Minor/Repaint: Predacon Rogue Megatron: Cybertron Form

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Unicron9, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Unicron9

Unicron9 Fan and customizer of the TAWYS

In the Fall of Cybertron game, the dinobots were created on Cybertron millions of years before the war on Earth. In G1, the same Dinobots were made on Earth, but no matter what continuity you go by, there were already dino and beast bots way before the Beast Wars characters timeline, which is roughly 300 years after the Great War.

Although in the first episode of Beast Wars, the bots seemed new to their beast bodies and even their names, I assume that was just something the writers didn't think out well. They were already maximals (like animals) and Predacons (like predators), with the symbols of a cat and a bug, and normally a new form doesnt change a transformer's name, even after millions of years and lots of body changes.

I have never seen good reason to assume the Beast Wars characters were ever cars or jets back on Cybertron, but most custom figures of them in cybertronian forms, and even a comic book I read, depicted them as vehicles. To me that just doesn't make a lot of sense.

The point is- The Predacon rogue from cybertron known as Megatron, descendant of the original Megatron, could have easily had a T-rex-like beast alt mode before the crash on earth. That's why I am calling this Pre-Beast Wars Megatron's cybertronian mode.
    Yeah,I know... "Why would Megatron take on a T-rex form on Earth if he was already a T-rex?"
    Easy to answer though. They had to take on new beast forms with organic living tissues covering them for protection from the enegon build up issue.

I kept his colors roughly the same as his first T-rex form on earth (BW S1), explaining why he was a purple T-rex in BW, and for nostalgic purposes.
    To me, this figure has always struck me as a cybertron form. I enjoyed fleshing out that idea a bit more here.

The plan was to make him look as factory as possible, but I did end up giving some areas a bit of ink washing to bring out details. All ugly screw holes were filled before painting.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. lordTERRORSAUR

lordTERRORSAUR Predacon

One word man epic. I am a true fan of bw megs this is great

3. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It looks great, though a little too dark a purple for me, that said looking at pictures online it's pretty damn close to what was on screen as opposed to the original toy.

4. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    That looks dangerous.

5. Slipstreamer 8

Slipstreamer 8 Well-Known Member

u my friend are a fuckin GENIUS !!!!!!!!!!!

6. Spurt Reynolds

Spurt Reynolds Puppet Show Justice!!

Man i love this figure & you did a fantastic job!

7. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    That's so amazing! And good point about the backstory too! It makes more sense!

8. vrba79

vrba79 Well-Known Member

Nitpick here. If it's a Cybertron form...why is it of an Earth dinosaur?

9. Unicron9

Thanks!!

Thank you. The white background actually makes him come out just a tad darker in pics than he is in person. His main color actually almost matches the show perfectly. I used 4 different shades of purple though to bring out details without straying too far in color scheme.

lol thanks.

Thanks Spurt! Your recent version inspired me to buy this figure and try my hand at painting it.

I'm glad you agree! I know they even had botcon BW figures where they were vehicles, but I dont even think those count for much since they paint almost anything another color and call it another character.

I know I wrote a lot there man but... read the description.
    There were already earth dinosaurs on Cybertron for a long time before Beast Wars.

10. changepas39

changepas39 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's awesome!

11. Unicron9

Thanks. I went for a factory clean and shiny look. The goal was to give him better colors and more detail, but when he was on Ebay someone sent me a message telling me it sucked because the paint job was too simple lol. I took him off Ebay and decided to do more work to him when I am finished with some of my commissions.

12. Cycrolus

Cycrolus Herald of Primus

Ebay:
    I like this, it's bright and vibrant. I've always considered this Megs as eccentric. Buuuuut, I disagree for your reasoning behind the cybertronian form. The transformers underwent an upgrade to Maximal and Predacon. So in theory they could have had vehicular forms pre beastwars References: here and here.

13. Unicron9

I just read all of that and didn't really see anything saying for sure no maximals or preds had beast forms. Either way though, even if it is official cannon written somewhere that they were in fact vehicles (which it probably is), I'm just saying that doesn't make a lot of sense. Even if they all changed their names when they got to earth for the Beast Wars (which they didn't because Depthcharge knew Primal as Primal among other things that sound like they had the same names on cybertron) it still seems weird that they would be called maximals and Predicons with the cat and bug symbols before they were beasts and bugs.
    Also, again, The dinobots, Terrorcons, Predacons, some cassette minions, and lots more had beast forms even back in G1. Doesn't seem like a far stretch to me to think the BW bots could have already been beasts, and makes more sense, even if they had 3rd vehicle modes before.

14. Cycrolus

Cycrolus Herald of Primus

Ebay:
    Oh I'm not saying they were all vehicles I'm just saying that there could have been some. You had stated that "I have never seen good reason to assume the Beast Wars characters were ever cars or jets back on Cybertron, but most custom figures of them in cybertronian forms, and even a comic book I read, depicted them as vehicles. To me that just doesn't make a lot of sense." From what all I've read the Maximal upgrade was too consume less power which is what bigger bots did. The fleshy Beast form was something they supposedly only needed on earth to combat against the raw energon deposits. I personally despise Beast Wars and Machines for not getting their story straight before they started. There's so many errors in there. I think alot of the non beast modes for pre beast wars Max n Preds is because you often see them without beast forms in some of the comics and such. But then you have episodes like call of the primitives lol. Oh well these are the things we have to deal with when we love a product that a company owns that they just want to whip out the next gimmick to make money. All in all I love this peice and would like to see it replace the green one on my shelf.

15. Unicron9

Well I painted this guy shiny because he isn't supposed to be organic. Just a purple shiny metal cybertron t-rex. I didn't mean they must have all been beasts on cybertron either. In fact I did say at least the bw bots might have been beasts on cybertron, not all of them. If what I said doesn't make sense either, then I guess its like you said. They didn't get their story straight at all, much like G1, so I did this custom with the idea in mind of what i think makes more sense based on their symbols, names, and faction names suggesting pre-earth beast forms.
    Mainly I just thought "cybertron form" explained why this toy mold looks so much more robotic than he did in BW. :) 

16. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I like this take on ol' Megs :)  Great work as usual :thumb