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    If the check hasn't been cashed, I believe you might be able to put a "stop payment" on it. Then you could get your money and get another check. I'm pretty sure you can do this, because I have done so with a regular check.

you may want to give a little more time...how's the sellers' feedback?

5. Rattrap

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The seller has all positive feedback, except for 2 neutral. Ill wait until monday and see if he recieves it, then Ill put a stop payment on it, and get another one.

6. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I'd still make a trip to the bank before then and see if it's been cashed. If not only to ease your mind a little. Good luck, bud

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, I wouldn't wait myself, I'd check it out ASAP. If it's gone astray, you can tell him that, and then offer to either cancel it and send a new one or to let him wait a bit longer if he would prefer.

That way, it's in his court, and no-one can accuse you of not doing your part to resolve things.

8. Rattrap

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok, I did what you said, and Im going to the bank tomorrow to see if it was cashed or not. Thanks. :) 

9. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

no you arent being paranoid. When it comes to your paper. you can never be to paranoid.

10. Severus

Severus Curmudgeon TFW2005 Supporter

I feel your pain - I hate sending money in any form through the mail. I normally avoid auctions that don't accept paypal. The one time I gave in I sent a money order priority mail with signature service. You can look it up online to verify if it's been received yet, and it's not too much.

11. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

For a sec there I thought the topic was directed to me. LOL.

You should have sent the check with certified mail with return receipt. Like others said check to see if its cashed and if you are waiting too long then put a stop payment on it, send another one and this time send with verification.

12. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

He'll probably recieve it right after it's cancelled lol
    that's how my luck would have it.

Most of the time they're honest sellers, it's just almost impossible to see the honest side to them when the communication on their part is lacking.

13. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I don't blame you. I've only been ripped off once, which sucked, but at least it has not happened in over 4 years. Anyway, I used to not mind if the seller accepted Paypal or not, until I moved 4 months ago, and now, I refuse to buy from any seller that does not accept PP unless it is an item that is rarely on ebay.

14. Rattrap

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok, I havent heard from him in about 24 hours, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt, and say that he hadnt had time to get to check his messages yet. Another thing that made more nervous, I heard from Megamus today, that a payment that I sent him, had the envelope torn open, and searched through for money, but he did get the payment. I think Im going to go the the bank, and see it it was cashed yet, and if it wasnt, Ill cancel it, and send a new one. If any one has any advice, please LMK before 3:00 central time, because thats when Im going to the bank, and its 2:15 right now.
    Thanks
    Joe

15. Rattrap

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    *sigh* Stupid ebay, didnt show me my messages. They were sent to my email. Apparently he may not have recieved the first payment yet, so I just asked him to call me, and we will figure it out from there.

16. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Should of sent it a method that was trackable. It once took over 2 weeks for a Money order to make it to the next city thats 5 hrs away.

17. Rattrap

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok, I talked to him on the phone, and I feel reassued now. He said that I should cancel the check (which I will do anyways) and then I will have someone paypal it to him. Thanks everyone for your help, I guess I was worried for nothing. :) 

18. Rattrap

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    LOL, I just talked to him again, he said that he would include some of the combiner limbs that I need with the Predaking. This guy is really a cool guy. For those interested his ID is ganetic :) 

19. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I agree. Check it out ASAP! You never know what could have happen dude and if the seller is "honest", it gives you a chance to clear things up.