Pre Rub Sticker Slag ? Help :)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by PrimulArchangel, Feb 13, 2009.

1. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey guys :) 
    I just got a G1 slag in the mail that i got in a trade. He came with his Box and shoulder launcher and such, almost complete.. I was looking him over and noticed that he does not have a rub sticker on him anyplace.. Now i looked up pics online of him and they all show the rub sicker on his back , but mine shows no sign of a sticker ever being there. If anyone has ever peeled off a rubby sticker from a junker they always left behind the black backing or some kind of sticky stuff and you were able to tell a sticker was in that spot..

This slag does not have anything in that spot and from the looks of it never has had anything there. So could this be a Pre Rub Slag ? Is there any other way to tell if he is pre rub? Are These Rare to find ? I havent been buying G1s in a long time so im kinda not up to date with everything so i thought i would post him here and ask.
    Thanks in advance :)  Here are some pics :) 

-Curt

Attached Files:

2. Blitzwing256

Blitzwing256 Triple changer

nothing from series 2 came without rub symbol, only series 1 figures came without rub symbols (and all of them other then bumblejumper come with/without rub)

rub symbols can be removed easily with no residue left, just takes a bit of care.

3. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah either this ones sticker fell of right out of the box or someone did a good job removing this one because the plastic is flawless , no signs of a sticker ever being on his back at all or signs of scrapes where they peeled it up, not even any sticky stuff in the creases. Or maybe it was one that got through and didnt have a sticker applied.. So i dunno lol. Glad to have a nice slag in my collection now . My Slag from childhood is in bad shape so its nice to have a near mint replacement :) 

4. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

a little wd-40 will completely remove any residue at all. congats on your Slag! looks sharp

5. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah i like him , looks nice on the shelf.. Just wanted to clear up something though . The person never said it was a pre rub or anything like that . It was just something i noticed while looking him over so i figured i would ask about it.