Minor/Repaint: Pre-G1 cybertronic Optimus Prime Wip

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Christopher-2, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Christopher-2

Christopher-2 Well-Known Member

I don't know how long it's been since I put a project on radicons. This is a small project that is a work in progress, depending on if I find more things to add to it. I'm selling my War for Cybertron prime to a friend, so I needed a new pre-earth autobot leader, preferably one that looks like the precursor to the Gen 1 prime. Starting with a trashed g2 prime, I had to hide or remove the more earthly elements of the toy to make it look like it came from Cybertron. Armada Prime's chest went over the grill and tredbolt/Jetfire's guns replaced his smokestacks. They can still pop right off to become one weapon, so Optimus will never be caught unarmed. I must admit It looks a lot like armada prime now, only clunkier, but that's how I want it. Oh, and his head moves.

Attached Files:

2. spoonman

spoonman Kitbasher extrordinaire!

I think it's kidna cool looking. Good idea.If you want to furthur remove the "earthlyelements I'd add some skirts to the front tires/forarms and change out the rear tires for tome treads of the same size.

3. shinobi77

shinobi77 Fatbastard

Ebay:
    I'd agree, in the g1 comics, he was a big box with a big gun on top IIRC.

4. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    thats cool.....I like how he finally has a matrix. I think spoonmans suggestions are spot on for putting this over the top. Tank tread would be full on awesome

5. convoymagnus

convoymagnus Yeshua Is Mashiach.

Ebay:
    This is very cool, I always thought has/tak should had done this, remolding the g1 toys to make a pre-earth version. And as suggested before, You should add some kind of caterpillars instead of the rear wheels.

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think you've already gotten some really good suggestions so far, but I really like the concept of this and how you went about it. I like how you kept the oldskool Japanese toy vibe to Optimus, even with adding the Armada parts. While we only got a handful of Cybertronian designs in the cartoon (though DON's designs on WW attempted to fill that void), I've always wanted to see more from what we did get (and what we didn't). I really feel that this custom is on the right track in that regard. Thanks for sharing :thumb 

7. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    i love it. very creative idea that i would love to see more of. unlike many modern takes on pre earth tfs his has the kind of look that they would have used in the old marvel/sunbow stuff.

good work.

8. Christopher-2

Christopher-2 Well-Known Member

Thank you all for the comments and suggestions, I will surely consider them as I work on this guy. I'm just excited to have a figure to match my idw cybertronian Megatron custom I did over a year ago.

9. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Love it all it needs now is some tank treads on the back

10. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I love the "Convoy" plate.

11. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    Looks good, take the suggestions others have given and seriously think about implementing them, if you do, you will have one amazing custom on your hands.