powermaster optimus prime

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by BlkPrime_WFCTX_57751, Mar 24, 2007.

1. BlkPrime_WFCTX_57751

BlkPrime_WFCTX_57751 Well-Known Member

did powermaster optimus prime ever appear in any of the cartoon episodes if so which one in

2. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    He was in the Japanese Masterforce series, which aired after G1 ended in the US. He wasn't in any US cartoon series though.

3. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not in the US cartoon, no.

The design appeared in the Masterforce series as Ginrai, but that's a completely different character.

4. ssjautobot

ssjautobot Banned

News Credits:
    the reason why he looks like prime in the masterforce cartoon is because it was revealed later that the body that ginrai uses was originally going to be used for convoy (optimus prime)

5. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

The ONLY time PM Optimus Prime appeared in any US cartoon. Was in the short run "Season 5" as an animatronic robot who'd retell stories of his adventures to a human named Tommy Kennedy.

But other then that, like has been previously said. He only appeared in Masterforce but was under control and personality of a human named Ginrai

6. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

Powermaster Optimus never appeared in the U.S. G1 cartoon, but IIRC he did appear in animation for Hasbro's commercials for the Powermasters, Classics Pretenders and Action Masters.

7. BetaSword

BetaSword Well-Known Member

I've seen MasterForce(thx to the TV-Nihon-IRC), and in the end, the Humans(Powermasters) got seperated from the Transformers, and their Transformation-bangle disappeared, so that, in the End, the Powermasters become full Transformers without the Powermasters(same goes for the Decepticon-kiddies).
    And Ginrai/OptimusPrime(was only called OP in the english localisation) remained as a normal human, separated from his Robot(damn, no he'll get an actionlesser life).

when he got combined with his trailer and his second trailer(called Godbomber), he bacame GodGinrai(in the english version, they called him only Powermaster Optimus Prime then).
    Several Name-changes were made to the human Characters, rendering the human names quite unbelievable(Like Ginrai > Optimus Prime, that is a good name for an Autobot-Leader, but no human, in my knowledge, does even have a Optimus or Prime in his Name)

8. DrSpengler

DrSpengler The Real Ghostbuster

9. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Actually, we have a member on this board who legally changed his name to Optimus Prime and is currently stationed in Iraq, I believe.

10. Shipley

Shipley extremely online

News Credits:
    its true, he's one of my myspace buddies..
    http://myspace.com/mroptimusprime

Great guy. He's a firefighter stationed with the national guard I beleive. I doubt I could fight in a fire or a war, and he's doing both. He's earned the right to bear that name, in my opinion.

11. BetaSword

BetaSword Well-Known Member

Ok, that's new to me, that someone renamed himself.
    But, he wasn't given that name when he was born(Scott Edward Nall), so it's the same as taking a name like anything else (Jackie Chan, for example changed his name from Chan Kong-Sang to Jackie Chan)

12. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

IMO, Powermasters Prime has a great design for the time he was created, it even began the "Prime can combine with his trailer" routine. Evenmore, later he can combine with an extra trailer (God Bomber, though I've seen the nime Apex Armor also).

However, I've watched somo Masterforce episodes, and still can't get accustomed to that "human control the transformer" thingy.

13. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

The 1987 and 1988 Headmasters line would like to have a word with you ;) 

14. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

I know :D 

At least during the 4th season Rebirth episodes, the transformers kept their knowledge about their existence, they could still control their actions.

In masterforce, they are like puppets.

15. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That's kind of a misconception that a lot of people have about Masterforce, be it as a result of just hearing about it from others, or just not "getting it." The humans do not "control" or "pilot" the Transformers in Masterforce - it's not like they're sitting in cockpits (a la "Rebirth"), or directing their movements from one point. As soon as that engine or head plugs into that socket, the human and the Transtector body are as one entity. There's no US-master-style shared mind, or a sensation of controlling a body that is not their own. They ARE the Transformer. That robot body is their body, and all the sensations it experiences, they experience. It's exactly the same mechanism as the Japanese take on the 1987 Headmasters, except that they had small robots forming the heads of larger, lifeless robot bodies - and nobody thinks of them as puppets, or as less than Transformers. The characters of Masterforce are as much Transformers as any that have come before - it just so happens that their soul is human, rather than Cybertronian.

16. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

But watching some Masterforce episodes, three kids are given 3 vehicles that can transform into robots, and they play the head part. It led me to think that they controled the robot, and the body was useless without the kids.

17. Chris McFeely

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm assuming you haven't watched the Japanese "Headmasters" series? This technology is introduced there - those robot bodies are called "Transtectors." They're not actually truly living Transformer bodies. The tech was developed by a group of small Cybertronians who left Cybertron and wound up on the planet Master, as a means of surviving the planet's hazardous environment. The small robots connect to them as heads as a means of increasing their own size and power.

This is the technology employed in "Masterforce," simply with humans in place of the small robots. Yes, the bodies are "useless" without the humans bonded to them, but that's because, like in "Headmasters," they're not sentient. The small component of the Transformer is the one that houses the intelligence, the life. Perhaps one needs the introduction to the concept in "Headmasters" for "Masterforce" to go over better... hmn, hadn't thought of that before.

18. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

No, I haven't watched the Headmasters series, your explaniation clarifies things :) 

19. Chris McFeely

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  20. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    I still can't get my head around that. To me, it felt like Takara directed the series (and franchise) towards something they felt the Japanese audience would relate to more easily. I really wish they'd stop doing that given half the time it doesn't seem to work.