Powermaster Prime for Universe 3.0?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by davidarruda, Oct 27, 2009.

?

Powermaster Prime Universe 3.0

1. Yeah

127 vote(s)
    77.4%
  2. Maybe

20 vote(s)
    12.2%
  3. Nope

17 vote(s)
    10.4%
  1. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I've been calling for this for a while now.

I'd rather Hasbro do it than Fansprojects. That way you'd get a cab with your trailer and it'd cost less.

I don't really care if they include the actual Powermaster gimmick or not. I always thought the whole storyline involving the nebulons was pretty stupid.

2. TheBigMachine

TheBigMachine Initiating JAZZ HANDS!

News Credits:
    Agreed. Eff' the Nebulons.

3. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Would be a good excuse for them to do a Universe Leader figure, I suppose.

4. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    Yes,oh for the love of god yes!

5. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Do want.

6. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    I would love an updated Powermaster Prime (with Apex Armor of course). But sadly I doubt "he" will be the Powermaster we get. I would love it if they could at least give us one of each of the Power/Target/Headmasters for both Autobot and Decepticon factions. We have Cyclonus for the TMs, so how about Snapdragon for the HMs, and Doubledealer for the PMs (multimodes :D ). And on the Autobots, Kup for the TMs, Brainstorm for the HMs, and Getaway for the PMs (if not Prime/Ginrai).

7. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

Powermaster Prime gets a big "meh" from me. There are still a lot of '84-'87 characters I'd prefer to see get made. Even among the larger class sizes (Ultra Omega Supreme, Leader Metroplex & Trypticon, Supreme Fort Max & Scorponok).

That said, I'd likely buy one anyway.

8. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Cam Maximus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Hell yeah I'm for a Universe Powermaster Prime... I think that the City Commander armor for Magnus is great, but Prime's upgrade needs to be his Powermaster form.

9. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I haven't bought any Transformers toys now since 1993 or so, but a new Powermaster Optimus Prime would be a must buy!

10. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ

News Credits:
    This. Hasbro could take this figure and mess it up so easy with electronics. C

11. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    *drool* man a powermaster prime in classics universe. Now that they did that darkwing homage repaint I guess more powermaster stuff is possible.

The only problem is that hasbro/ takara hate trailers now. I understand it has to push the size class up and it is harder to get retailers to take toys like that.

You can't do powermaster prime without the triple changing trailer.
    Its actually the least fiddly trailer if were compareing it to the vintage magnus or g1 Optimus. Offhand I'd also guess its smaller since it did not have to carry diaclone vehicles. (micromasters seem to have been in mind though)

Anyway if they do ultras or leaders in the next universe classics, That would be a mold I'd buy a few times.

Please. The design is begging for six spring loaded missiles. 4 grey and two black.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  12. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, I'd be all over a new Powermaster Prime mold done in Universe. Also, I expect that that the possibility is at least there seeing as Hasbro will probably be putting out a new Prime and Megatron in Universe sooner or later. I'd go with sooner considering that they like to keep those two on the shelves and there doesn't seem to be a new series to pick that up when RotF is gone from store shelves.

The question is... will it be Powermaster Prime? Who knows.

Frankly, I'd say they do him at the Ultra price point. Make the cab somewhere between Deluxe & Voyager sized (kind of around the size of the first Classics Prime, but not a reuse of the mold) and than make the trailer around that with the rest of the allowed size so that in his super mode he'd be the normal Ultra size (articulation and such go without saying I guess). Ideally I'd love a Leader Class version, but I just don't see them giving us Leaders in Universe.

13. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    I'd buy it, especially if they turned Prime's larger head into a headmaster as it was originally intended.

14. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

I'd be down with something like this, but it seems more like something that FP or any other 3rd party kit developer would do. I think something in the scale of the THS-02 would work as some of you were getting at.

15. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    a

More then likely if they did something like this, they would update the "master" then make an entirely new mold, something like Titanium Rodimus where the trailer is actually part of the toy.

I think people should relize they do not intend to make a new trailer these days.

Re-issue prime is a different story, kids now want an action figure, as we have seen playsets do not do as well these days, I have seen a ton of those Pokemon, Bakugan, and other random playsets on clearance.

And the price that would be attached for a large piece of plastic that just sit there would be hard to justify to the parents.

16. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

An updated version of my favorite toy ever? Sign me up! I don't want it to be an add-on for the Classics Prime, though. I want a new cab and trailer...

17. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I remember when I got PM Prime for christmas... that was the best christmas ever :D 

Maybe a petition might help? I sooo want to see a new PM Prime! The headmaster feature would be nice as well. Actually I don't mind the Powermaster, it is just the Design of the big, bulky, powerful Prime with all thos cannons and stuff.

A proper sized Galvatron as antagnoist would be cool too...

18. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I'd be down for this, for sure.

19. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

RID Prime, Armada Prime, Energon Prime, Cybertron Prime... yeah, Hasbro just aren't interested in trailers anymore.

20. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

To be fair, all those figures came out years ago. The most recent one, Cybertron Prime, came out in 2005, didn't it? Recent Prime releases include the Classics mold, a bunch of Movie 1 and Movie 2 molds, and Animated molds. The live-action movies specifically show Prime without a trailer, and Animated even releases a toy without a trailer despite having several trailers in the show.

So yeah, I think Hasbro has decided it doesn't like releasing trailers anymore.