Digibash: Pre Eath Scorponok

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Admiral Lilwall, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Admiral Lilwall

Admiral Lilwall Lilwall Leader

Just a quick and careless recolour. Ideally, his shoulderpad, head and cannon would be black as well.

I figure his day job being that of an asteroid miner, with alchemy being what he gets up to when not clocked in, until Megatron found him and gave him a better offer.

Attached Files:

2. ssg4life

ssg4life Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    not a bad idea

3. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

That actually would have been a pretty good idea for that BW Botcon set they did a few years back.

4. OhSlag!

OhSlag! Well-Known Member

I am actually trying to put together the rest of the Darksyde and Axalon crew that was not part of the Botcon sets and this is an amazing idea!

SO far I have Cybertron Ransack GTS as Tarantulas (based on his appearance in the 'theft of the golden disk' video. I'm still looking for a figure to make Terrorsaur based on his appearance in the Timelines comic and NOT the video. Didn't like his appearance in the video.

But this idea is awesome and i may have to get it done!

5. Altitron

Altitron Commercial Artist

Ebay:
    I'm doing the same. I like this Scorponok here, but I'm using the Shortround mold (the hovercraft). For Terrorsaur, I used an Obsidian figure (see attached). I've got figures to turn into Tigatron and Depthcharge, also. I'll get around to them eventually. It's always fun to share mold choice ideas. :) 

- Alty

Attached Files:

6. Admiral Lilwall

i actually don't like the chosen models for nearly all of the pre earth BW guys,

Primal - Not too bad. If I could work out a way to make Movie Stockade/Gears more cybertronian in vehicle mode, then I'd rather their mold instead.

Rattrap - Meh, just doesn't feel right to me, I'll pick something else out eventually.

Cheetor and Tigatron - UGH, NO.

Airrazor - Not too bad,

Rhinox - Hm.. I think if he didn't have the scoop, he would work as an all terrainer vehicle. Its overall not too bad.

Megs - Don't like the giant cannon, it bugs me, but otherwise not too bad I guess.

Waspy and Scorp - No way. WAY too earth like. I'm repurposing rotf KnockOut as pre earth waspy. Gonna give him translucent blue wheels and some serious bashing to make him more cybertronic in alt mode. Who says he HAS to be a flier before earth? Those kinda notions are rediculous.

Terry - Don't like the video version at all, or the comic one for that matter.

Tarry - The bike idea isn't too bad, but i dunno that i like it enough to want to keep it.

Dinobot - wrong wrong wrong wrong. yes, the head works, but no, nothing else does. come on, a construction vehicle? with a giant mega super huge claw arm? nope, don't see it. I'm gonna use animated/movie lockdown instead. ditch the stupi hook hand thing and give him two real hands, and work a way to make his car mode more cybertronic

mmm that turned into a ramble, just my thoughts.

glad some of ya liked my scorpy idea :) 

7. Admiral Lilwall

ooo i nice terrorsaur there Alti, i dunno what i'm gonna make mine yet. i'm not one for the whole "he was a bird, so make him a jet" mindset. There isn't a damn thing that says thats how things HAVE to go.

I recall in one episode he said something to the effect of "Hunting from the air with automatic weapons, now thats a sport!" which always made me wonder if BW was his first flying form

8. Altitron

Altitron Commercial Artist

Ebay:
    I can understand. I don't mind Waspinator's mold in that box set, but Terry as a jet also I know I didn't like. I wanted something that could fly, but in a completely different way than a plane. So I went with the helo, which I think compliments Waspinator very well.

- Alty

9. ssg4life

ssg4life Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    depth charge from cyb soundwave and rampage from cyb menasor