Pre-screener differences: warning spoilers ahead

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Optimus_Prowl, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    Evidence of a reboot is strong.

The only real continuity issues are:

1. What is Sector 7 now in the reboot.

2. Why did Bumblebee crash right in front of them, it's a big planet. A small plot hole compared to anything Bayformers.

3. What is Starscream's angle listening the Shockwave on Cybertron? Yes, it is Starscream, he was focused on with Shockwave and Soundwave. I want to know what the chain of command is for the Decepticons.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Good questions. I’m curious as well.

2. I dunno, chance?

3. Yeah I’m really keen to know about that. I’m really hoping Shockwave is the boss marvel style, then you’ve got soundwave who’s a peg above starscream. Although I’m confident starcream is in charge of the seekers. At least thundercracker and skywarp.

3. WyldeBill

WyldeBill You will ride eternal. Shiny and chrome.

Ebay:
    I've had enough of the Bumblebee doesn't talk crap.

• Like Like x 9
  4. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah I don’t really care either. I just like saying things.
    Edit: shit I didn’t realise you were agreeing. Thanks.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  5. TommyHawk

TommyHawk Active Member

Agreed, the whole 'talk through the radio' schtick is old. I actually kinda liked him being voiced by Dylan 'Maze Runner' O'Brien.

• Like Like x 7
  6. Elanstration

Elanstration Illustrator of Iacon

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Low key want overzealous murderbee from the war for cybertron game back

• Like Like x 1
  7. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Lol yeah that was fun. I like how he’s toned down more in here though. Gives a nice divide in terms of character.

• Like Like x 1
  8. WyldeBill

WyldeBill You will ride eternal. Shiny and chrome.

Ebay:
    I liked the G1 toon arc when it was just a few characters and they went to the giant alien planet and gambled in the next episode. I think a concept like that with just a few characters would have worked better than this Johnny number five redux we got.

• Like Like x 3
  9. imranbecks

imranbecks Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Interesting. I'd love to see all the scenes that was removed from the first screener as some kind of bonus extras in the bluray...

• Like Like x 1
  10. MindChamber

MindChamber Multi-Media-Masta

Thank gawwwwwddd..
    Sadly it also means Travis is just another huge puppet.. and his "vision" for this movie was already dictated..

• Like Like x 2
  11. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

I’d really rather it was dictated than the bayverse shit.

• Like Like x 4
  12. MindChamber

Had that last bay movie made any money, we'd be seeing a very different movie right now.. I'd rather the director have an individual thought, and was a true G1 fan with clear intent... The movie, while enjoyable is flat because of it.. if there's a sequel maybe we'll see how much of a fan he really is.

13. drbeakman

drbeakman Well-Known Member

What about that implies he's a puppet? Did you watch any of his interviews, or read his open letter to the fans? He exudes love for G1.

Also, if the "powers that be" are the ones who dictated these carefully decided edits, isn't that a good sign that they are now forced to step away from the directionless mania that was the bayverse?

Do you have any better examples of giant sentient robots in a live action format as a reference? This is brand new territory, and I think "Flat" is a huge improvement and big step in the right direction over psychotic cynical mayhem. Also, once again, watch Knight's interviews and you'll see how enthusiastic he is about G1.

I wonder where all the A or even B list directors who love Transformers are at? Isn't it interesting how you cant find a "True G1 fan" who is also a competent director? Something a bit weird about that, no?

Before you say it, it's disingenuous to use "they're staying away because bayformers suck" as the reason, because that would be the perfect call to action for an ambitious director who loves TF to at least throw it out there that they're interested.

Yet... nope, nothing. This is why I am feeling really grateful someone as talented as Knight is around who actually demonstrates an interest in G1 and is pulling the aesthetic off wonderfully. So yeah ... Go Knight!

• Like Like x 9
  14. Sagitta

Sagitta Nuetral

Just saw the movie yesterday...and loved it. Thought it pretty much returned to the core of what Transformers were all about. Not just "humans & their pet robots", generic 2D villains, and little in-depth story line where the characters stagnated. Personally thought it was better than all the previous "Bayformer" movies. (Though did notice Bay was one of the producers.)

I gladly welcome new direction.

Not to mention the fighting scenes actually showed the Transformers use their transforming abilities within the skirmishes themselves. Not just as an afterthought.)

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 10
  15. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Well Transformers movies are not personal projects, of course there was dictation from Hasbro. Even Bay had to compromise for what the studio wanted sometimes, too, just like any director who ever works on a movie about someone else's property.

But, even with the excluded scenes and the new G1ish ones added in, the movie remains largely unchanged and you can see what kind of director Knight is and why he clearly understands a lot better than Bay about what we as viewers and fans want from these movies.

• Like Like x 4
  16. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    He retains a producer credit, probably due to it being contractual with Paramount as long as they keep making TF movies, but there's been no indication that he actively worked on this movie in any major capacity.

• Like Like x 1
  17. JokerFC

JokerFC Gaelic Hardcase

Ebay:
    very interesting......

• Like Like x 1
  18. MindChamber

I'm glad he went in this direction, I'm justjust saddened to learn that he initially didn't try to distance himself from the previous movies.. It's only after the fact. Which really means he had no say here , hence the puppet remark..So his interviews ring hollow for me.
    The guy is definitely competent.. but I still wish we had better.. Kubo was a beautiful movie , but it was souless story-wise... Brad Bird would've killed it, I'm sure he's a fan..
    Anyway Who we should really be proud of is us the audience..
    We changed the path for transformers, by not paying into that terrible last movie.. we finally control the strings.. I'm happy with that.

• Like Like x 1
  19. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    I wonder if the cut appliance scene was intended to be a reference to BotBots?

• Like Like x 1
  20. bman29

bman29 Dancitron

Ebay:
    Ultimately most directors are employees of the producers and the studios. Not many get free reign to do whatever they want, and even the ones who do, if they have one or two bombs get reigned in eventually because they’re higher risk. Travis Knight from an outward view did what he could within the confines he had to work in.

This movie while a good step in a different direction still suffered by being attached to the other movies. Because the evidence is there in the movie that it was originally intended to be a prequel and changed in the last quarter of its development.

But how The Bumbler movie does financially will dictate where the series will go from here and in what form. Also Paramount hasn’t exactly been setting the box office afire in recent years so it’ll be interesting what the future holds.

• Like Like x 3