PP03A, E and J Attack, Elegy, Jet, aka Not-Thrust, Dirge and Ramjet (pic heavy)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by Dake, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    i have to say these are awesome mine came in 2 weeks ago and i just got a chance to get them on the shelf, the only thing i dont like is it is a painful reminder that i now need thundercracker :( 

however i do wish they had painted the nose cone's of the plane to match the heads, and game them reagular nullrays if somone wanted to display them that way

2. gonzo23

gonzo23 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    BEST WASTE OF $350!! I absolutely love mine! Was initially on the fence, but SO glad I caved!

3. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    They arrived this morning, I'm scared of picking them up at the post office knowing how much they're worth! LOL!

4. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    My Dirge has wing flaps (deflectors?) that are crooked...

The left lower torso piece on a hinge fell off its pin...

No good. Ramjet felt better.

5. apooh812

apooh812 Well-Known Member

I just received Not-Thrust and Not-Ramjet this past afternoon. I have to say the quality of these 2 are better than the 3 Takara seekers I have. The joints are tight and the transforming in the jet mode was perfect. In jet mode, top hood don't pop up like the Takara seekers. Overall, I have very satisfied with the Igear seekers. Now I just need to save up the Not-Dirge.

6. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Getting closer on decals: I need to test print to check colors (that's why the tail letters don't match), and double-check sizes on everything except the nameplates (pic is not to scale). I'll have to figure out what to do about the tailfin letters for Dirge, and see how Thrust's look when they're dropped to the proper size.

Attached Files:

7. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ailerons

That's annoying.

8. Cax6ton

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    How are they crooked? The folding flaps just snap on and off the hinge piece, there's nothing there that should keep them from clicking into place unless the plastic still has mold flash on it.

9. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    The nubs/holes are not molded/drilled dead center.

10. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Sure enough it's a 100% french word! :D 

11. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ive just pre ordered the set from tfsource along with mp 10. I cant wait

12. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I am assuming that this is a bad translation of the word 'autograph'.... not that this makes a lot more sense! :dunce 

Also, my Elegy chest doesnt slide down far enough. Does anyone else have this problem? It seems that the additional sculpting on the sides of the jet nose, next to the cockpit, under his 'ears' extend out to the sides and block the slide down between his shoulder sections.

Is this just my version?

13. apooh812

apooh812 Well-Known Member

I had a similar problem like yours in which my Not-Ramjet does not slide down all the way. There are 2 screws which slides up and down in the body. I had to loosen the both of the screws so that the body can slide down all the way.

14. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Thanks. It looked like the extra sculpting, and this doesnt help, but pulling the shoulder sections out a little didnt help. I loosened the screws a quarter turn and that has mostly sorted the problem. The two halves - front half with the metal sliding tracks, and the rear part with the top of the jet - slide past each other, but the shoulder pin is on the inside of the rear track. Looseneing the screws allows the front to lift a little to clear over the shoulder pin. Its a pretty poor design solution, but my Elegy is now properly transformed to robot mode.

15. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    I finally got my trio assembled, and my usual luck with getting better-than-average QC with my expensive toys (With one exception, which BBTS rectified) so far has held true with them.

I'll post some pics later, but I can say that the three are very impressive. QC is good, plastic quality feels good, and a lot of the scary tight parts on the original Seeker mold have been relaxed, without making them floppy. The hip joints have a bit of an odd 'springyness' to them, a tendency to want to pop back inwards, but I simply attribute that to the design never actually having the ability to use more than a couple of clicks outwards before iGear modded it.

Stability wise, their ability to assume wider stances makes them more stable than my original seekers. All the joints are nice a tight, without being scary-tight, with the exception of not-Ramjet's head balljoint, which is a tad floppy.

The paint apps are nice and clean, and I especially love the coppery finish on not-Dirge's wings (Greatly elevating what is otherwise a rather 'meh' configuration in ANY version of the character).

The mods to the legs and the movement of he hip kibble there raises only one question: Why on EARTH didn't Takara do this in the first place?

Overall? For about the same price as an authentic Seeker, and the only way to get these three iconic characters, they are fully worth the price. If you were willing to drop $100 on a Takara Seeker, get these, simple as that.

16. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    I think the designer already explained he was after the samurai look with the pieces hanging off the hips.

17. Cax6ton

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Black nosecones are done, decals next:

Attached Files:

18. Dr.Arkeville

Dr.Arkeville Mad Scientist

Not to go off topic, but I thought BBTS took a stance on these figures that they refused to carry them based on the fact they were ko/stolen mold whatever. Not starting a war, again just curious if they changed their mind because I wanted to go through them for these but never saw them and had to go elsewhere. Thanks.

19. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
  20. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

I've recently got all 3 Coneheads and think they're excellent. Whilst transforming Dirge I noticed that this part was damaged,

[​IMG]

It goes back into place OK and is a minor thing but I'd like a replacement part if possible.

I've e-mailed iGear a couple of times but have had no reply, has anyone else had any experience with their customer service regarding replacement parts?