Pre-order Tracking For "Transformers: War for Cybertron"

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Cryptwire, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    VGChartz - Please Take A Moment To Visit Our Sponsor

I found that site while looking for some data how "Transformers: War for Cybertron" is tracking as far as pre-orders are concerned. According to that chart, it is at number 20 by May 29, 2010, basing it on the pre-orders with the XBox360, and number 24 with the PS3... It seems that they keep updating their list every 7 days so the next update will be on June 5, 2010, which will be tomorrow, with about three more weeks to go until its wide-release.

But it still is a confusing ranking system to me though because it still divides the rankings by consoles, exactly like in Amazon.com, and this does not even include WFC sold in PC format. I mean is #20 in Xbox360 and #24 in PS3 good?? but, be that as it may, in the next three weeks, yeah, War for Cybertron will have a hell of a lot of catching up to do with the likes of Halo: Reach and Madden NFL and Call of Duty: Black Ops. will it have a chance of catching up?? not really sure about the nature of video game sales statistics, or is it pretty similar in nature to the statistics with movies??

anyway, at least with movies, everything is consolidated and gives you a clearer picture on who is really at the top, who is at second, third.... etc.... It does not divide the number of pre-order ticket reservations with regular theaters, IMAX, 3D, etc.... how could you even interpret this information if the data is segmented like that?? It would be a much clearer indicator if you took all the sales from all the consoles and the PC and then you add it all up and then base your rankings on the results... :/ the only plus with that site is, unlike the Amazon one, it is neater, more orderly, and less cluttery and seems to have the same format as Boxofficemojo has in their chart arrangement and you can easily read it which is good.

anyway, we will see tomorrow if anything has changed...

2. Cryptwire

News Credits:
    also, some points i'd like to add:

if you combined the unit sales of War for Cybertron for the PS3 and XBox360 according to that chart, unit sales is currently at 48,684.

Matt Tieger said that for a sequel to happen, he would like to see 6 million units sold... again, i don't have much knowledge with video game box-office and histories and patterns, but is that a realistic goal, seeing that the other names in that list, with probably the exception of "Halo: Reach" with 270,326 units pre-sold so far and with about 16 more weeks to go before its launch, are not even close to approaching 500,000?

3. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    well i know the first TF:Movie game sold over 3million copies [and that game sucked pretty bad :p ]

so...

here's hoping!

4. TFcollecterguy

TFcollecterguy Well-Known Member

I can see it almost reaching 6 mill in a while but, 6 mill is a heck of a lot!

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    vgchartz is famous for faking/guessing numbers. ignore them.

6. Cryptwire

News Credits:
    oh okay.... thanks for the tip.

7. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    6 million should be all that hard when you think outside the box. This game will be sold everywhere a PS3 is sold most likely, so that shouldn't be too hard of a feat to accomplish. Word of mouth and a continued media blitz will help this game in sales. It looks visually attractive, and the game-play looks pretty solid.

In the end, I think it’ll all come down to this who are still sitting on the fence or haven’t heard about the game yet: Do you like TPS? Do you like Robots? Do you like racing? Do you like flying? Do you like watching movies? Do you like co-op/mulitiplayer play?

If you answered yes to more than one of these, this might be a game for you.

8. Cryptwire

News Credits:
    yeah thats what i was thinking as well and i hope you're right. Matt Tieger saying that 6 million units, then a sequel can be made (i would pretty much like for this game to be really successful so the High Moon folks can do a sequel where the titans and gestalts can finally be playable). he and his team and Activision know a lot more with histories, trends, and patterns in the video game industry. but i would still like for it to top the charts when it comes out so Tieger can accomplish what Bay has accomplished with the live-action movies and, of course, bragging rights. let's hope.

9. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Whatever happens, I confident that this version of Transformers will sell the most games. And if it's as fun as it looks, I think the numbers will be very surprising.