Pre-TF ravage?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Jeremy.B, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just got a lot I won on Ebay in, and it had a brown metal ravage in a microcassette case with a paper insert that acted like cassette tape inserts, and had a "bio" of some sort. It could be a really early KO, but if it is, the quality is outstanding! Anyone have any idea? I am going to take pics once I get home. I know, I know...:useless 

2. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I think I have one of these, probably purchased in the vicinity of 1986-87. Sounds the same.

My own TF Ravage and other cassettes were suffering from extreme play-wear, so I bought this microman "Jaguar" figure (which at the time was pretty cheap as well), along with a blue cassette man (Frenzy) and condor (Laserbeak). They were individually carded, and came with the cassette case and insert, with their "stats" written on the inside of the insert.

I don't know if they were exported Microman figures from China, or just really high-quality KO's, but they certainly matched my Hasbro TFs for quality. My Jaguar was a really really dark brown, almost a charcoal black, so he matched Ravage well.

Still have him and Frenzy. Great shape because they were purchased late in my G1 TF-buying years.

zmog

3. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You know, after closer inspection, the name says "lionhead"

4. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I have it too, pretty sure it's a KO.