Powered Commander Armor question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Peaugh, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Does anyone have or know if the the blue on the TFCon Powered Commander Armor and the blue on the Chromed Fansproject re-release are the same shade? Looking into the possibility of a blue classics Optimus, ideally one of a shade of blue that would match both armors.

2. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I don't own the TFCon version, just the DIA Commander re-release, but I can tell you the blue on it is only veeeeery slightly lighter than the blue on my Henkei Prime - I guess it is noticable in day light, but only very slightly (don't own Classics Prime).

I guess if TFCon Powered Commander's blue is the same as Classics Prime's blue, and Classic's blue is lighter than Henkei's blue, it's safe to say the Powered Commander blue is darker as well.

Maybe this info is useful, maybe not.

Are we talking about a blue Prime as in Diaclone colors, though? Because if so, that toy has black legs, and the black not match the blue parts where the toy's bits are showing..right?

edit:
    found a gallery of Classics Prime with the re-release DIA Commander!
    http://www.sector70.com/forum/tm.aspx?high=&m=29014&mpage=1#29019

So I guess the colors fit Classics Prime best, which I guess also means the colors are similar on the TFCon Commander as well as DIA Commander..but like I said, it's really not that noticable with Henkei anyway.

3. rhapsodyred99

rhapsodyred99 Well-Known Member

I own both and to my mind the blues are Identical.

I can put them foot to foot where the DIA armor and the TFcon armor are right next to each other and Id swear its the same blue or so close as to not matter.

4. BlackzaraK

BlackzaraK deceptabum

News Credits:
    Yeah you cant really tell the difference i have both ..
    1. The chrome
    2. Different color on his knees.
    3. on the side of the armor the line are a little different as well.
    other than that is the same blue is used for both

5. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Yeah looking to do a diaclone Prime to go with the armor. I know the legs are black, not a huge issue, since you don't see a whole lot of the inner robot with the armor on, just want the cab to look good in vehicle mode.