Pre-Beast Wars Names?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Archforce, Oct 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Yeah, it was... :lol 

2. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Didn't know that. Interesting.

3. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I've been thinking... what if BW Dinobot was originally an Autobot? Specifically Slash from Power of he Primes. They added a sixth Dinobot in the G1 style that just happens to have the same beast mode and would explain why he named himself after an Autobot subgroup. Maybe he was designed as sixth Dinobot some time after G1 ended with a more intelligent mind than the previous Wheeljack creations and he just switched sides being sick of taking orders from Grim lock. Then at some point the original five got killed and even though they disagreed he still considered them friends and took the groups name as his own to honor them.

Slash seriously looks like a G1 styled BW Dinobot, he matches the others designs but still retains that raptor beast mode.

Also while I'm on the subject I always wandered why Dinobot got repainted into BW Grim lock and not Megatron. At least if they repainted Megatron he'd still be a T-Rex. The other Dinobots got to keep their original beast modes... except there was no Beast Wars mold for Sludge... though they could of used Long rack and remolded the beast parts to make them look like a brontosaurus instead of a garaff. Same basic shape, four legs, long neck, but he would be the only remold. I think there was also two others who weren't based on G1 Dinobots but I can't remember what they were. But yeah there were six BW Dinobots.

The main reason I brought them up is I just think it would be cool to see the G1 Dinobots with their BW counterparts. Give Megatron the Grim lock color scheme instead of the Dinobot mold, and Long rack as Sludge, and Dinobot can be the counterpart for Slash even though they basically just made him up for PotP...

And now I kinda want to see those other two BW Dinobots done up in a G1 style.

4. Super4Ever

Super4Ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    G1 Slash is female. Granted, Dinobot could have taken on a new gender when going through the Great Upgrade, it’s doubtful.

5. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Easily the worst thing to come out of Dreamwave is the idiotic idea of the Dinobots just so happened to be called "Dynobots" back in the day. What a delightful coincidence that their name's prefix is a homophone for their eventual alt-modes in a language that doesn't even exist yet!

6. JLvatron

JLvatron Transformer

News Credits:
    'Tis clever! :) 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.