Preacher on HBO????

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by misterd, May 22, 2006.

1. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=23395

I'd just about piss myself.

I've been asking for this for years. I know there have been talks on and off for years about doing a Preacher film (presumably Gone to Texas), and I've always thought it a bad idea. This isn't Sin City. Preacher is a long story to tell, and telling the first chapter just ain't right. But it would be ideal for a tv series, and given the nature of the material, there's only one channel I can see making it.

I figure, if they keep to the same general plot lines (obviously things need to be fiddled with for the television medium), they could put the equivilent of two comics in a single one hour episode. That would mean a single twelve episode season could likely cover 1-2 of the TPB, and the whole tale could probably be told in about 6 years. Lots of good side tales to tell too, if they felt like giving fans something to chew on between seasons...

2. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

wow, I cant think of a better possible destination for this.

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Oh man. I would SO watch that. Give it the same kind of atmosphere that Carnivale (easily the most underrated TV series I have seen in YEARS) had.

4. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Now that would be awesome. So long as it doesn't suck as bad as this season of the Sopranos.

5. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    ye-uh.

ive also heard of a BBC invisibles tv series.