Customs: Powerizer PRiD Prime Mod Help

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by MechaKnight, May 4, 2012.

  1. MechaKnight

    MechaKnight Autobot

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2010
    Posts:
    165
    Trophy Points:
    56
    Likes:
    +0
    Alright, I could use some help. I pretty much ended up destroying my first powerizer Prime, but I ordered two more earlier that day Express so they should arrive sometime next week.

    The thing is. Apart from some slight pain application needed, I really don't have a problem with the figure, save for 2 things.

    1. I was hoping to add some articulated Hands to the figure. I've seen some people do it, but I have no idea how it could be done. Information can make all the difference.

    2. The lights that sit at the top of his shouldsers. I had some ideas of my own...once again backfired. They presence just....doesn't sit right right me. I accept them but at the same time I don't. I picked them off and I absolutely loved the way his Robotmode looked without them. For such a minor change, to me, it made a HUGE difference...though it left an unsightly gap in his vehicle mode. I was hoping to find a way to add a little tidbit onto them to at least make them be able to flip down, so that way it would still look more show accurate. As previously stated it was a failure.

    Also I wish to do this WITHOUT taking away his ability to transform.

    If anyone can offer me any help on how to rectify these two minor issues, that would be GREATLY appreciated. If not, I won't sweat it and just stick to trying to paint the figure.
     
  2. MechaKnight

    MechaKnight Autobot

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2010
    Posts:
    165
    Trophy Points:
    56
    Likes:
    +0
    Any help is appreciated.
     
  3. SonWukong

    SonWukong Active Member

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2010
    Posts:
    44
    Trophy Points:
    41
    Likes:
    +0
    Im trying to do something similar to my RiD Optimus. I thought of cannibalizing some ball joints off Legends class or Cyberverse figures. I got the idea from RoTF Leader Optimus. But with my busy work schedule, I just hadn't found the time to do it yet.

    [​IMG]

    It would be positioned like so. (I'ts only being temporarily held in place with tape. :D )

    [​IMG]

    I was planning on mounting the ball joint here. My thinking was that the ball joints would alow the lights to tilt back a little to give the chest a more cartoon accurate look.
     
  4. MechaKnight

    MechaKnight Autobot

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2010
    Posts:
    165
    Trophy Points:
    56
    Likes:
    +0
    Yeah, I have something sort of like that, but At the moment I'm taking a break from my constant string of failures to enjoy my FE Prime. ^_^

    I do have a Powerizer Prime that has two holes on the left and right sides of his vents...now the problem is creating a way for the ball joints to say fused with the lights so that they can maintain a complete transformation.
     
  5. Quantum25

    Quantum25 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2011
    Posts:
    2,130
    Trophy Points:
    177
    Likes:
    +42
    I had that same idea for my Prime, looks great.

    You might want to look into some plastic fusion/weld/cement for that since they're made to fuse together pieces of plastic.
     
  6. MechaKnight

    MechaKnight Autobot

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2010
    Posts:
    165
    Trophy Points:
    56
    Likes:
    +0
    Well I have some plastruct bondene, but sadly it didn't work as well as I had initially hoped.
     
  7. Quantum25

    Quantum25 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2011
    Posts:
    2,130
    Trophy Points:
    177
    Likes:
    +42
    Yeah, it's probably going to require something stronger since your looking for a fusion of the plastics rather than just glue holding it together. I've heard some people swear by Plastic Fusion (you can try googling it), though with some research, you can decide what works for you.
     
  8. MechaKnight

    MechaKnight Autobot

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2010
    Posts:
    165
    Trophy Points:
    56
    Likes:
    +0
    Well it turns out good old fashioned high temperature hot glue was my best choice so far. And it seems to be working thus far!
     

Share This Page