Pre Rub Starscream?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by neurosync, Mar 12, 2009.

1. neurosync

neurosync Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Basically... I had a Starscream boought for me for my ? birthday back in'th day. My parents obviously threw out my old toys against my will back then as i grew older. However i've always wanted a Starscream G1...

Just last week i won one on Ebay.. Won it for £18.50 all in.. with instructions, fists, landing gear etc.. just one of the larger missiles missing. *figured i could fetch later if need be from somewhere.*

Anyways.. to the point..

It has No Rub sticker... and it is stamped on the body with "Takara Co. Ltd. 1980,1983.Japan" and i've since read about this ol "pre rub" business...

Anyways.. its no biggy for me really as i have him now.. but i was just wondering if anyone could direct me to or give me some definitive info on "pre rub" starscreams and how to identify one.. and also to maybe identify if parts have been replaced. I had a short walk around via google and started a little reading on the subject but found not exactly enough for what i think i want to know. lol. Hence my prescence here now.

Muchos appreciated for you guys reading.
    Thanks.

2. neurosync

Ebay:
    Not even any posting to any information guys? I only want to know cos i want to read and learn about this... anyone?

3. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  4. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know the rub signs can come off transformers very easily.

5. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

The whole 1st year of TFs in 1984 had no rub signs. All my 84 bots are. The seekers you can tell if it really is pre rub by the wings. If the main wings fit FLUSH to the body, it's prerub. If they don't and there is a gap, it's from the next run.

6. neurosync

Ebay:
    Cheers for the responses.. and the "Variations" link got me confused as i went through it. lol. I've figured that maybe if I post some pics then that might mean that anyone here who has the obviously better idea can just jump in and say a yay or ney. I'm not really fussed either way as i've said before... i'm just interested.

Also included with the Jet were the instructions.. and i read somewhere about the "TM" or "R" above the "S" in Transformers... These instructions say "TM". The guy who i bought off claims that the whole Starscream etc was is all original and no parts replaced etc.

Anyways.. pics.. *don't laugh.. i know its not a minter.. lol*

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Check out that "mint" nose sticker... hahaaa... I actually noticed upon closer inspection that the wing decepticon stickers are purple and unless my eyes deceive me.. the raggy nose one looks blue?

No groove in canopy... hollowed out in rear fins... short flat wing stems... missile launchers have that little ring groove where the missile locks in... washer/spacer in mid joint area. Other than that i still have no idea what i'm babbling here... lol.

Anyways... I love the little swine... :D 

7. neurosync

Ebay:
    *bump* for fear i've had my post become lost in the pages :D