pre-rub AFA 80 Jazz subgrade B80 W85 F90

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Moonstreaker, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    SOLD!!!

[ebay]150180584391[/ebay]

This guy has no flap crease, UV protective case, and the tape dried up and fell off on one end.

2. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Nice one man. :D 

3. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

Hmm, that looks like one of the $329 jazz from trans_form couple weeks ago.
    I know AFA grade sealed on card figure, but does AFA grading tells you if the box tapes has been dried out?

4. Rend

Rend Decepticreep Killer

If this is one of the Jazzs that trans_form sold you could visibly see the tapes were dried out. I honestly doubt AFA took the tape into consideration seeing as the box could have been opened. The box scored an 80 so I'm sure the box is in pretty damn good condition even if the tape dried up. I'm sure they graded this as a MOSC figure, not a MISB figure.

5. Moonstreaker

Ebay:
    I was very annoyed that this one only got an overall of 80. The box is borderline 80/85, so the subgrade for the box only bothered me a little. But I think that should have been taken into account when giving the overall grade. I have seen plenty of TF's with subs of 85 90 90 that recieve an overal 90, so why couldn't I get an 85? Ah well...we all know that if there is one thing the AFA has mastered it's being inconsistent.

As long as all the contents are still sealed (bubble & bagged accessories) it doesn't matter if the tape has dried up. The only time you get hosed when the tape dries up is if the toy isn't sealed on an internal bubble. Then you can't get it graded.

6. Rend

Rend Decepticreep Killer

I agree most of the Jazzs that were sold by trans_form were in exceptional good condition. Considering this Jazz is 23 years old and the only flaw is some crappy dried up tape tells me that AFA are sometimes biased with their grading. Overall though I'm happy your Jazz scored at least an overall of 80. :) 

7. Rend

Rend Decepticreep Killer

btw Moonstreaker did you notice that you mispelled Jazz in your eBay auction title? You spelled it Jazzz, and that might be a problem when someone searches for Jazz on eBay. Your listing didn't come up when I searched Transformers Jazz.

Just wanted to give ya a heads up. ^_^

8. Moonstreaker

Ebay:
    I threw that Auction together in a rush before heading out to work. Thanks for catching that for me. :thumb 

9. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    You might want to mention in the description that the box is opened but the bubble inside is sealed. A buyer might assume that the box is sealed (since most AFA G1 cars are) and then be upset when they find out it's not. $900 is still a good price for it, even if the box isn't sealed.

10. Moonstreaker

Ebay:
    Pulled Jazz out of the bag and took pics of all sides. High resolution photos added to auction.

11. Moonstreaker

Ebay:
    SOLD!!!