Pre E-hobby Overcharge KO????

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Deceptigtar, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    EDIT: Newer posts have revealed the answer, not as crazy as I though.

So I have had this KO set for 4 years that my girlfriend got me from some fair. I used to have an E-hobby Overcharge and recently parted with it. So today I was bored and was looking at these guys and finally decided to bust it open, upon transforming the Blitzwing I was like huh, this is almost like Overcharge.

Upon inspecting it more, it is exactly the same stickers, except the KO says triple on the wings and where the metalic should be on the stickers are white. Other than the face being different as well as the cockpit and no diecast parts, it is really close. Even the same weapons and there is gold chrome on the tank alt. mode.

But thing is, I got this set before Overcharge was even released. So I am not sure if they knew of the Overcharge and were able to KO it before release or E-hobby pulled influence from it, but just thought this was pretty interesting and crazy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Melkava

Melkava Well-Known Member

Ehobby Overcharge was based on the diaclone colors in the first place, what you have now is a KO based on the original diaclone.

3. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Lucifer's children TFW2005 Supporter

My first and last KO was Superion, the same box of yours, the quality is shit.

4. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i did not know that. that pretty interesting as well. thanks for the info.

5. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Since Overcharge is (loosely) Blitzwing's Diaclone color scheme, I'd assume the KO makers just based it on that.

EDIT: Gah, you people are fast. :lol