Predacons vs Terrorcons (non combined)

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Blitzwing2008, May 7, 2010.

?

Predacons or Terrorcons (uncombined)

Poll closed May 27, 2010.
  1. Terrorcons

9 vote(s)
    34.6%
  2. Predacons

18 vote(s)
    69.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Blitzwing2008

Blitzwing2008 DJD

Ebay:
    Who would remain on top?

2. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Im gonna say MOnsters would win.

3. Shockwave 75

Shockwave 75 Master of the Rules.

The Preds would win because they actually know how to function as a team, one efficient unit. Which is actually quite rare among Decepticons.

The Terrorcons are just brutes, I'd even go so far as to say they could be out smarted by the Dinobots!

4. MaxGoof

MaxGoof Preordained Soul

News Credits:
    Predacons would rip the Terrorcons to shreds. They're larger, stronger, and more intelligent.

5. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Granted Abominus is dense as a post...

...but this is about individual team members.

Hunn Gurr is nearly as intelligent as Razorclaw. The rest of the Terrorcons range from average to below average, to just plain dense (Blot)

On the other hand, Divebomb and Razorclaw are the only Predacons who're in the upper range when it comes to intelligence. Headstrong isn't too bright, or co-operative, Tantrum is none too bright, and Rampage scores very low here.

Predacons may still win, but it might be a bit closer than some would think,.

6. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Preds.

7. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Lucifer's children TFW2005 Supporter

Haha, I agree.

8. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Wrong on almost all counts.

A]we dont know if the Predacons are larger.True the toys are bigger but toy scale has nothing to do with the size of the characters.

B] All the Predacons either have an 8 of a 7 in strength.At least 2 of the Terrocons out match all the Predacons while the other 2 are fair matchs.Only 1 terrorcon is weaker.

C] Only 1 of the Terrorcons has a low intelligence ranking.The rest are either equal or greater to the intelligence of the Predacons.

9. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

Yeah, go look at the stats. The Terrorcons are very nearly twinked out in terms of those. The entire team is almost ludicrously powerful as individuals. Hun-Grrr was quite a point of contention in the big tournament thread, but even at the lower values we decided on, he was only slightly less powerful than your average faction leader.

Hmm...do we have a Combaticons versus Terrorcons thread yet? Now that would be difficult to call.

- Coeloptera

10. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Agreed.

11. Shockwave 75

Shockwave 75 Master of the Rules.

Sorry, I go by how they were depicted in the cartoon. And there the TCons made the Dinobots looks like Rhodes Scholars.

The Preds function best as a unit, and that's why Predaking is so lethal. The Preds may have animal alt/modes, but they don't act like animals. The TCons both look and act like monsters.

And if you guys are getting these stats from the old tech specs, I wouldn't. They are hardly reliable or consistent in their rankings.

12. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Well even in the toon the Predacons werent what I would call a "brain trust".
    As a matter of fact they pretty much did act like animals in the toon.

Easy to provoke, unmotivated.

Yes they acted well as a unit...relying on animale instincts.
    Thats funny.

I'm not trying to sound rude, but even with the few issues the tech specs may have......they were a million times more reliable and consistent then the cartoon depictions ever were.

13. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

The Call of the Primitives, stupid as it is, contradicts your point. That episode makes no sense on any level, but you did say that you go by the Cartoon.

I agree that as you get later into G1, the Tech Specs aren't as good as the earlier years... but they are not only the best, most consistent, most quantifiable measure of TF abilities and such... but it's also important to remember that they are the SOURCE of all things G1.

Any differences with the characters as described in the Specs must be considered a deviation, a derivative permutation. Certainly other sources may be considered canonical... but if the various canonical materials were arranged as a pyramid, the Tech Specs would be at the top. :) 

Thank you. :) 

I agree with Coleo and Sto... this would be a tough fight. I think Predaking outclasses Abominus, but as component bots, the Terrorcons are surprisingly good, and the Predacons are surprisingly... average.

There's also a bit of misconception to cut through on both teams. The Terrorcons are not imbeciles (well, Blot is...), though they could probably benefit from a team psychologist. But then... so could the Technobots. :) 

Also, the Terrorcons are sort of an unknown. They never had long profiles published, and their Specs bios are among the most insubstantial and poorly written to be found in G1. It's hard to get a grasp on who they are.

As for the Predacons, there's no real discussion of how well they work as a team, but we can see hints in their bios. Divebomb is aloof and hates his comrades. Razorclaw barely interacts with others. Tantrum and Rampage are berserkers who are as feared by their comrades as they are by enemies. Headstrong is stubborn and insubordinate. They do not seem like a "well-oiled machine"...

Also, contrary to the notion that they are all "master hunters", the Predacons are actually about as subtle as a marching band... uh, with guns. They're TERRIBLE hunters. Razorclaw is the only one on the team with anything resembling patience or focus (and a surplus, at that) which if you were inclined to read into it, might explain Predaking's intense awareness but utter lack of impulse-control.

Some teams seem to be defined by a particular trait. The Combaticons are very much a "Skill" team. The Terrorcons are totally an Endurance team (excepting Rippersnapper), and Cutthroat's tendency to over-exhaust himself through hyperactive exertion. They are also all pretty strong, skilled, and carry decent firepower.

The Predacons... as a team, they don't really seem to have a particular specialty. They're generally good all around, but without a clear focus. 3 of them are pretty strong with 8 STR (Razorclaw, Tantrum, Rampage). Rampage, Tantrum and Headstrong have 9, 8, 8 Firepower respectively. They aren't pushovers, but they don't dominate.

Now, I've been well-documented in the past as a strong proponent of the "round Hun-Grr's inflated stats DOWN a half point", but it's true that even at the lower ranks, he's a force to be reckoned with. Still, comparing him with Razorclaw, I think the battle would be far from conclusive. Razorclaw is smarter and a bit more skilled, Hun-Grr is a bit stronger... but I think it would be a good fight. :) 

Matching the other team members up, I think you get similar results. Both teams have their tanks and their psychos and their imbeciles. I honestly wouldn't want to bet on the outcome.

But I do like the Predacons better... so I might just vote for them on that basis alone. :D 

zmog

14. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Your welcome.

15. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Terrocons in an extremely close finish.

16. Blitzwing2008

Blitzwing2008 DJD

Ebay:
    i like both teams a lot n wat you guys are sayin its goin 2 b a close 1 but im a fan of dragons n other monsters ill go wit the terrorcons but it still would b a tough fight between them

17. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

The terrorcons do seem to have surprisingly high stats all around not just with HG which I feel is a little odd but that said the Predacons have been insanely blow up by the fandom and some comics to be the perfect transformers team. So terrorcons are either miss prints or just plain silly stats and the preds are over hyped... so I just can form a clear enough opinion to vote in this one.

Combined the preds would probably take it.

18. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Yeah, the Terrorcons are the product of a time when the stats started to get a bit more inflated in general... so that could be seen as a factor. The Predacons have always been a bit misrepresented, particularly in their team thematic (much like the Technobots). They're more like shock troopers, not a special forces team.

But even after all that, I don't see either team with a strong advantage one way or the other. I'm not sure if there is a clear tipping factor. So it's really a toss-up.

zmog