Pre-screener differences: warning spoilers ahead

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Optimus_Prowl, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Sablebot

Sablebot Autobot Media Scientist

Or, maybe the fact from jumpstreet that Bay and Lorenzo were among the 10 producers of BB. . .;)  They put Travis out front like he was running the show: typical PR move. . .

2. Digger

Digger ごはん は おかず

Twitter:
    Yeah I don’t get why you’d spoiler tag that. Heck why would you spoiler tag something in a thread that already has a spoiler warning?

3. Digger

Digger ごはん は おかず

Twitter:
    I thought the pods were just sent to random locations with little control. Like how would bee know what a forest is and if it’s uninhabited. It’s a nice thought but I’m not sure if it really works.

Yeah that seems about right.

4. Sagitta

Sagitta Nuetral

Personally saw that as what soldiers did when refusing to answer interregation questions: "name, rank, serial number".

• Like Like x 1
  5. MindChamber

MindChamber Multi-Media-Masta

It didnt feel lower quality to me, just different. He had a G1 face, but had loads of moving panels and intricate designs.. what turned me off was the fact they couldn't have give Bee a more similar face. It couldve been a hybrid of the two.

6. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I really wish they had come out and said this was a reboot.
    I was at Gamestop yesterday and I spoke with the manager about all the good movies that had come out this holiday season.
    He liked Aquaman. He liked Spider-verse. I asked him about Bumblebee and he said he was done with the "nonsense and explosions" of the Transformers films.
    I told him it was a reboot, they had started over and were telling a better story and he had no idea it was a reboot.
    Then another customer said he didn't realize it was a reboot either.

While I think "directionless mania" is a good way to describe the Bay films, I actually think Bay had a direction.
    I think that he was actively trying to ruin the Transformers.
    How many aspects of the film got worse?
    There is the overt sexualization of Megan Fox's underage character, to the explicit sexualization of Nicola Peltz's character because she is underage, followed by the sexualization of fourteen-year-old Isabela Moner.
    There is the fans' voicing their dislike of Optimus Prime's murderous behavior. Did Michael Bay listen? Yes. And he made Prime even more murderous.
    And then, in The Last Knight, there is Canopy, a Transformer who literally turns into trash.
    If that's not a metaphor for how Michael Bay views the franchise then nothing is.

Or completely forgets aspects of prior movies like Megatron becoming Galvatron, or Optimus having the destructive Seed with him when one movie ends, but no mention of it in the next movie.
    But I think my favorite is Bumblebee's being inexplicably immortal in The Last Knight. It appears that Bee just can't be killed -and it's not even mentioned, by anyone.

That's a valid point, to be sure.
    But it loses it's validity when the concept is revisited every single movie.
    And not only are there the historical aspects that happened off screen or in flashbacks, but there are also the events that we the viewer watched unfold that got changed.

There were three movies with Sam Witwicky.
    We, the viewers, watched Sam Witwicky discover The Transformers and have adventures with them.
    We went on that ride with him.

Then, in The Last Knight, we find out that Sam Witwicky and his whole family are the last surviving members of a society that has helped the Autobots for centuries.
    And that society is literally named after them, The Witwiccans.
    How is it for three movies no one involved acted like they knew they were members of The Witwiccans?
    Why didn't Sir Edmund Burton, or any of The Witwiccans, or any of the potentially hundreds of Autobots that have been on Earth for decades or centuries help during any of the other four movies?
    Optimus literally sends out a message to any Autobots that are listening at the end of every movie.
    None of the Autobots already on Earth responded?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sagitta

Sagitta Nuetral

And here I thought Generation 1 had continuity errors. The Bayformer movies have them beat.

• Like Like x 1
  8. VikingiGamer

VikingiGamer Student from Hong Kong

News Credits:
    I guess the Bayformers are really G1-accurate then.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Digger

Digger ごはん は おかず

Twitter:
    I mean they’re also accurate in terms of transformations that betray physics.

• Like Like x 1